Author Topic: Define your name  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Define your name
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2004, 08:35:05 AM »
LOL Culero :D  If storms can be that fun maybe I'll stay out there for one! But i'd end up like the bastard roofing family with really wide eyes :D

ditto to what Lizking just said!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2004, 09:36:29 AM »
Originally posted by culero
Its a Johnson (pretty much the same thing as Evinrude) 140hp.

The boat is a Baymaster (look here) which is a specialized ultra-shalllow-draft boat.

The bay I fish is the Lower Laguna Madre, which is approximately 150 square miles with an average depth of 2 feet or less. Its one of only 3 large hypersaline bay systems in the world, a rather unique fishing environment.

Several local boat manufacturers have developed here to service the peculiar needs for this type of water (we call it "skinny water"). That boat is 22 feet long and 8 feet wide yet will run at full speed in 6 inches of water. It will launch from dead stop to plane from 18 inches of water. The hull has a drive tunnel which funnels water to the propeller, allowing the prop to be pulled up into trim so that very little of it protrudes below the hull.

Before this type of boat was developed, many people fished here from what we call "scooters". These were small home-built flat-bottomed skiffs with no gunwales. My boat (pic of culeroboat) is an example of a scooter (I built it in 1995, this pic is from December of 1996). The hull weighs 310 pounds and goes about 30mph with that 30hp Evinrude pushing it.

I love talking about fishing, don't get me started ;)

culero

rgr Culero.

Ive had Johnson, Evinrude, Yamaha and Mercury outboards, and the Johnson and Evinrude's were identical inside.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Define your name
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2004, 09:46:58 AM »
whoa! you have fish in Europe? :D

anything like large mouth bass over there?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2004, 09:54:40 AM »
you know we have no fishes here , so we have to import

http://www.jcpoiret.com/bapw/index.html?page=poissons/black_bass.htm

The biggest I've seen was a 15kg/33 pound brochet .
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 10:00:57 AM by straffo »

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2004, 09:59:23 AM »
Originally posted by Udie
whoa! you have fish in Europe? :D

anything like large mouth bass over there?

dunno udie.. the only fish I get is those that my prop kills.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2004, 10:03:30 AM »
I seem to be the only one with his real name :eek:  (I haven't found out what Nilsen means though :) )

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2004, 10:10:22 AM »
lol Frank.... Nilsen is my last name. It means son of Nils so in english it would be Nilson :D

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Define your name
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2004, 11:42:08 AM »
Originally posted by Lizking
I fish the area from Rockport down to the land-cut, mainly Baffin.  We need to hook up with Udie and fish.

Great idea! I go as far as the south end of the land cut from Port Manny, sometimes. I've always wanted to check Baffin out but never been up there yet. Maybe we can plan some fish-missions for later this season!

You busy Thursday morning? I'm gonna arrive Austin late Wednesday, and leave mid-day Friday, but will be tied up with business crap the whole time except Thursday morning. Drop me an e-mail here with a phone number if so and I'll call once I'm there, we can set up a breakfast meet or sumthin to hatch a plan.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Define your name
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2004, 11:48:25 AM »
Originally posted by Udie
LOL Culero :D  If storms can be that fun maybe I'll stay out there for one! But i'd end up like the bastard roofing family with really wide eyes :D

ditto to what Lizking just said!

Hehehe...don't let the way I described my glee with the other folks' misery fool you, when those big sparks start flying and there's big wind with ice balls in it I get pretty damned nervous myself.

OTOH, the hottest redfish action I have ever seen has been when there's storms in the vicinity. So there can be trade-offs ;)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2004, 03:27:11 PM »
add: P47N, ME410, P47N, Ju52, P47N, Emily, P47N, paddleblade for D11, P47N, JU1/288, P47N, Beaufighter, permanent squelch option, P47N

You happen to like the P-47N Nilsson? :D (got a good taste)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2004, 03:45:32 PM »
hehe yeah thx... my taste is excellent, and  i guess yours is too :D

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
Define your name
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2004, 03:59:52 PM »
My handle was given to me many years ago when I used to indulge in illegal substances. Only friends of mine that I've known since those days(stopped indulging in 81')call me by that name. Well, except my squaddies, that is.

:cool:

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2004, 07:58:58 AM »
illegal substances...Mafia right?

I bet your real name is Mario :D

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
Define your name
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2004, 10:57:19 AM »
Originally posted by frank3:

Mafia right?

Yep, but it would be the Irish mafia and my name would be Shawn.

"Erin go Bragh"

:aok

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
Define your name
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2004, 12:07:39 PM »
my call sign in game is Mosgoo.

When i first signed up and typed in the first letter of my first name "M" then my last name "Osgood" it turned out that the "D" was cut off and I didn't realize it until it was to late....

I always thought I would change it someday, and then when I left the game and came back... it tried another one... but missed being called Mos or Goo.  So Skuzzy gave it back to me  :D