Author Topic: Urchin, banana, other disillusioned vets:  (Read 1417 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Urchin, banana, other disillusioned vets:
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2004, 03:18:45 PM »
I sure like the Pac war setup's.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2004, 04:17:38 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
too much pacific war crap, for my liking in CT,, change map twice a week andi may join more regular..

Gee thats odd we only average a Pacific setup every 3rd week with a sprinkling of Mediterranean, East Front, Channel Front, Germany 1944/1945, Hungary, Greece, Sicily (been a while but its coming around again), etc...
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Urchin, banana, other disillusioned vets:
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2004, 08:54:17 PM »
Originally posted by oboe
Last night there were 50+ people in the CT, and there were multiple, easy-to-find fights, large and small.   I myself winged for about an hour with Drunky, a helluva stick I might add, and together we spent the better part of the evening engaged with 3-4 allied P-38s and 51s, very competently flown and willing to mix it up.   One 2v2 we had must have lasted 15 minutes at least.

I have to thank you for that compliment.  I really enjoyed winging with you and want to give you a big .  Had it not been getting toward the end of the evening (and the end of my twelve pack) I might have even flown better ;)

My personal feeling is that most (not all, there are exceptions) of the people that fly the CT do so for the fight.  Bases get taken from time to time but that is not the sole focus.

On that other bulletin board *cough*checksix*cough* I had just compared the CT to the old Beta map days.  You get to know the people you fly with and there is camaraderie if not respect between the pilots.  Most are looking for the fight and will not run, even when odds are against.  Hell, I've notice a lot of people that will switch sides to even it out.  To me that is class.

Not only a for oboe but for all those that fly the CT regularly.  It is you that keep me flying in AH.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2004, 11:52:59 PM »
too much pacific war crap,

Thats a new one:D

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2004, 12:09:32 AM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
change map twice a week andi may join more regular..

Here Here.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2004, 04:50:47 AM »
I like the CT but unfortunetly for me evening kiwi time is off peek eastern time so I'm lucky to see more then a couple peoeple in there.

...-Gixer

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2004, 11:38:03 AM »
There's fightin in the CT??? No way!!!

Last time I was there it was PAC...I thought cool...grabbed towards the little red dots to find 4 ME262's headed towards me...didn't know the Japanese secured 262's from Germany.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2004, 12:38:11 PM »
Hmmm.    Last time I was in the MA...  I thought cool...  grabbed towards the little red dots to find a group of ALTMONKEY P-51's pile-its who relished gang banging my wee sorry arse.

I do have to acknowlege, in a positive way, that the 13TAS groups as a whole typically give a hearty to thier victims on channel one right after.

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2004, 12:40:36 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
...grabbed towards the little red dots to find 4 ME262's headed towards me...didn't know the Japanese secured 262's from Germany.

Funny thing is they DID build a copy of the 262, never got it into production though.. Germany snuck over a 262 in pieces by submarine if I remember correctly. Of course I get your point though, it shouldn't heve been available.. :D
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline Central

• Nickel Member
Re: Urchin, banana, other disillusioned vets:
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2004, 03:36:48 AM »
Originally posted by oboe
It seems to me its close to the flying environment from the past you want to recapture.

The CT is mostly regulars who greet and salute each other.

But its got the feel of the beta community to it.

Couldn't have said it any better:aok

Reminds me of the good ole days.

I dont think ive flown serious in the MA for over a year or so. TOD is going to really kick prettythang if it gets going.:cool:

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2004, 12:29:04 PM »
Originally posted by Icer
Funny thing is they DID build a copy of the 262, never got it into production though.. Germany snuck over a 262 in pieces by submarine if I remember correctly. Of course I get your point though, it shouldn't heve been available.. :D

It was a "fantasy" setup that we did to give some variation to the existing rotation and it was advertised as such on the CT board and the MOTD.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2004, 06:42:59 PM »
In the past I really enjoyed the CT.  It offered a little less hectic environment but some quality dogfighting.  However over the past year or so I get frustrated with the squads that will do their thing in there and it didn't envolve any "actual dogfighting".  I mean, you look at the roster and there would be 15-20 on both sides but you cant find the fight. No DAR bar, no dots, I ask where the fight is, no reply, etc.. It's like they are hiding are doing some sneaky mission.  Hey thats all well and good, but my time is limited and when I log in I want some quality air to air action.  I may have to sacrifice and put up with some childish dweebiness in the MA, but at elast they are all trying to kill me:)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2004, 09:17:46 PM »
That happens more than is should ammo, some setups are worse than others. BoB setups are the least likely for that to happen because the Dover-Calais area will always focus the fights.

I've always had fun fights with ya in there BTW.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2004, 11:14:39 PM »
Originally posted by -ammo-
However over the past year or so I get frustrated with the squads

Yo ammo.

I get frustrated with the squads, too.  Difficult choices:  We like to have more people in CT, and that means we welcome squads.  Squads like to fly together, which means that in a low-numbers environment we will have a lop-sided night.  You should know that the picture is improving:  Squads seem to sense that there should be balance.  I've even seen some of them splitting up to even the odds.

Come back.  We miss you.

- oldman

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2004, 09:01:47 AM »
I've been lucky.. mostly the only problems I've has in the CT was the planesets get boring after a night or two but..

When the fight is between close fields you can sometimes have good fights for a couple of hours.

The pac ones and the russian/finland ones were pretty good as is BOB.... really boring ones are a ded giveaway... they have 190's or p51's in em  

lazs