Author Topic: HTC: Labels issues  (Read 562 times)

Offline Central

• Nickel Member
HTC: Labels issues
« on: January 31, 2000, 05:25:00 PM »
Was checking out the jet forum on combat sim per SimHQ. As reading the posts, the issue of labels came up between an actual Marine Harrier pilot and Virtual pilot.

VP Question:

#4 -- You almost imply that there should be labels, or that you currently use labels. I should hope not, since that would defeat the realism even more than external views.

HP Response:

Do I use labels? I think NOT, kind sir!  I was merely suggesting a workaround for the fact that the monitor's resolution isn't nearly that of the human eye. Notice I suggested that labels should pop up at a certain range then go away. For example, in a head on merge, at about five miles you are able to gain a padlock. At about 4 miles some indicator(a label or symbol or something) pops up to classify it as a fighter or whatever, then at about 2 miles a label pops up that says Mig29, then at about a mile the label goes away and stays away.Its frustrating to not be able to VID (vidually identify) enemy fighters at realistic ranges.

And although they are implying to jets, maybe it could be scaled down to Prop Planes. As far as when and where labels would pop up. Really, how great it is to get actual output from these guys who seem so private and secluded? HTC: Take the bait and run!  

Central
Dickweed FG
 http://bombergroup.com

[This message has been edited by Central (edited 01-31-2000).]