Author Topic: Your Social Security Statement  (Read 971 times)

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Your Social Security Statement
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2004, 07:33:20 PM »
rediscuss this..not enough arguments on this issue....the staement is meaningless...it will not be there when I reack social security age.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004, 08:25:36 PM »
keeps granny from eating fido's dogfood today ...

so more of us can eat it tomorrow ....

I think the gov just needs to take MORE of our own money and tell us when and how to spend it .. yeah, that'd work ... that is the portion they don't hand out to the dumbacrat voting base in monthly loyalty payments ....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 08:28:43 PM »
:D  I love it!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2004, 09:06:09 PM »
The end of SSI will never happen for one reason.  Every govt elected official eventually has to run for re-election.  All the opponent has to do is scare the hell out of the seniors by saying "he's gonna cut social security"

DONT MESS WITH THE AARP.  They might just invade your town red dawn style and set up HQ at the Golden Corral!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Your Social Security Statement
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 09:52:02 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
something thats going to pay me $1500/month in 2038?  

Wassamatta? That will be MORE than enough to get you a full meal deal at Burger King!

You'll have enough left over for a Blizzard at DQ most likely.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 10:41:51 PM »
The last person I want running Social Security is Wall Street. How many people lost their pension and retirement with Enron alone? Yeah, let some greedy CEO steal all the money, send it offshore and skip the country. Another great Republican idea.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2004, 10:44:16 PM »
Can it and open up FERS to the public.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2004, 05:48:14 AM »
Originally posted by rpm371
The last person I want running Social Security is Wall Street. How many people lost their pension and retirement with Enron alone? Yeah, let some greedy CEO steal all the money, send it offshore and skip the country. Another great Republican idea.

only the if you are ignorant enough to put your ENTIRE investment in ONE company ....

the gore/skerry voters should let the gov handle their investments as I do not see the average one smart enough to balance their checkbook - LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2004, 07:40:34 AM »
"It's like being forced to buy worldcom stock when you know they are filing for bankruptcy"

ouch :(

Now there's a scab that'll never go away...   Anyone want to buy 3,000 plus sheets of toilet paper?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2004, 08:12:03 AM »
I dont pay into SS anymore.   I am paid up and will get a whopping 700 bucks or so at 62 but I haven't paid into it in about 12 years.

It can be beat...  If you have an equal plan, in my case, it is calPERS.... you are exempt from paying into SS ( I still have to pay medicare).

CalPers is the same cost as SS but it works like this.... you are paid 2.5% of your last highestr year for every year of employment at age 55.   soo.. if you worked 20 years and retired at 55 you would have 50% of your income at 55 years old...  it would be higher rate at older.   It goes all the way up to like 112% or so...

Plus... it is based on inflation so it will grow 2% max a year (better than nothing).

CalPers is having a problem with having to much money tho and it is attracting the notice of democrats who feel that it is unfair and the suffering should be spread around... they (boxe finestein) have introduced bills from time to time to do things like force CalPers to "invest" in ghetto bussines and minority and low income housing.   They want it to either make them look good or go down the toilet to prove that only the government can manage your money.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2004, 08:22:18 AM »
Why not?  people who have never contriobuted a cent to the crappy system get benifiets now.  At least those guys paid into it.

lazs

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Re: Your Social Security Statement
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2004, 08:28:30 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
I don't understand the program.

Ever heard of a "Ponzi scheme"? They are highly illeagal and folks have been prosecuted for them, unless of course they are run by our political heros.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2004, 08:35:12 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Checkmate...

U.S. to Give Border Patrol Agents the Power to Deport Illegal Aliens

WTF?

Did the border patrol not already have that ability. Even after almost 30 years of following politics I never cease to be amazed at the stupidity of the government!