Author Topic: <S> to Taki’s Tyrants! (Yancya13, busa01, nefarious, nossuu, dfada et al.)  (Read 542 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
...and Taki himself of course!

There are some downbeat threads on the board right now – people whining about maps, people whining about not being able to find the kind of fight they want, people harking back to the “good old days”…

So I just wanted to Taki's Tyrants for an enjoyable afternoon’s fighting – Monday at around 1400 UTC and for the next few hours.

The rooks had been pushing up from 215 to 201. But we were not sufficiently well organised. Taki’s Tyrants were up in N1Ks and seemed to be very well coordinated. They pushed us away from 201, and all the way back to 215, which they then captured.

Yancya13! Sorry about some really sucky flying – even worse than my usual. I was very rusty because it was small maps last week and part of this. I no longer fly when the small maps are up, which is about half the map cycle these days, and was out of practice. I tried to take on too much. I was HVY in a F6F looking for the M3, but your P47 was wrecking our town. On hindsight, I wish I’d ignored you and focussed on locating your M3. I was dogfighting you with 6 rockets on board!

You guys could not have known that our CV was just SW of 215, and we managed to keep up the pressure on 215. Waves of ki67/ju88 came out, but we killed them all. We had an excellent CV driver – drummn6 or similar name, and he turned the CV when it needed turning because of high B17s, and kept it in a position which was impossible for your SB to hit.

So yes, we dropped a lot of your strat targets like the VH and town, but there was plenty of air to air combat arising out of our attempts to retake 215. Hehe, I got Taki a few times and it made my day! He got me of course.  We were going at it for about two hours. Eventually, the rook green bardar had the effect of attracting hordes, and we moved in to capture. It was fun while it lasted.

Pizza rocks!

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Ya got film of that Beet1e?

J/K! :D

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
These guys rock! I love it when I hear guys whining about the Puni's (for instance). You can always tell where the fight is when these guys are doing their thing. It's a tough fight everytime.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Originally posted by kj714
Ya got film of that Beet1e?

J/K! :D
YES!  But only some of it.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Taki’s Tyrants were up in N1Ks

Nothing new there.  They usually fly in a tight group like the Borg Collective.  You get too close to the cube and you'll get caught in their tractor beam.  Don't try to run - they'll be a 20k so that they can dive down on you and catch you.

Ask them why they fly N1K's all the time and they'll say that its because it is the only decent Japanese plane in the planeset.  Personally, I like the Ki-61 at 20k better, but I can see their point.  Bring the Ki-44 Shoki to Aces High!

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
they good pilots aye. but just why they fly the crutchplane of the planeset is beyond me.

ive seen taki do wonders in a spit1 :)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Originally posted by OIO
crutchplane  
:lol