Author Topic: Bugs bugs bugs  (Read 1186 times)

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
Bugs bugs bugs
« on: June 18, 2004, 09:59:37 AM »
The entire clipboard is one gigantic bug. Snaps open to wrong side. Should open to the right if this whole needing to open feature is even worth it. Takes up entirely too much space. Hitech it might be usable if I was playing at 1600 x 1200 resolution but otherwise it sucks.

Setting convergence for B17s is difficult because plane obscures the crosshairs.

After putting the bloody clipboard on right side of screen noticed that the Voice window doesn't save position.

Did we really need to lose the Radar range rings?

Entirely new airfield layouts but no longer have clipboard feature to display maps of fields.

NOE planes have icons submerged in water so not readable.

I want a feature to turn off the custom skin downloads. No sense in wasting bandwidth to see someones idea of pretty P51.

We waited years for this new version and what did we get?

1) Clipboard that sucks beyond belief
2) Damagable ships
3) Fractal shorelines
4) Totally messed up hanger stuff
5) Change in enemy icon ranges
6) Pretty contrails for bullets
7) New airfield layouts
8) Removal of bouncy tiger bug and insertion of bouncy Osti bug
9) Plenty of ground cover with submerging GVs

What a complete waste of time most notably after causing 20% of players to stop playing until they upgrade computers. What were all of you at HighTech doing all this time redecorating office?

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 10:06:27 AM »
Man cool off...Holy cow!..Report bugs and they will be fixed..It's that simple.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »
Yeeeow, Jazz, that's a bit too harsh on the pessimism there! And I don't think any of it can be called a bug, but rather a matter of 'taste' - as some of what you dislike, I really like...

Such as..

The entire clipboard is one gigantic bug. Snaps open to wrong side. Should open to the right if this whole needing to open feature is even worth it.

I don't feel any kind of problem with it..

Takes up entirely too much space.

I don't feel that way..

Setting convergence for B17s is difficult because plane obscures the crosshairs.

This could actually be something that might need addressing, but it's hardly a 'bug'...

After putting the bloody clipboard on right side of screen noticed that the Voice window doesn't save position

Strange..! Mine does. I move it to where I want, and the next time, they'll be there..

We still have them. Activated by right-clicking the map.

Entirely new airfield layouts but no longer have clipboard feature to display maps of fields.

We still have them. Activated by right-clicking the map.

I like it that way. Makes it harder to observe really low planes, as it should be.

I want a feature to turn off the custom skin downloads. No sense in wasting bandwidth to see someones idea of pretty P51.

I don't feel any effects of skin downloads - a single skin has usually two BMP files, which is not such a big file, and downloads over a looooong time.

So it's basically..

1) Clipboard that sucks beyond belief - matter of taste
2) Damagable ships - good thing
3) Fractal shorelines - possible aesthetic change in the future
4) Totally messed up hanger stuff - I disagree
5) Change in enemy icon ranges - matter of taste
6) Pretty contrails for bullets - good thing
7) New airfield layouts - good thing
8) Removal of bouncy tiger bug and insertion of bouncy Osti bug - good thing
9) Plenty of ground cover with submerging GVs - good thing, except the 'submerged part'

It's not a waste of time. It's seven people, with only 2~3 doing the real code writing, to make all of those changes. It might not be a IL-2 level groundbreaking upgrade as some might have expected.. but you should give it more time. It's a bit unfair to be infuriated in so many things which may yet to prove ultimately beneficial. After all, it's only its first week.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 10:12:20 AM »
Im going to go against my nature here and be..nice
bring up the clipboard RIGHT click on it you will have a drop down list of various features and at the BOTTOM you will notice "clipboard maps"
Also radar ranges are on this drop down list.

Size of clipboard- you may notice on the upper right hand side a + and - sighn this allows you to adjust the size of said clipboard

as for your convergence woe's for the b17 in the hanger.....HT has been told for now we are just going to have to do the best we can.

Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 10:26:35 AM »
Not sure I would call the clipboard a bug either, however it is very annoying when you set the clipboard to the top left, open it up to the left and the whole clipboard moves right. Then it has to be repositioned back to where you want it, every time.

I also tried to move clipboard to right side so popout would not cause the clipboard to move. The voice window has to be moved. After you goto the tower it resets to the top right over your clipboard and has to be repositioned. Again very annoying. Just make the thing pop out either right or left. let it do it auto or let us select.

I am thinking Jazz is just a bit frustrated and voicing it very strong. Although that last sentence is out of line.

Kev
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 10:28:27 AM »
please restrain from offering your opinions on game features here.  This is for BUGS only.  State the bugs (in this case there weren't any bugs in your post scjazz, except the convergence which we are aware of).  Please post your opinions in the the AH2 discussion forum.  Thanks

btw, the fractured coastlines are merely place holders for when we decide how to implement beaches.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 10:29:51 AM »
Where were you during the beta?

I don't think you have the right to swoop in and start dropping bombs and making accusations on the first release build if you haven't been making comments on the beta.

I am a professional software tester.  I do this for a living.  A 'bug' isn't something that you don't like.  A bug is something that causes the program not to function.

Do you really expect any changes to be made to the program by lashing out at the developers?

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 10:34:44 AM »
hey Havoc do you test games or just any kind of software?
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 10:38:29 AM »
I test firewall management software for Cisco Systems.  It's mostly Java/web based.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 10:49:18 AM »
Originally posted by SUPERFLY
...in this case there weren't any bugs in your post scjazz, except the convergence which we are aware of...
Ah... do you mean you'll fix the display bug or do you mean you'll allow us to change the gun convergence? :D
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 12:22:58 PM »
Originally posted by SUPERFLY
btw, the fractured coastlines are merely place holders for when we decide how to implement beaches.

Good news.... :)
Ludere Vincere

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 03:05:16 PM »
You can not even adjust convergance on a b17. It would have no effect.

HiTech

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 03:13:52 PM »
I won't spoon feed you the answers , you are rude and have not made an effort to learn....

- turn them on if you want them

- yes we do

-Done on purpose, it is a feature

(oops - I see Kewassaw already did)

(The help files are not updated, not that this guy would read em, but it needs to be done soon,)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 03:19:44 PM by Zanth »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 03:49:20 PM »
scJazz:  "We waited years for this new version and what did we get? "

scJazz, Anyone forget to let you in on the well known fact that life is about the journey and what you do with it? Not about being handed the keys to the car because you endured in silence and suffered an army of "bugs".

HTC - Folks if these be BUGS I've been livin my life the right way. Thank you for sharing such a Wonderful Vision with the rest of us Bug Lovers.:aok
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Bugs bugs bugs
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 05:17:45 PM »
Hee hee. What a grumpy b***rd:rofl