Author Topic: Why fuel burn is back to 2 ?  (Read 7725 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Why fuel burn is back to 2 ?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2004, 12:30:41 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro
The larger fuel burn rate is not just there to give a purpose to managing your engine and fuel.  Range and endurance are crucial characteristics of these planes.  We want that to be a factor in the game but we don't want people to have to fly for an hour or more just to get into a fight.

If so what about forbiding loadout such as 50% + DT ?

When doing this they get all the range they need and at the 1st sight of a danger they have a lighter plane.

Being the stupid user wanting to RTB  I've to take 100% and reduce my cruise speed and so put myself in danger,
when some don't have to do so just because they use this kind of loadout...

I think it's both unfair and unrealistic.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2004, 12:54:50 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro
That's not as big of a factor now that fuel burn rate changes with altitude.  Once you get up to high altitude, you're burning a lot less fuel.

Flew the 109G-10 today, and I noticed that on the E6B the fuel consumption was 255 GPH at MIL and WEP regardless of altitude. 255 GPH at SL, 255 GPH at 26K. Perhaps the engine/fuel modelling of the G-10 isn't finished yet? Or did I misunderstand you?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2004, 12:57:37 PM »
I think he means that though actual gallons per hour won't change, you are getting better mileage due to higher cruising speed.  You are covering more ground for the same ammount of fuel being burned.  Thus, you are using less fuel for a given range.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2004, 12:59:26 PM »
There's still some planes that haven't been updated yet, the G-10 is one of them.  If you don't see the engine settings listed on the E6B, it hasn't been done yet.

Offline GODO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s/fw190.htm
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2004, 01:09:21 PM »
E6B and fuel burn rate will have little or no effect at all in all these with no interest into RTB. These will keep with the typical DT + 25% or 50%, and these are a lot. How about a minimum fuel load limit (max fuel available at base - 25%?), and no DT if less than 75% or 100% fuel is loaded. This way all would play the same game instead of having the heavies vs the "ufos".

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2004, 01:41:16 PM »
Thanks again Pyro. :)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2004, 02:29:39 PM »
hes putting his reasons into a discussion about what his reasons are...someone asked a question (input) he answered (output)

Hmmm ...

"hes putting his reasons into a discussion"  <-- this would be considered input by 99.999 % of the population. The keys here are "putting" and "into".

Pyro never stated "reasons" ... he actually stated facts <-- also considered input by 99.999 % of the population.

"someone asked a question" <-- questions are neither input or output ... they are simply questions.

"he answered" <-- Again, this would be considered input by 99.999 % of the population.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2004, 03:01:31 PM »
f so what about forbiding loadout such as 50% + DT ?

That's actually very good reasoning straffo.. It could solve the discrepancy issues.

Take away the DTs as a loadout option, and include them as a separate fuel option.. could work!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2004, 03:04:37 PM »
Great idea!

25% - 50% - 75% - 100% - 100% +DT

Or simply make the DTs unavailable unless 100% is selected.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2004, 03:07:21 PM »
Kweassa I don't think a single moment this idea will be implemented.

This idea is about 4 year old now.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2004, 03:29:12 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
hes putting his reasons into a discussion about what his reasons are...someone asked a question (input) he answered (output)

Hmmm ...

"hes putting his reasons into a discussion"  <-- this would be considered input by 99.999 % of the population. The keys here are "putting" and "into".

Pyro never stated "reasons" ... he actually stated facts <-- also considered input by 99.999 % of the population.

"someone asked a question" <-- questions are neither input or output ... they are simply questions.

"he answered" <-- Again, this would be considered input by 99.999 % of the population.

so if i walk up to a computer and ask it what 3+3 is and it returns the FACT that the answer is 6 then i have simply done nothing and it answered in the form of "input"???

as long as pyro is simply returning FACTS and no more he is a seperate entity from the discussion between us end users and there fore he is giving output

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2004, 04:06:24 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
so if i walk up to a computer and ask it what 3+3 is and it returns the FACT that the answer is 6 then i have simply done nothing and it answered in the form of "input"???

as long as pyro is simply returning FACTS and no more he is a seperate entity from the discussion between us end users and there fore he is giving output

in·put  

a) Contribution of information or a comment or viewpoint: a discussion with input from all members of the group.

b) Information in general.

out·put

1) The act or process of producing; production.

2) a) An amount produced or manufactured during a certain time.
2) b) Intellectual or creative production: literary output; artistic output.

3) a) The energy, power, or work produced by a system.
3) b) Computer Science. The information produced by a program or process from a specific input.

Nice try ... the mere fact that he "contributed" to this thread is input in and of itself. All posts are "input" to the intial root of the thread.

Using your High School logic, I guess we all are inputting "output" ... :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2004, 04:18:50 PM »
"The information produced by a program or process from a specific input. "

proving my point exactly...though it wasnt from a program it was specific information retturned to a person giving a specific input...

any answer to any question from anyone to anyone else is "output"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2004, 04:24:54 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
"The information produced by a program or process from a specific input. "

proving my point exactly...though it wasnt from a program it was specific information retturned to a person giving a specific input...

any answer to any question from anyone to anyone else is "output"

:rolleyes: ... I'm done
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2004, 04:27:22 PM »
Hahemm ... can you step out of this thraed please :)

Btw arguing about Input and Output in bidirectional system is a no go :) it's all relative.