Author Topic: HT treats customers well ??  (Read 1910 times)

HaHa

HT treats customers well ??
« on: January 01, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
*deleted*

I am in no mood to start a flame war with the AH thumpers. Treating customers with a little bit of respect is important (muting them for 10 mins is not respect  )

[This message has been edited by HaHa (edited 01-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by HaHa (edited 01-01-2001).]

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2001, 04:54:00 PM »
1984.....  Big Brother is watching you!
NEXX

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2001, 04:59:00 PM »
I dont usually get involved in these things, but it seems like anytime HT comes online alot whines and questions come out.  As far as I know the standard rule is when he's blue u can ask all u want, but when he's flying he just wants to fly.  This is his standard rule and is very well known.  I dont think it was just you.

I was online at the time u speak of, and i know for a fact that you weren't the only one asking/whining whatever u want to call it.  I even cautioned a couple of my own squad members about it.  When he's flying leave him alone, he just wants to fly.  HTC does enuf work for us already, without constantly badgering them.

------------------
Kronos
CO No. 272 Squadron "Whispering Death" http://members.home.net/wchiasson/no272/

[This message has been edited by Kronos (edited 01-01-2001).]

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2001, 05:08:00 PM »

The only way I can show my disgust is to 1) delete my account and 2) post here. I have now done both - well done - excellent customer service. I didn't realize that AH was HTs little online "playing god" game, until now.

Aces High is his game and he can do what he wants to so he is in essence god around here. If you cannot accept that fact your decision to stop playing was correct.

Aces High is the best WWII online game at the moment. Good luck finding other game with this good value for money.

------------------
jochen

Kids today! Why can't they fetishize Fascist military hardware like normal people?

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief
Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight
Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free
But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
I've got to agree with HaHa to an extent on this.  While there are times I wish there was a squelch the staff when they are online, a paying customer has a right to ask.  To be muted or what have you would piss me off too.

I'm not far behind you , Haha.  This 1.05 is awful BetaWare.  I've got a huge collection of games and I've written reviews for many of them for prominent publications, both print and online.  The present attitude in here is if you spot a really blantant bug/problem, the HTC cheerleaders flame you with a "How dare you complain about this game?".

If a game has 3 patches out in a span of a week, that tells me the beta testing wasnt done, and we're all paying for that.  Because as it sits now, I find 1.05 almost unplayabe compared to the 1.04 version.  Falling through the carrier deck, crashing on deck in misions (or when ship turning) and numerous other flaws mentioned are just plain sloppy in my opinion.

Anyone else miss the ground war?  

Paul

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2001, 05:18:00 PM »
Sounds to me like HT was trying to make the game just a tad bit more enjoyable for everyone else on-line at the time.

AKDejaVu

funked

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2001, 05:24:00 PM »
Well done HT.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2001, 05:37:00 PM »
I never type to HT when he is online!  Even if he is in blue. I may say hello, but that is about it. Sure I play the SIM he developed and markets, but I am nothing more than a $30 payment every month to him.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

Oh!  And typing to HT about your concerns with the F4U-C is a waste of time.  You would get more attention by going outside and talking to a tree!  Just my opinion.

Have a Nice Day!    
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2001, 05:52:00 PM »
Quite frankly HaHa I belive I treated you with more respect then you gave or give me.

"HT this is getting ridiculous, there is like 90% f4us now."

If this isn't anything but a huge whine I don't know what is. Let alone telling me somthing like this, when im not working and just out to have fun. It's like comming up to some actor at a sporting even't when they are there just to enjoy the game, and you come up to them and say, hey your last movie suck's I realy hate this one piece. And btw now your telling us that the actor should just sit there and listen to your comments because you payed for the movie.

There are places for discussing issues but making statements like this over country or open channel just hurt's AH, does nothing but lessens everyones fun.

HiTech

dosequis

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2001, 05:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by Swager:
I never type to HT when he is online!  Even if he is in blue. I may say hello, but that is about it. Sure I play the SIM he developed and markets, but I am nothing more than a $30 payment every month to him.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

Oh!  And typing to HT about your concerns with the F4U-C is a waste of time.  You would get more attention by going outside and talking to a tree!  Just my opinion.

Have a Nice Day!    

I agree with this. I just came back to AH after a 8 month layoff. I am one of the Flying Pigs, where guys like Snak and Whip have done some to help HT and Pyro along. But I know better. It's just not worth it to complain. I started with HT during early CK beta. I am here now. I like the product and flying with my wingmen. But HT has heard it so long, and from so many different whiners, that it just isn't worth it to him.

As for Haha. Well, in my book I've never liked the guy. Can't say I blame HT.

