Author Topic: Beta 42.. B26 flying with 1 wing  (Read 299 times)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Beta 42.. B26 flying with 1 wing
« on: June 12, 2004, 02:51:42 PM »
me and prop both attked a formation of B26s...

Killed lead b26..as he was gooing down in flames ..i quickly worked on the last 2...this whole scenario is going on while the PIC was still in the lead bomer..diving down in flames..I poped the rigth side bomr first..then went to the last bomr on left side..i chucked about 20+ 20 mils into his right wing,,,,it snapps off..i peel away...

He then finally bailed out of his lead bomer...which is in a spiral death dive..

he apeears into the last remaing b26..the one with half a wing..i say screw thsi hes doen..im going for my next kill...

He keeps flying on..and eventally tries to  land back at his base..20 miles away..

He acknowleged that he did see his wing msiiong but saud hes flying just fine..he did say he had soem gun turret damage and  gear damage..

his name was leayme...

it was me and PropMaw tht saw him

have a good day

BiGB
xoxo

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »
Same thing happened in a set of B17's that I was flying last night. Lead buff was visualy  missing 1/2 the right wing but no damage on the damage display and it flew like the wing was there no problems. FBRaptor

Offline Leayme

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 08:08:21 PM »
Exactly how it happened and add to it I was smoking from both engines, with damage only registering on one.

I had a fuel leak in the right main, waist gun out and  the upper ball turret, gear was out and the wing was missing from where the flaps started, I had full control of the plane and was able to execute some hard turns that should have sent me spiralling down.

If I had not had damage to the gear I could have landed and did indeed travel back to a base 20 miles plus away.