Author Topic: CH problems  (Read 711 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
CH problems
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 05:39:19 PM »
as for USB working properly or not in winME, check this help link Lizard.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;255954

it says you may try switching your USB devices aroun, (not meaning the CH stuff) but like a mouse, printer, camera, keyboard etc....hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline AKWarp

• Copper Member
      • http://10mbfree.com/edlance/
CH problems
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 04:05:21 PM »
The CH Control manager software explicitly states that your CH gear should already be plugged in before loading it.  Trust me, I have tried this thing a million times in several ways and my previously posted method is the only way I have ever gotten it to work properly and for the settings to stay upon reboot.

Give my method a try and see what kind of results you get.  I was having the same problems with the device recognition after reboots, etc until I did the above load method.

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
CH problems
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 02:57:40 AM »
Reading this, I wondered if there was a CH thread in AH BBS? I have a CH Pro Throttle and Rudders with a Thrustmaster TopGun Afterburner.  I just programme in AH but am interested in getting the mouse stick to work.

The throttle is an awesome and lovely thing:cool:

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
CH problems
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 12:00:24 AM »
Well...

I re-installed DX9.0b, removed the current hardware, unplugged all CH usb devices. Rebooted. Shutdown. Plugged all usb's back in. Rebooted. Set up and calibrated joy,rud & throttle in control manager. Checked in DXdiag to see if all were present and accounted for. They were. Checked AH1 offline and all were there and worked. Rebooted. Checked again. All there. Upped a plane offline and shot down 3 or 4 drones. rebooted. checked, all there. Logged on, went into AH1. Spent some time setting up devices and stick mapping. I've got it down to reflex now, so it goes quickly. Set in turret of CA for a minute. Upped a P40 in a mission OL, flew for less than 2 minutes and lost stick control. checked in setup, devices all there. Tried to recal, nothing. Rudder and throttle still working. Cuss on squad channel. Loose keyboard. try alt tab to check DX9. Keyboard not working. ALt/F4, AH closes. Check DX9(dxdiag) devices still there. Check CHcontrolmanager, devices still there. Try to recal stick, no go...nothing. reboot repeat....nothing. Rudder and throttle AOK, stick still shown, no activity no recal.

Determine: Stick is finally DOA after close to 4 years dedicated service.

Conclusion: Time to search for a new stick. Dammit!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
CH problems
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 02:02:35 AM »

Offline AKWarp

• Copper Member
      • http://10mbfree.com/edlance/
CH problems
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2004, 06:04:11 PM »
Welllll.....a small item in your explanation there...you didn't de-install the CH control manager thing and you didn't let windows do the USB detection THEN load the CH control thing.  I know it sounds trivial, but really, for me it made all the difference.  If I just load the CH control manager, then plug stuff in, or have it all plugged in and load the CHCM right away, I get very much the same problems you have...everything works for a while, then I lose it, even though everything shows as being there.   Sometimes it will work for an hour, sometimes it only works for a few minutes, sometimes not at all.  Seriously, just for the sake of it, try my method EXACTLY the way I posted it...in that order.  You have nothing to lose :-)