Author Topic: G10  (Read 400 times)

Offline crazydav

• Zinc Member
G10
« on: June 13, 2004, 12:34:04 PM »
Max alt in a G10 is only 27,300.  Seems a bit low doesnt it?

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
G10
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 12:58:01 PM »
I don't have that problem.  You sure you're gettng full throttle and are in a clean condition?

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
G10
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »
remember to return your rpms to full

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
G10
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 03:13:55 AM »
Uhm....it seems like to be a sort of  Shuttle maneuverability at that altitude for a 109-G10 (something like to fly in the stratosphere).

Who have ever fougth or cruised at that altitude ?

Oh yeah I remember only a man (Chuck Yeager). :p :) :aok

Offline fluffy

• Zinc Member
G10
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 10:38:19 AM »
Clouds - Bud Anderson gives a detailed description of a dogfight he had with a 109 at 30 to 35k feet. He was flying a P51. This altitude isn't seen very much in AH because the distances are so short and it takes too long to climb that high.
I did attempt an interception of what turned out ot be a p38 at around 30k. I was in a p51B. He must have been typing because I was able to get some shots off, but my closure was too high and I blew past, tried to turn, but had almost no control and went into a spin. I noticed that he also lost control when he reacted to the hit sounds - quite a comedy - both antagonists spinning out. :rofl By the time I recovered he was out of sight (later I got a kill message). I was really surprised at the lack of control at that height. it seems more severe than I expected from the descriptions in Anderson's book. But probably I'm just not used to the handling at that height.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
G10
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 10:51:40 AM »
Originally posted by fluffy
I was really surprised at the lack of control at that height. it seems more severe than I expected from the descriptions in Anderson's book. But probably I'm just not used to the handling at that height.

The higher you are the thinner the air,

In the arena it takes longer distances to complete manuevers and still manage your Energy.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline clouds

• Copper Member
G10
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 11:14:07 AM »
Yeah I believe it fluffy.

At that altitude the faster you run the larger is the turn radius but way larger than normal, and every loss of speed transform the maneuver in an uncontrolled spin, I've just tried this experience but not so high, at 20K La7 vs P47D. We ended our fight at 2 inches from the ground however ;-))

Offline crazydav

• Zinc Member
G10
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 06:12:55 PM »
lol clouds I was chasing b-17s.