Author Topic: See what happends when you take away people's guns!!!  (Read 456 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
See what happends when you take away people's guns!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 11:55:26 AM »
Koala bear epidemic?

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 11:56:36 AM »
I hear they taste like chicken
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 11:58:17 AM »
He's comin' right for us!!

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 12:41:54 PM »
Originally posted by ra
He's comin' right for us!!

what do you mean by "us" white man"
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 12:49:53 PM »
Kangaroo Island tourist operators say a koala cull would severely damage the island's tourist industry.

They obviously aren't very keen businessmen.  They just need to start up the great Kangaroo Island Koala Safari, and not only will the tourist industry be booming, but the tourists themselves can help solve the problem of too many koalas.  Damn, I'm a genius.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 06:53:42 PM »
allways reminds me of that joke when 2 guys see a bear and one says "we better get running"  the other says "you can't outrun a bear" and the first guy says... "I don't have to outrun the bear, I only got to outrun you."

My (former) brother in law killed a blackbear on a path the we damn near walked into him... he rared up (the bear that is) and before i knew wally shot him in the chest so friggin fast I didn't even have time to piss myself... one shot from a super blackhawk in 44 mag.

lazs

Offline SavedSaint

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 08:27:19 PM »
adopt a kola foundation would be better than killing them

storch

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 10:07:39 PM »
shoot the furry tree eating landscape scarring aussie commie critters.  you'll be glad u did.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2004, 06:27:25 AM »
Lazs, I used to deer hunt in an area which has a concentrated population of black bears.  I hunted a pipeline and had my stand up about 30' in a pine tree.  

I saw 13 bears one time crossing the pipeline, and at no time did I go hunting and see less than 6 bears.  Had a large female walk underneath my stand and I guess it was about 6 feet long, measuring by the diameter of the tree I was in.

Bears were all over the place, but they never attacked..they knew I was there (by my scent) and didn't surprise them.  Biologists from Auburn had been studying them and feeding them Krispy Kreme doughnuts by way of trapping them, tranquilizing and fitting with tags, recording info, etc... and the bears were used to people.  They probably knew what a rifle was too, due to rednecks shooting at them.  Every bit as smart as deer.

Every hunt was a successful one, even without a deer.  Just watching those bears was a real treat.  Though it seems deer wouldn't come around when bears were there.  Seeing bears usually meant no deer at that location that would come out.

Gotta admit, felt kinda strange coming off the stand at dark and waiting for my buddy to pick me up.  And hearing bears nearby.

What good is shooting a bear anyway?  Is bear meat any good to eat?  Anyone know?  They're protected species down here.   From what I've been told, they're the only ones left in the entire state.  You get attacked by a bear and you better use your fists or rifle butt or knife to fight it where I go hunting.:D

Les

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2004, 08:31:02 AM »
He had a bear tag.   I have no interest in bear hunting but he ate the damn thing.  Also, He was  starting out in taxidermy and he needed something bigger to botch up.  We were startled by the bear.. mostly tho, like you said.. never felt threatened.

lazs

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2004, 09:57:35 AM »
One of my friends hiked about a third of the Appalacian Trail.  He said he encountered a bear at one point along the way.  One time he had just settled down to rest and make camp for the night.  He still had several hours of daylight left.  

He had removed his shoes and was searching for a place to pitch a lean-to tent, when a large black bear stood up on its legs about 100 feet away and growled very loud.  My friend hurriedly put on his shoes and hauled butt down the trail.  The bear didn't chase him, but he said he never went back for anything he left behind.

Les

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2004, 10:24:22 AM »
I have heard that bear meat is pretty good, although I've never had it.

Offline 1wingnutone

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2004, 10:57:47 AM »
I have eaten bear before (also squirell and rabbit and a few other odditys) and I didn`t like it(the bear).It has a texture that of beef but stringy and difficult to chew with a flavor that I would describe as somewhat unique tho not bad,it just wasn`t something that I personally liked.Although I must confess I didn`t cook it myself and it may have tasted better if it had been prepared different.Not to beat my own drum but I am a damn good cook when it comes to meat and I think if I had done the cooking it would have been better I`m sure.

If none of you have tried rabbit or squirell I do highly recommend that if cooked in butter and garlic with a dash of pepper.Incidently, par boiling is a must before the actual frying of either,Both meats have a delicious melt in your mouth flavor that you will never forget and just thinking about right now makes me want to go and invite a few of them to dinner.:D :D

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2004, 11:20:16 AM »
Fried rabbit...now you're talkin'.

:D

Les