Author Topic: Do you wonder why the US troops loose the population support in Iraq?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
Do you wonder why the US troops loose the population support in Iraq?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Maybe they should have just shot them all like Saddam would have done? Or, chopped off a few hands like they would have done in their neighbor countries? It's common for looters to be fired upon in a situation like that. These guys got off easy. Get off yer ladder of pretentious indignation.

Ya, no kidding.  We 're there to restore order and get out.  Not win popularity contests.  If Saddam was in power, those guys would have gotten a lot worse and I bet ya they know it.

And the fact that the owner of the car committed the crime with his onlyh source if income is his fault.  

Just because Saddam isn't in power anymore, doesn't mean that they can do whatever they want... like steal from other people.  

They weren't maimed, killed or EVEN IMPRISONED for stealing!!!!  I think they got off lucky.  Im not saying that they should of, but under Saddam thats what they would have got.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2004, 09:54:09 AM »
poor poor Iraqi's

Sure, maybe it wasnt the right thing to do... But take a look at what is going on in iraq today...

Is that right?

When did 2 wrongs make a right?

Is war right?

Is killing period right?

When is violence accpeted?

When is enough, enough?

Was it right when the germans spewed mustard gas over a battle field and our troops drowned due to their own blistering lungs?

Was it ok for Osama Bin Chithead to organize an attack and kill thousands of americans because he didnt like the way we lived?

What makes anything right?

What makes your actions "OK" not only to you but to others in the rest of the world?

It's simple really... And is summed up in one simple phrase

It is all in the eyes of the beholder.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2004, 09:56:32 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys
Hey Muck, I won't speak for the rest of Europe but in my case I'm just hoping that:

the losses of life stop ASAP in Iraq

I've never hoped things to go in a hell basket for the US troops in Iraq. But I've never believed that it would be as easy as your daydreaming 2-digit IQ leader announced it would be.

Now if you're so sure that US citizens are welcome in Iraq, just go have your holidays there. It's sunny, and I'm sure that the hotels are pretty cheap.

I agree. The loss of life is deplorable and I cannot wait for our people to come home.

Whether or not I vaction in Iraq depends on what kinds of deals I can get on priceline.;)

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2004, 09:57:53 AM »
Real gems!

1) Restoring order by crushing cars with tanks...never thought about that DOH!

2) Because they would have been killed or tortured under SH this behaviour is justified... kindof trying to get them to democracy and human rights ne baby step at a time...

3) Good way to punish them and handle the situation. Yeah right! The guy is still free, but he has lost almost everything. OTOH he still has to eat. So how do you think that he'll get some food when the tank is 2 blocks away? By planting corn??
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2004, 10:02:18 AM »
Grun
 gixer just owned himself, lol what a tool!

I agree with you on this one as well, they could have handled it better. Though Hortland makes a good point, about not knowing when this was, if it was before the iraq police had been put back in place I am not sure they had that many options, but I think they went to far.

If this was recent then their is no exscuse at all.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2004, 10:12:40 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys
Real gems!

1) Restoring order by crushing cars with tanks...never thought about that DOH!

2) Because they would have been killed or tortured under SH this behaviour is justified... kindof trying to get them to democracy and human rights ne baby step at a time...

3) Good way to punish them and handle the situation. Yeah right! The guy is still free, but he has lost almost everything. OTOH he still has to eat. So how do you think that he'll get some food when the tank is 2 blocks away? By planting corn??

Why don't you invite him to come live with you?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2004, 10:13:48 AM »
wasnt there so Im not gonna use some media editors spin to develope my thoughts on the matter.  Perhaps these troops were justified in this example of Iraq battlefield justice, perhaps not.  One thing is for sure, its on tape.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2004, 10:17:30 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Grun
 gixer just owned himself, lol what a tool!

I agree with you on this one as well, they could have handled it better. Though Hortland makes a good point, about not knowing when this was, if it was before the iraq police had been put back in place I am not sure they had that many options, but I think they went to far.

If this was recent then their is no exscuse at all.

Gto you always agree wth Grun, I thought he owned you? LOL what a tool!

...-Gixer

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2004, 10:18:01 AM »
Wow I never knew there were so many military police experts on this forum.

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2004, 10:24:49 AM »
Oh God that tanker was (is) a dirtbag.  

Over $5 of wood, the Iraqi lost his car (which was his job as a taxi driver).  

Who knows what the Iraqi wanted the wood for, maybe cooking fuel, maybe to board up the doors and windows of his house for protection.

The tanker should buy the Iraqi a new car.  What do cars cost over there, a few hundred?

I bet the Iraqi's new job is RPG gunner in the insurgent army.

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2004, 10:28:51 AM »
Don't know about you but if I had the choice of getting thrown in an Iraqi jail without a system of government in place (so ill have to wait for who knows how long in jail before I get a trial) or lose my car, even if it is my only source of income I would lose the car.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2004, 10:29:46 AM »
This Gixer guy is hillarious.

We basically agree that this incident is disgracseful and inapropraate but he just cant get out of his preconceved notions and limiations and hatreds of america or of different viewpoints to see  that agreement.

So he must put up a fight and manufature some sort of irrational conflict between us even if he makes an bellybutton of himself doing so...

What a bizzare mental complex...

But again Gixer.

Go read my posts in this thread.

Then rethink your post abiut me ignoring this incident.

Do it for your sake.

And be careful to do it well....

Because your next post will show us all in the BBS if your retarded or if you are not....

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2004, 10:32:44 AM »
Grun maybe he can't read, from what I have seen of his posts, he is not worth paying atention to, Ignore for him.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2004, 10:35:41 AM »
So Funked were you in army and if yes were you also a MP ?

For me it looks like what happens when you put young kids in the men's boots.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2004, 10:36:01 AM »
I'd never ignore anyone, especially one like him... :)

I wonder if its possible that he will just admit his error in the next post and simply move on... Or if he will feel the urge to attack and ridicule again...