Author Topic: Why gays want to marry  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2004, 06:55:23 PM »
guys are funny...search some old marriage threads and its all about marriage being a business arrangement, marriage is only bout the taxes and the bennies, pre-nup pre-nup, stay single 4 evah etc...

then when its same-sex marriage suddenly the message changes to using words like Sacred, God and Jesus.

Lets be real, hetero, homo, its all bout the taxman and bennies...been this way a longtime and we got how many thousands of divorce lawyers to prove this point?  :D
Hornet

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2004, 06:57:03 PM »

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2004, 07:01:47 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

And they are totally useless without bolts .;)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2004, 07:02:48 PM »
Originally posted by strk
or blacks marrying whites

and I think you just made the argument FOR gay marriage.

Or for Men marrying animals or couples marrying other couples...were does it stop.  Stabby and MT say I'm nuts here but people would have said the same thing 20-30 years ago if i would have told them that two gays can get married in a court house.

I dont think its a discrimination issue i just think the bleeding heart librals are gonna open up the flood gates of hedonism here.

And they are totally useless without bolts .

AMEN LOL

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2004, 07:05:59 PM »
Of course you had to label people bleeding heart liberals because they don't want the government any more involved, and in fact far less involved, in people's daily lives and how they live them.

So, what does that make you? A commie conservative?
-SW

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2004, 07:12:49 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
Of course you had to label people bleeding heart liberals because they don't want the government any more involved, and in fact far less involved, in people's daily lives and how they live them.

So, what does that make you? A commie conservative?
-SW

Nope....a conservative who thinks that gay marrige is offensive and will open the flood gates to more radical things that make me want to throw up?

This isnt an equal rights issue it's just been twisted into one.....A gay man has the same marriage rights that I do.....the right to marry a woman....That sounds equal to me

but one thing remains the same non of you librals have answered my question at all.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2004, 07:16:28 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet
guys are funny...search some old marriage threads and its all about marriage being a business arrangement, marriage is only bout the taxes and the bennies, pre-nup pre-nup, stay single 4 evah etc...

then when its same-sex marriage suddenly the message changes to using words like Sacred, God and Jesus.

Lets be real, hetero, homo, its all bout the taxman and bennies...been this way a longtime and we got how many thousands of divorce lawyers to prove this point?  :D

very good point hornet...I may opose their marriage but I would not deny them any rights/benifits for cohabitation/partnership.

I myself was completly against marriage even after marrying....me and my wife were on the brink of divorce.....but fixed things and my attitude has changed.  Plus I also re-established my relationship w/ jesus and life has been good since.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2004, 07:18:57 PM »
First of all, I am no liberal. I don't get involved in that convulated crap of taking sides, when both sides are identical spare one or two issues. Fight that out amongst yourselves. From here, neither of these fictional sides are appealing.

What question? I never saw you pose a question other than, well if we do this - then the flood gates will open response. Which I showed you, could not happen, because an animal nor a car can give consent.
-SW

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2004, 07:20:12 PM »
Your logic is flawed Gunslinger and I will stop the sillyness to tell you why.

If item A was unacceptable 30 years ago, and is OK today then all things that are unacceptable today will be OK 30 years from now.

One thing doesn't follow from the other.

Mass murderers were unacceptable 30 years ago.. they are still unacceptable today. So everything that is considered unacceptable today will still be unacceptable in 30 years.

nuff said?

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2004, 07:21:20 PM »
I think Bush has confused people on what a real conservitive is.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2004, 07:26:12 PM »
After reading this thread I feel gay.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2004, 07:33:38 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
After reading this thread I feel gay.

You avatar does have anime in it. Even if it is a girl, it most likely is a dickgirl.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2004, 07:47:24 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Your logic is flawed Gunslinger and I will stop the sillyness to tell you why.

If item A was unacceptable 30 years ago, and is OK today then all things that are unacceptable today will be OK 30 years from now.

One thing doesn't follow from the other.

Mass murderers were unacceptable 30 years ago.. they are still unacceptable today. So everything that is considered unacceptable today will still be unacceptable in 30 years.

nuff said?

But what is the difference (physically aside) between a man marrying another man....and a many marrying an animal?

If that's what makes them happy????? If they have companionship?????  who says we cant redefine marraige as a union of a man and woman....to a union of a person and person....what stops somone from Re-redefining it again?

orriginally posted by mt
Great point Mighty1. Now Gay's have the same rights that heterosexual married couples have enjoyed for decades. Bout time.

so wouldnt it also be discrimination from those who are into other things that want "equal rights" as well?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 07:50:44 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2004, 07:49:53 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
But what is the difference (physically aside) between a man marrying another man....and a many marrying an animal?

If that's what makes them happy????? If they have companionship?????  who says we cant redefine marraige as a union of a man and woman....to a union of a person and person....what stops somone from Re-redefining it again?

You are missing the whole "consenting adults" thing.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
Why gays want to marry
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2004, 07:52:43 PM »
I think i just did answer your question. Sorry if you cannot grasp the idea that 2 consenting adults may be free to do as they wish.