Author Topic: blah  (Read 447 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
blah
« on: May 28, 2004, 09:58:09 PM »
No film. Just noticed that. (No way to see what happened)

No channel 1 (no way to salute an enemy or ask how things looked to them).

Elevator trim on 38 is set to maximum on takeoff, has to be reset every takeoff. Annoying as crap.

Brakes on 38 still will not hold the plane at 54" as pilot manual says it should.

As of last week, terrible low speed handling in my plane of choice, the P-38, and rapid speed bleed off during any maneuvers. Started when transfer of settings from AH I was enabled. Thay may be the problem. Could be my AH I stick settings. The P-38 has sucked for me ever since that beta release, whereas before it flew well. May just delete AH II and reload.

Pilot wound with no visible damage to plane in the P-38. Was thinking I'd see damage, blood etc, if I was hit. Nothing but the blackout.

No longer nearly as enthusiastic about AH II as I was.

Not at all threatening to quit when AH II comes out or anything, just no longer pleased with it as I was.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 10:04:44 PM by Captain Virgil Hilts »
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
blah
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 10:12:41 PM »

Not at all threatening to quit when AH II comes out or anything, just no longer pleased with it as I was.

I couldn't have said it better.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
blah
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 10:20:24 PM »
NO CHANNEL 1.............NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chanel one is entertaing it sprites up AH. When i am bored i just talk on channel sure to get a reply, and if theres no channel 1 that means i wont be able to talk to USAGIRL no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn you AH2 damn you!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
blah
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 10:57:05 PM »
WTG HTC.

I really hate to hear some people complain and insult players in that channel.
That's one of reasons why I left Aces High.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
blah
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 11:08:11 PM »
Pilot wound with no visible damage to plane in the P-38. Was thinking I'd see damage, blood etc, if I was hit. Nothing but the blackout.

B-E-T-A

• Platinum Member
blah
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 12:13:49 AM »
Originally posted by BenDover
B-E-T-A

NO KIDDING?????????????????????????????:rolleyes:
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
blah
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 12:48:08 AM »
They're redoing all the trim settings.  I believe this release covered all aircraft A-F.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
blah
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 01:22:44 AM »
Originally posted by Mitsu
WTG HTC.

I really hate to hear some people complain and insult players in that channel.
That's one of reasons why I left Aces High.

Come on Mitzu, with ".squelch 1" there's no way that could be a problem.

I think if we could click a pilots name in the roster and it would send him a I'd be happy. :)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
blah
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 02:04:55 AM »
dont think HTC has enabled dmage modle on pee 38s yet...

btw Mitsu..tht is very sad..now we cant remind you how kikasss ur sounds are...

And dont lie to us..You dotn leave AH because or text..lolo I know ur not tht soft..and I know your not tht mean enuff to get "insults" spewed at you..

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
blah
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 07:22:19 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
NO KIDDING?????????????????????????????:rolleyes:

Then stop complaining about something that has yet to be impemented into a WORK IN PROGRESS.

DOLT

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
blah
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2004, 07:28:58 AM »
Originally posted by DipStick
I think if we could click a pilots name in the roster and it would send him a I'd be happy. :)

You can.

Right click and select "tune to".

• Platinum Member
blah
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 09:35:55 AM »
Originally posted by BenDover
Then stop complaining about something that has yet to be impemented into a WORK IN PROGRESS.

DOLT

Congratulations on your self appointment the vice president in charge of complaint validity. Now go stick your new position and your opinion where the sun doesn't shine. And while you are at it, STFU.

MORON

SaVaGe

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: blah
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 11:09:41 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
No film. Just noticed that. (No way to see what happened)

Elevator trim on 38 is set to maximum on takeoff, has to be reset every takeoff. Annoying as crap.

Brakes on 38 still will not hold the plane at 54" as pilot manual says it should.

As of last week, terrible low speed handling in my plane of choice, the P-38, and rapid speed bleed off during any maneuvers. Started when transfer of settings from AH I was enabled. Thay may be the problem. Could be my AH I stick settings. The P-38 has sucked for me ever since that beta release, whereas before it flew well. May just delete AH II and reload.

Thanks for your input on the P-38. I thought it was only me, seeing that no one else has posted on it.

I find that the P-38 wants to stall and/or depart from flight very quickly. I doesn't take much to get the stall horn to buzz and speed was well over 300mph and I was not pulling hard.

Slow speed stall handling is gone. Flip Flop your dead and it doesn't take much to flip flop. And forget about using flaps while at low speeds.

Can't say what Beta version this went south on, but I remember that when the P-38 was first let loose in AH II it handled like a dream after they fixed the roll-rate bug.

I really hope that the problem is that they haven't gotten to what Karnac has pointed out, cause at this point the P-38 is hobbled IMHO.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
blah
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »
BenDover,

You are usually very nice in your postings, but your input here smacks of the reasons as to why CH 1 has been disabled.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
blah
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 12:09:27 PM »
Me nice? :rofl
I'm only nice to people when they don't say something stupid, and if they say something that is IMO dumb then I think they deserve it.

And yes, *****ing about a part of something missing from a WIP feature in a WIP game is STUPID!

And the dolt bit was a play on Hitech's comments on all the whines the AH2 beta got when it was originaly released many moons ago.