Author Topic: I'll right, this BUGS ME  (Read 1210 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« on: May 29, 2004, 08:31:23 PM »
Have you ever noticed when you go out to dinner. A place where soup and salad are served before the main course..

That they bring your salad in this wittle nine inch plate piled high with stuff and a big glob of dressing on top ??

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO TOSS IT UP ??

You can't, your reduced to pushing it around while the edges drop off on the table. If mixed well, you have more on the table then on the wittle plate.

Is there a law somewhere that prohibits resturants supplying a plate of sufficient diameter ??

Why not a bowl ??

"Would you like something with that ??"

"Yes give me a coddam big bowl so I can play with it without decorating the whole fuggin table with garbonzo beans for cripes sakes.."

AND WHAT'S WITH THE BEETS ??  I have known ONE person in my entire life that likes them. But there one is, every place I have been, right in the middle of the gob of dressing..

Is there a lobby for beets someplace ?? "I'm sorry Mr. Poop if you open a resturant you are required by law to put a slice of beet on ANY salad you serve. I'm sorry but it's a rule.."

Is there a fine if they don't  ?? Is it a Senate passed pork bill for the state with the most beets ???

"Hold the beet's" is the first thing out of my mouth after thousand island.. All though over the years it comes out more like "thousandislandholdthebeets"

Tomorrow will talk about the tiny bowls the soup comes in..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 08:41:53 PM »
I have had radishes in my salad but not beets. I likem both but beets in a salad doesnt sound right.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 08:52:26 PM »
Why not ask for the dressing on the side?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 08:58:19 PM »
LOL, I get where you're coming from nopoop. When I go out to eat sometimes, I get all jacked out of shape when they bring the different courses in like 1 plate and rest in 3 or 4 different tiny bowls, and  a saucer plate with the bread on it. Why in the world can't they just put everything on the one plate except maybe the bread.

And when I do ask them to put everything on the same plate they get all huffy, puffy and whine about it. LOL!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 09:08:39 PM »
Radishes are cool. Gives good color against a clear plate. Most resturants have clear ones, displays well..

Don't be pushin my buttons DL. Are you suggesting having my dressing as a DIP on the side ???

You get a fork full of salad and sorta dip it ??

So in a sense I'm dipping for the lack of a decent sized plate ??

"Yes could I have a small bowl of dressing on the side. Being that the plate you supplied is of insufficient diameter to mix the ingrediants ??"

WHAAAAAASUPWITTHAT ??
nopoop

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 09:20:42 PM »
Wow , your restaurant has plates? Aren't we 'mister high fallootin fancy pants'. at least nothin was movin.  :eek:
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

VWE

I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 09:25:41 PM »
Why not just stay home and make your own dang rabbit food the way you like it... u ol' sandle wearing dirt munchin tree huggin bunny kisser! You'ld rather go out and pay for the abuse than stay here and get it for free?!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 09:41:56 PM »
..VWE called me bad names

I have quite a file on you mister. Are you not also known as the "Garbonzo King" ???

Hmmmm ??

Funny how everything ties together when one has all the information..
nopoop

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 09:52:40 PM »
LMAO! :rofl

Don't know how many times I've sat there eating my saucer of salad thinking the same thing... hehehe.

BTW poop did you read my last post on the SS thread? If not.. do. :)

PS... The sad thing is when I get a saucer of salad I get 5 packs of crackers but when I actually get a huge bowl of salad they bring 1-2 packs.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 11:00:17 PM »
I think they should just get rid of the salad altogether.

Salad ain't food. Salad is what food eats.

:D

RTR
The Damned

Offline IK0N

• Copper Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2004, 11:18:56 PM »
They let you in a restaurant nopoop? Who'd you borry shoe's from? :)

IKON

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 11:45:10 PM »
LOL Poopster!

Summed up most of my resturant frustrations.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2004, 06:04:15 AM »
Originally posted by nopoop
HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO TOSS IT UP ??
I'll whisper in your ear next time I see you. Oh wait, you said UP not OFF. Never mind...

Which restaurant are you talking about, Poopie? In America, I like the places where there's a long salad bar, and you compose your own salad the way you want it. Perspex screen to stop people coughing germs onto the salad, and I've even seen the busboy with a spray bottle wiping it off. OTOH, if you're talking about chains like Red Lobster, I feel your pain.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2004, 06:15:02 AM »
mmmmm pickled beets, yummy!  And I can live with small plates, but would like to fling ketchup bottles at the heads of inept wait staff who hear "ranch" when I say "french."
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2004, 10:43:55 AM »
Beets in a salad??

Where are you dining, Kosovo?
:)
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR