Author Topic: CTD - Field Gun  (Read 348 times)

Offline captg

• Zinc Member
CTD - Field Gun
« on: June 24, 2004, 08:18:46 PM »
Get CTD everytime I go to enter a field ack...

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
CTD - Field Gun
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 10:31:22 PM »
Yeah-Bad New bug!

Since last patch Myself and others CTD when selecting field gun or Ship gun from hanger (don't know if it makes a difference but this happend to me in CT).

I have not any noticeble problems till this.

Offline captg

• Zinc Member
CTD - Field Gun
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 12:51:07 PM »
I had no problems before patch 3...

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
CTD - Field Gun
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 02:49:17 PM »
Can you try this offline and see if it still happens?

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
CTD - Field Gun
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 06:24:59 PM »
Pyro,

Just tried it offline and all is good. When I "logged" in offline the ndisles map was up, tried field gun and ship gun-all worked OK. So I thought I would try the baltic map to see if that made a difference. When I hit the button to load baltic terrain-CTD, got back on (offline) and baltic map was loaded and tried both types of guns with no problems. Have not tried online yet to see if there are any changes though.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
CTD - Field Gun
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 06:29:50 PM »
I found a bug with the squad folder and reported it to HiTech.  It's up on the MOTD now.  Ensure your Squad noseart directory is empty.
NEXX

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
CTD - Field Gun
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 06:38:37 PM »
Don't mean to seem stupid here, but are you saying because my squad has our emblem art loaded in to the squad folder-that is the reason we are being booted to desk top when we try to man a gun-or anything other than a plane or vehicle?? :confused:

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
CTD - Field Gun
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 06:42:51 PM »
Originally posted by Mike_2851
Don't mean to seem stupid here, but are you saying because my squad has our emblem art loaded in to the squad folder-that is the reason we are being booted to desk top when we try to man a gun-or anything other than a plane or vehicle?? :confused:

Apparently the Squad Folder is supposed to be empty because it hasn't been enabled to update/download yet in AH2.  I and many others copied the Squad folder over from AH1 and this caused the problem.  HiTech mentioned a fix is on the way, probably in the next version.  As for the Squad folder, keep it empty until we're told otherwise I guess?
NEXX

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
CTD - Field Gun
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 07:48:18 PM »
Thanks, Replicant,

I will pass the word on to my squad and hope for the best.