Author Topic: Two hour download for full??  (Read 548 times)

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
Two hour download for full??
« on: May 06, 2004, 03:11:49 PM »
OK please help me understand. I have gotten a new PC and need to install the full beta 27 version from scratch. No big deal with anything else I ever download since I have a DSL line. However when I start the full download it says there is 2 plus hours DL time remaining. In 10 minutes it only DL 8%!!!

I did not have this problem the first time I DL the Beta. And I do not have this problem with music, video, pics, files etc.

The current AH version only took a few minutes to reinstall.

I have a Pentium 4, 2.8 gghz, 768 megs of 3200 ram. And an 800 FSB. There is nothing slow about my PC in any way except for this DL.

Please help me to get it quicker or understand why I would need 2 hours to DL 76MB with a DSL line. Thanks, FRRaptor

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 03:56:07 PM »
I think it was just your DSL/ISP.  I downloaded it in 7min and 1 sec with DSL (BETA 27)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 04:25:18 PM »
Download rates can vary a lot if your download route is experiencing high traffic.  The beta and AH1 download are both on the same server, so the beta should only take about 2.5-3 times longer to download.

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 04:39:11 PM »
took 4 minutes 38 seconds with 3mb cable.

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »
Thanks anyway but this information doesnt help me at all. I still can not get a download (from this link only) to come in at the speeds everything else I DL come in at. I have no other problems DL anything else on the web at very quick speeds. I have DSL and it works just fine......for everything except the FULL BETA DL!!

It still says there is over 2 hours time left in the DL. And even if I leave it and figure to come back in 2 hours, it fails at some point before hand. I guess I will not be helping in the Beta testing until this issue changes. FBRaptor

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 05:34:57 AM »
Originally posted by FBRaptor
I guess I will not be helping in the Beta testing until this issue changes. FBRaptor
I don't know what the issue is, but the download link is not the problem.  Out of interest, I have just downloaded the full version myself on 1mb Broadband.  DL speed varied between 77 and 90 KB/S (I was browsing at same time, and husband using his PC also upstairs) and it took 17 minutes 10 seconds.  This from the UK too.  Hope you get it worked out.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun