Author Topic: !0 Bucks?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
!0 Bucks?
« on: May 01, 2004, 01:08:12 PM »
I noticed last night the Host said somehting to the effect that "USGolfer was credited 10 bucks for training a cadet.." I would be highly interested in training if it pays, how do I set this up?
-Twitchy

"Never doubt that a small commited group of individuals can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has..."
-Margaret Meade
Anthropologist
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 01:19:31 PM »
on the clipboard, you see a button labeled "training" clicking on that will call up a list of people who want training.

i dunno how much training it takes to get you the $10 credit.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline SavedSaint

• Copper Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 02:13:25 PM »
hmm..

i never knew this..
i must try..

anyone know how effective this is.

i just want 10 bucks to my account...
no interested in the actual money

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 05:58:36 PM »
If you help out a newbie (2 weeker) and they appreciated the help, they can elect to give your nick to HTC when they subscribe the first time.  HTC then credits your account.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 01:48:17 PM »
From Aces High Help file:

The training system in Aces High was introduced to encourage more experienced players to help new players acclimate to Aces High.  Here's an overview of how it works:
-The veteran player indicates that they are willing to train new players
-When a new player enters the Main Arena during their trial period, they are asked if they would like some help
-If the new player wants help, a private message is broadcast to all veterans online who have offered to help
-If/when the new player subscribes to Aces High, they are presented with a list of all players who have helped them and they choose who they feel helped them the most
-The player chosen as the one who was most helpful is given a $10 credit to their account
Each trainer may help up to 10 new players at a time.  Each new player may have up to 10 trainers, but they will only be able to choose one for the $10 credit at subscription time.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 02:26:55 PM »
I would be highly interested in training if it pays,

Kinda lame that people will only be interested  training someone if there is money in it for them:rolleyes:

Kinda missing the whole point of helping if you ask me. But what do I know;)
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 07:19:57 PM »
Agreed Morpheus, It ain't about the money.

RTR
The Damned

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 11:37:01 AM »
My three years I've gotten one credit :)  just wanted that single pat on the back.
I missed the system message saying I got it though, oh well LoL.
Since then I've been helping and not signing anyone up as my Cadet.
It brings another niche of people giving some $10 to help others.
It can also allow people who can't afford AH to find a way to fly.
I also don't see many system messages announcing credits like I used to, although I don't know it they still broadcast them the same way.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 11:57:23 AM »
All true Fuze. Im sorry if I came off a bit negative. I just feel that new plyaers in the MA at least, are becoming more and more over looked. I know when I first started the game, which seems like ages ago, I was helped out a great deal by the 444th Mafia and most of all by MugZ. I am sure they are still helping players like the helped me out but squads like that and people like that seem few and far between.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 12:40:25 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
Kinda lame that people will only be interested  training someone if there is money in it for them:rolleyes:

Kinda missing the whole point of helping if you ask me. But what do I know;)

Well yes true,  but you gotta remember that the people that are helping are giving up their own free time to help out another.   For some its an opportunity to earn some money to pay for the game they enjoy..  Plus the whole $10 initiative is a good way to promote help amongst players,  just an added plus IMO.

Offline Spitter

• Copper Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 01:10:49 PM »
True enough, wildthing.  I know I flew almost excusively in the TA for several nights (after spending almost a month offline just to learn the FM well enough not to embarrass myself).
I don't even remember who I wound up giving the $10 credit to, but I wish I could have picked 3 or 4 names.  
I pop in to the TA to practice still, and always help if there are any questions (and no trainers atm, or if I know they are busy), but I know I wouldn't pay me for the help I give...heh. :D

Spitter's advice to newbs:
Ground...hurt, ouch.  
Planes with red names...hurt...ouch.  
Ack...hurt...ouch.  :rofl

That about sums it up!  

For learning bombing and plane setup, I can usually help.  It's when they want ACM help, I tell them I do too!  

Cheers,
Spitter

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 01:22:36 PM »
Well you there is no arguing with the "added plus". Money is good no matter what. But I just think that the real "pay" comes from seeing the person you helped enjoy the game that much more as a result of your helping.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 01:32:24 PM »
perhaps ill manage a free teeshirt and hat ... (Gotta replace my old Fighter ace shirt ) hint hint ....

But besides that I actually enjoy giving back a few hours each week or so helping guys learn . :D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
!0 Bucks?
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 02:47:08 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
Well you there is no arguing with the "added plus". Money is good no matter what. But I just think that the real "pay" comes from seeing the person you helped enjoy the game that much more as a result of your helping.

I've never "charged" anyone for my help in whatever that may be,  but i consider it a good way to get us the players to help others with the $10 bonus.  If your willing enough to do it for free,  more power to ya..  Plus its not actually the person your teaching that your charging,  it's comin out of HT's pocket,  so charge away!  :D  :p