Author Topic: 18,000 al Qaeda fighters  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
18,000 al Qaeda fighters
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2004, 10:23:04 AM »
I call heads.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
18,000 al Qaeda fighters
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2004, 10:25:40 AM »
Pongo's got one of them coins with heads on both sides, I think.

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
18,000 al Qaeda fighters
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2004, 11:06:53 AM »
Originally posted by medicboy
Even if that is the right thing to do it will never happen.  You will never win an election if you nuke another country, no matter how much it needs it.

Actually that's not entirly correct. Strategic nukes yur right cause we cant really justify their use due to the fact that we cant get enough baddies in the blast radius.
tactical nukes is a different story entirly
Here's a hypothetical scenario:
a cargo ship sailing to the US with a biologic or chemical  WMD onboard do you
A. destroy it with convetional ords.
B. destroy it with a tactical nuke <1 kiloton range>

answer would be B.
conventional ord. wouldn't destroy the biologic/chemical agent it would disperse it.
A nuke however would vaporize anything harmful.
and before u say C. send in a special forces team thats really dicey since the baddies have no quams about dying and could set it off in numerous ways before the good guys could disarm the wepon.
Now say some baddies light one off killing thousands of of americans and we know where more are that are gonna be used ....I betcha that the guy in charge could use one and would win a reelection.

It all depends on the circumstances at the time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 11:08:58 AM by WilldCrd »
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
18,000 al Qaeda fighters
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2004, 09:18:17 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
If your going to change what I said then do it like a man so I can correct you.
But as to the answer to your question. They where saudis funded by saudi state sponsered muslim schools using an orginzation created by the CIA to orginize and recruit muslim terrrorists to fight in Afganistan. Would you care to refrute any of that? Cause its exaclty who al quida was. Pre 9/11.  Thier primary reason for attacking the US was the US military presense in Saudi Arabia. Which has now ended by the way.

In answer to your second question. The invasion of Iraq had nothing to do with stabalizing the middle east so why put that constraint on an invasion of Saudi Arabia? The Saudi Arabians attacked your country. They killed thousands of your country men. And you let them get away with it Rude.
Your sitting here debating the existance of 15 muslim extremists in the Kurdish held mountains of northern Iraq when the whole religios wing of the Saudi goverment wants your whole country dead and  has been in the business of funding just that for decades.

I didn't change anything you said....you're drinking again aren't you?

Again....tell us what happens to the geopolitical landscape if we attacked Saudi Arabia....you really feel that would be a feasable alternative?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 09:32:27 PM by Rude »

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
18,000 al Qaeda fighters
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2004, 11:09:42 AM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
Actually that's not entirly correct. Strategic nukes yur right cause we cant really justify their use due to the fact that we cant get enough baddies in the blast radius.
tactical nukes is a different story entirly
Here's a hypothetical scenario:
a cargo ship sailing to the US with a biologic or chemical  WMD onboard do you
A. destroy it with convetional ords.
B. destroy it with a tactical nuke <1 kiloton range>

answer would be B.
conventional ord. wouldn't destroy the biologic/chemical agent it would disperse it.
A nuke however would vaporize anything harmful.
and before u say C. send in a special forces team thats really dicey since the baddies have no quams about dying and could set it off in numerous ways before the good guys could disarm the wepon.
Now say some baddies light one off killing thousands of of americans and we know where more are that are gonna be used ....I betcha that the guy in charge could use one and would win a reelection.

It all depends on the circumstances at the time.

Ok I see your point but my response was to the idea of nuking the middle east in general.  That will never happen even if we are attacked by WMD , too many civi's in the area.  The ship thing, I bet we would do "c", even though it is risky, if we sink the ship or vaporise it we have no proof of WMD existing and we get slammed for nuking a cargo merchant ship, if we take the ship intact or they release the WMD we have proof, and if it is far enough out at see for us to nuke it, than a WMD release killing a few SOG guys is worth the political risk.  Sad but true.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
18,000 al Qaeda fighters
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2004, 03:26:52 PM »
Yoo hoo!!! Pongo!!!

Do I get an answer?