Author Topic: Random CTD  (Read 1628 times)

Offline yb11

• Copper Member
Random CTD
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 05:47:19 PM »
and sometimes 10 or 15 sec whin i log on  sittin in tower whating for eveything to load up and boom  c d t

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
Random CTD
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 10:10:45 PM »
I had 3 or 4 in an hour and a half tonight.   I was in B26s with drones at all times.

Offline LTARcsp

• Zinc Member
CDT
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2004, 02:22:27 AM »
I've had 6 CDT's on this computer and 4 on 1 that Moil setup for me :(   Its not my systems...   I know Hitech is working hard to fix this :aok

P.S.    How about some new GV's    :D

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Random CTD
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2004, 04:09:44 AM »
I've never ever had a CTD problem,AH1,or in the beta.

Tonight however,my first full night in AHII,I had 1 CTD,and 1 lost UDP-switching to TCP(with a CTD right after).

Probably the first real test with lotsa people on,I'm sure it will get ironed out.

I was in a Spit V for the CTD,and a 51D for the UDP-then CTD.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Random CTD
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2004, 08:44:38 AM »
Originally posted by Sox62

Probably the first real test with lotsa people on,I'm sure it will get ironed out.

I can't help but agree with this guess. I never had a single CTD with any of the beta builds. I've had two since 2.00 came out. But the only difference that really could affect it is the number of "things" in the arena.

Too bad we could not convince 400 people to try the beta when it was beta, we could have been further along in the debug process if they had helped test the arena reather than score-whoring in AH1.

Offline sawman

• Zinc Member
Random CTD
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 06:22:17 PM »
Originally posted by MOIL
Yes, I got two of them myself:mad:

Now before you all start in on what I should check in "MY" system,  just stop right there!   It's NOT my computer
I have a $3000 gaming rig, that is all this thing is used for, I play games & sims on it. Funny how I can play IL2, Farcry, Q3, Call of Duty, BF1942, GPL, GTR racing {beautiful btw} Max Payne2 {one of my fav's} OFP {the latest} Raven Shield, PlanetSide, H&D2 and a couple more I'm sure, for hours & hours and the only prob I have is a sore wrist or tired back.
I have been an avid gamer for many years, heck I am the founder of TNGG {Tenino Network Gaming Group} we have played, beta tested and even helped develop many different games and sims.
I play these games all the time, belong to many different gaming communities, even have two friends that are working on 1/2Life2 with Valve.
So, yes I tend to get real irratated when there is a problem in a game and the first thing I keep hearing is, you need to adjust this and that, update that driver, check your system.......blah  blah blah.
Well it isn't MY system, now don't get me wrong I'm not taking the time out of my busy day to bash HTC or point fingers. They have done a tremendous job with AHII, but from a true sim player the game needs some work, im sure there are some prob's with peoples outdated hardware & software but lets face it, alot of these guys have some nice toys and are being told "you need to check this & that" :rolleyes:
When I need to start making all these "adjustments" on my end just to play a game, one needs to ask themselves, is the game not setup right? or maybe the hassle isn't worth the return?
My 2&1/2 cents.

For those who don't know my specs are:
P4 3.2GHZ @ 800fsb w/Thermalright SP-94 cooling {Latest drivers, no OC}
Abit IC7-Max3 i875p w/latest drivers & bios
1.0GB Corsair XMS DDR3200pro matched set
256MB Radeon 9800Pro XT  {no OC} currently using Omega 24.96b driver set {have used them all, even stock drivers}
2- WD 74GB 10,000rpm Raptor drives {no raid}
Audigy2 Platinum {latest drivers}
Pioneer A07-XLB DVD+RW  {latest firmare}
Antec 480wt true power
Sony 21" GDM-520 monitor
No floppy
WinXp Pro

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow,when do u have time to  work and sleep,hehe
     I think i'll wait to rejoin the game when HT works out some of these bugs.      cya in the air soon i hope------ BEWARE-- ,lol

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Random CTD
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 11:01:13 PM »
I've only gotten the CTD's since Friday, does not appear to have any rhyme or reason, no similar circumstances, just CTD's. Same for several of my squad. Also one total freeze that required ALT+F4 last night. I've been booted twice as well, Saturday night, with difficulty getting back on. Never issues with anything but a rare boot every once in a while with AH I or the beta for AH II.

Both boots and CTD's were terrible for my squad Saturday, with some either CTD'ing and not ever getting back, and some getting booted several times and not getting back. At least two or three complained of steady CTD's since Friday. Some are simply refusing to fly out of sheer unbearable frustration.

The CO lost several perk rides Saturday night and was very unhappy. I guess he should have stopped flying perk rides.

But then again maybe HTC should score boots and CTD's as landed TEMPORARILY so as not to keep pissing so many off. I do not fly perk rides myself, but I can see where losing perks through no fault of your own but because of problems at HTC would make the game unplayable for some. To tell some who like perk planes to stop flying what they like until such time as HTC solves the problem really isn't fair.

Mind you, I'm not ragging on HTC, far from it. I'm just offering a suggestion to ease some of the pain.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Random CTD
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 03:50:56 AM »
HTC recognised the problem, and fixed it in Patch 1.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Random CTD
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 06:27:16 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
HTC recognised the problem, and fixed it in Patch 1.

No, they didn't. I'm already at patch 2, and had at least two CTD's last night.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline sickbird

• Zinc Member
Random CTD
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2004, 09:01:07 AM »
Watch your Memory Card Usage (^I) and see if it goes up.  Once mine hits 90MB I know I'm going to CTD.

It's possible that this memory leak may only affect with ATI graphics cards.  I'm sure there are other causes of CTDs.

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Video card Memory Leak
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 10:31:27 AM »
What he said. (Sickbird)
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Random CTD
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2004, 04:35:39 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
No warning, nothing constant, just when ever it feels like it... CTD
Your complaint is being dealt with: HTC is applying a fix so that a popup window appears to inform you of an imminent CTD. :D

Sorry to hear you're still getting them. I had two, but none at all yesterday.