Author Topic: US groups want Moore film banned  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
US groups want Moore film banned
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2004, 10:13:20 PM »
these ppl are exercising the same freedoms asking for a ban as this dumb dik did making it...

and yes it is pro democrat - slams bush and his admin - written/shot at the moron level for its targeted audience
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2004, 12:51:40 AM »
For the moment all the uproar is a tempest in a teapot. Unless you were at the screening in Cannes, you haven't seen the film. Neither have I. After we have seen it and have an informed opinion, then I'll listen to your complaints. It's hard to form an intellegent viewpoint without ever viewing the point in question.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2004, 03:01:24 AM »
Interesting revisionist redefinitions of "banned" and "censorship" being used here...

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2004, 08:50:44 AM »
Some people always feel the need to stop someone else from doing something that isn't hurting anyone.

If some folks want to go watch a film they should go. If others don't like the film, they should not go.

how freaking hard is that?

throwing the blame to the right or left is sillly, both sides play the same ignorant games.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2004, 09:01:10 AM »
Originally posted by Kanth
Some people always feel the need to stop someone else from doing something that isn't hurting anyone.

If some folks want to go watch a film they should go. If others don't like the film, they should not go.

how freaking hard is that?

throwing the blame to the right or left is sillly, both sides play the same ignorant games.

Truer words were never spoken!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2004, 09:34:04 AM »
I have not heard that anyone is seeking to get the film banned... I think that is silly... can't be done in any case.

I won't be in any big rush to see it.   I truely belive that all of moores films are unfair to the people he dislikes... he is a master of editing so that what you see is allmost the oppossite of whart really happened

he also is prone to flat out lie in his films (when he "read" the plaque on the b29 in bowling for instance).   He only lies tho to pander to the left.

I believe that moore is a perfect example of all that is wrong with the left and that his type of untruthfullness will eventually backfire (tho it may have short term effect).

His reign as golden boy of the left has short leggs IMO... he is hanging on by his fingernails.... His dishonesty has made him vulnerable (a common mistake of the left) and if he ever strays even a little off the path..... the guard dogs will turn on him and tear him to shreds...

contrast this with Lott who held lefty ideas on gun control but wrote a truthful book based on solid, sound and honest research.   the lefties turned on him when he strayed but he wasn't vulnerable because he had wrote an honest thorogh book.

moore is lazy and dishonest but so far he is pandering well to those who control entertainment.

lazs

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2004, 11:30:10 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I have not heard that anyone is seeking to get the film banned.

umm....look at the title of the article and its contents...geeeez!:rolleyes:

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2004, 01:33:21 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
umm....look at the title of the article and its contents...geeeez!:rolleyes:

The contents of the article contradict the title.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2004, 03:28:42 PM »
From MoveAmericaForward.com:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2004, 03:46:52 PM »
Still curious about the question I asked a little earlier...

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2004, 03:48:38 PM »
I vote we buy a razor and hire a personal trainer for the slob.  Maybe if he get's laid, he will make a real movie.

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2004, 03:55:16 PM »
I dont like the man at all, his techiniques are questionable and distastefull.  But these people who want to ban this "anti-american" film, who feel they are "pro-americans" are looking pretty bad trying to controll freedom of speech and media and all that :P

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2004, 04:18:29 PM »
Amazing, I never heard of this guy before the war. He takes the anti war stance and gets everyone to want to see the movie. The anti war crowd, the anti bush crowd, just because it fits their agenda. The crowd that sees it just because is so talked about. And the anti moore crowd goes to see it just so they can pick it apart. This guy must be making millions. The guy is a genius. He is like the polar opposite of Rush Limbaugh(a genius himself). I can't wait til they both get together for a Freddy vs Jason kinda thing. I am sure there will be plenty of suckers for that too.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2004, 04:25:31 PM »

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
Yes, i know, im bored :)
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2004, 04:47:55 PM »
Moore makes bush look like a saint :)

( yes, i am bored) hehehe :)
http://ftp://yuccah:cwjqhn@yuccah.netfirms.com/www/f911-home-interim_03.jpg
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 04:52:42 PM by YUCCA »