Author Topic: I'll right, this BUGS ME  (Read 1212 times)

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2004, 04:40:14 AM »
I have this problem with restaurants:

I usually go quite hungry, and thirsty, to restaurants.
I order my food, I order my drink -blip- the drink is on the table.

Then there's the wait for the food.

Ah, finally the food is here! But, wait! I have no drink left!

Are we expected to look at our drink while waiting in an eternity for the food? And I'm a cheap mofo too, I'm not falling for that "want another drink, sir?" trap either.

They're after my money!

But, being one of the sharpest knives in the drawer, I have thought out a plan to combat the problem:

"Could you please bring my drink when the meal is ready?"

The look I got from the waiter made me feel like a six year old at a university lecture.

I find that waiters are quite protective and anal about their preferred way of doing things. Such rigidity!

---

And yes, poop is my hero.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2004, 08:01:16 AM »
OK guys, here's a tip from a chef-restaurant owner (me) :

Choose a restaurant you really like and become a "regular" When the server greets you, take a few minutes to explain your likes and dislikes...it helps the server do his/her job better. If something isn't to your liking, speak up. The server's job is to make you happy. When you're done, get the servers name and leave a 20% tip. The next time you return, call ahead for reservations and request the server you last had wait on you. You'll soon be treated like a king and the server will know you like the back of his hand.

DmdMax

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2004, 09:45:36 AM »
Good advise Dmax. I don't go out to dinner all that much, I hit my favorite food hole with my lady about once a month. The owner has been cooking prime rib for 40 years in my town at one resturant or another over time and finally purchased his own about 8 years ago. Needless to say it's a good meal. His creamed spinich is...well unbelievable. Really.

When I go out to dinner, I go out to have a good time, besides filling my belly.  The people that serve me are the people I have a good time with. From the bartender, the bus boy to the server. Those are the people I interact with, they are the people I have a good time with.

It amazes me the amount of people that treat those that try to make their stay enjoyable as if they were a servant or in some cases a slave. A way to "get back at the world" for the miserable week they had.

I'm a child of the sixties and my warped sense of humor comes from that era. The only time I go back now to my "roots" is just before I go out to dinner :D

..I have a good time, everyone is glad to see us. We get the best table regardless of how many are waiting. I know all the servers on a first name basis, they're guarenteed a laugh or two when the "poops" show up. For most of them serving is their second job of the day..

I have two cheep draft beers waiting at the table when we're seated ( jodgi take note ) and another served with dinner. I don't ask, they know.

When we leave those that served us aren't saying "Jeez I'm glad they're gone". They had a good time. As it should be. My tip is around 35%. Which just might help ;)
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2004, 10:02:56 AM »
Originally posted by nopoop

It amazes me the amount of people that treat those that try to make their stay enjoyable as if they were a servant or in some cases a slave. A way to "get back at the world" for the miserable week they had.

and it happens a lot nopoop. Couples who come in and have a fight, or folks who've had to much to drink...or some folks who are just plain & simple *******s. Servers work hard for their' income...90% of it comes from tips as restaurants only pay them half the minimum wage as a base wage.

DmdMax

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2004, 01:43:23 PM »
Hey DMax, did them guys that eat at all the restaurants in VT, ( from VPT) ever go to your place?
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2004, 01:56:52 PM »
Hmmmm...

I guess I'll just try to be funnier next time.

Don't believe everything you read.

:/

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2004, 05:59:39 AM »
I love beets. Its one of the few vegitables I do like along with broccoli, lettuce,colifower. freash carrots. and a few "Protect the children from Chan 1" whiners .But thats another tread LOL

But I dont ever recall having beets served with my salad.

I suspect it may be a conspiracy nopoop
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2004, 06:56:33 AM »
Nopoop you should write a book called a salad tossers guide to dining out...
-IKON runs and ducks for cover-

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2004, 07:20:45 AM »
Dmax - does your restaurant have a website, or do you have pics? Always interested to see how folks live...

I was in VT during a 10 day tour of New England. VT was my favourite of the 6 N.E. states. Well NH was nice too. It's a lot like the area around the Austria/Italy border - Dolomite region.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2004, 08:54:52 AM »
here ya go beetle...

http://www.princeandpauper.com

Please, no live ammo allowed insid:)

DmdMax

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2004, 09:23:02 AM »
You're killin' me Max. I was fine till I read your menu, now I've GOT to go eat something. :p

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2004, 10:53:02 AM »
Originally posted by DMax
here ya go beetle...

http://www.princeandpauper.com

Please, no live ammo allowed insid:)

DmdMax
Nice looking place! Nice menu too.

I looked up Woodstock in my R.M. road atlas and saw that I passed that way on that trip I mentioned. We stayed at Rutland.

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2004, 02:40:10 PM »
and who the heck puts pickles on burgers, although we call them gerkins

wipass

Offline tkor

• Copper Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2004, 03:33:13 PM »
Jeez, poop, 35%?
I'll come wait on ya for that kind of tip!:D

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
I'll right, this BUGS ME
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2004, 07:41:11 AM »
All I saw was "Nopoop" and "Tossing Salad" and refused to read the rest of the post.

:eek: