Author Topic: Beta 30 - Screen Freezes  (Read 1627 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2005, 11:56:27 AM »
More than just saying "sound related," you could say it is probably hardware related.  Are you hearing "popping" noises in the sound when you get the little freezes?  You can try turning down the hardware acceleration, but look for IRQ conflicts (especially video or sound card sharing resources, possibly with network card or modem?).  Another thing I've found that causes such freezes is corrupt Direct X ddraw files.  Had that one myself.  One more I've found for folks whose computers run on the warm side is the "thermal throttling" setting in the BIOS.  It causes your CPU to "skip" cycles when it approaches overheating temps, and as Aces High is a very CPU intensive game that can cause freezes, lockups, CTDs, etc.  There can be more.  

Again though, one more time.  This isnt a bug, and these posts belong in a different forum.  It's not my place to remind anyone of this, I dont work for HTC.  I'm not trying to be an prettythang, but I just think you'll get much more response in Tech Support or by emailing Skuzzy directly.  People like Cliffra and I, or any of the many folks who frequent the boards with computer experience (many have alot more than I do thats for sure) can help with some of the general problems.  And we dont mind doing so at all.  But Skuzzy is the expert on Aces High problems, and at least if he is aware of your problems, if we cant help you he will.  Posting in the proper place will make it far more likely he sees your questions/problems.  

Thanks!