Author Topic: New Detonator 6.35 drivers... first increase in performance since 6.18!  (Read 1115 times)

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
The new 6.35 drivers are oyut for you Geforce owners.  On my Geforce 2 card I noticed a 9% increase performance in AH.  I went from 56 fps to 60 fps for my default test.  This is the first increase in performance for me since the 6.18 drivers came out, and I've tried them all since then.

fscott

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
New Detonator 6.35 drivers... first increase in performance since 6.18!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2000, 01:45:00 PM »
Oops, almost forgot.
 http://zoiah.m3dzone.com/HTML/reference/detonator/6.html

Oh yeah, for those who despise the posting of this message on this forum, I did it because I know more people read this forum and many Geforce owners wouldn't read it unless posted on this board.

fscott

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2000, 01:57:00 PM »
Tried them on my Geforce 256. Frame rate dropped down to 25-30. Uninstalled them and went back to manufacturers drivers based on Nvidia 5.30 reference drivers, frame rate went up to 55-60.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline Thog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2000, 11:40:00 PM »
Be carefull with chip-specific but manufacturer-generic drivers.  Sometimes they work great, sometimes they make things slower, and often they give a slight increase in performance balanced by a major hit on stability.

The Detonator drivers have been notorious amoungst the testers I know for creating incompatibility problems with some games.  

The biggest problem is that once you install a driver on Win9x, 'uninstalling' it and reinstalling a older driver doesn't always work the way it should.  Usually things function, but the driver settings can get confused and you can wind up with a very unstable system.

I strongly recommend getting GHOST or PQDI and creating a backup image of your HD before you muck with non-manufacturers drivers.

Thog

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2000, 01:02:00 PM »

I strongly recommend getting GHOST or PQDI and creating a backup image of your HD before you muck with non-manufacturers drivers.

banana agree with Thog. Thog very smart.