As for LePaul, HT has been reviewed on plenty of simHQ like websites, such as dogfighter.com, for awhile. Nobody ever writes that HT is doing all of this for his ego. I wonder why. Maybe you could post what some of these "prominent" publications are?

Again, 1.05 has bugs. Pyro has posted that they'd rather be riding the razor's edge and pushing timetables up. Otherwise, we'd be on 1.02 still. I rather have it this way.

I came back after stopping for 8 months because I felt the game had nothing to offer in strat. I also didn't like the damage models and the E-retention of the planes. N1K1s doing break turns to avoid the BnZ attack, and then turning back and following you up the egress path shooting at you. CK and WB didn't have that, BnZ was viable.

Now, strat is much more prominent, and the sudden compression the Pony gets at 500ias makes BnZ even harder. But at least it has changed.

Having said all that, let me say that HT ought to fly in the arena under a pseudonym to be left alone to fly.

X2

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2001, 06:10:00 PM »

As for LePaul, HT has been reviewed on plenty of simHQ like websites, such as dogfighter.com, for awhile. Nobody ever writes that HT is doing all of this for his ego. I wonder why. Maybe you could post what some of these "prominent" publications are?

Frankly, its none of your business whom I write for now, in the past or future   If you are curious about why I'm less then impressed with 1.05 at this time, check my post in the Bug Reports area.  I've reviewed 1.04 on FlightSimPilots.Com very favorably.  1.05 has been a large step backwards IMHO.

My point is to treat the customer with respect at all times, that's all.  

HT, I could care less what you think of the guy or what he said.  Fact is, you lost a customer for whatever reason(s).  I wasn't there, and if you are fine with HaHa resigning, well, so be it.

If you don't want to hear customers comments while flying, use an alternate nick.  

Paul

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »
I wish he'd come online more often, and drop more folks at the drop of a whine, so to speak.  It would make the game immensely more enjoyable for the majority of his customers.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2001, 06:39:00 PM »
 In the Online biz, the customer is NOT always right.

- Westy

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2001, 06:57:00 PM »
Hitech,

I understand your position, lemme be upfront with that, but place yourself in the customer's shoes for one second.

• You are at a golf course.
  • In walks the owner of that golf course.
  • He is wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans.
  • The owner grabs a golf cart and drives around the course.  

You have questions you'd like to address with him about the course, you see others asking questions about the the green, the sand traps, and how crappy the caddy's are.  

Now do you approach him with the concerns you have, or do you wait til you see him in a 3 pc suit and tie to address him?[/i]
[/list]
I've been in the MA and seen you swamped with questions while you are trying to enjoy your production, I can honestly say I don't envy ya.

I also learned the lesson back in BETA not to bother ya when your text is not blue, but many of the newer customers may be unfamilar with the procedure.

May I make a suggestion? I know it's important to you to be HITECH, but I'd would like to suggest the idea of an alias when you want to be one of the faceless masses. After all the members of FUBAR would know it's you, and anyone else you'd wanna share the secret with.

Many of the movie stars you speak of, have areas set aside for them at sporting events, or other public places, as well as security to keep the masses at bay. Those stars that wish to mingle with the commonfolk often do so incognito, or accept the intrusion of fans bothering them.

I have sometimes felt ignored when sending email to HTC, and realize it's USUALLY not intentional.

Pleasently, I was quite surprised that SUPERFLY knew my callsign when I called HTC once concerning my bill, that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling    

I'm usually a joker, and try to keep the topics light and non-serious, but I have to say that although I have some issues I'd like to be addressed, I can't help but wonder how to broach topics with you when I have to be concerned that everything I express will be sized up as a whine.

In closing Hitech, I think you and the rest of the staff ARE doing a great job, Aces High is a great game. Keep going and you'll be recieving those awards your previous creation is getting in no time    

[This message has been edited by milnko (edited 01-01-2001).]

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2001, 07:03:00 PM »

Originally posted by hitech:
"HT this is getting ridiculous, there is like 90% f4us now."

If this isn't anything but a huge whine I don't know what is. Let alone telling me somthing like this, when im not working and just out to have fun. It's like comming up to some actor at a sporting even't when they are there just to enjoy the game, and you come up to them and say, hey your last movie suck's I realy hate this one piece. And btw now your telling us that the actor should just sit there and listen to your comments because you payed for the movie.

There are places for discussing issues but making statements like this over country or open channel just hurt's AH, does nothing but lessens everyones fun.

HiTech

Hmmmmmmm.

So, HT, every whiner will be squelched now? You gonna add the "shut the whiners" command so every pilot has the right to shut up other pilot for 10 minutes? If not, I do not understand. When someone whines, I can squelch. Anyone can squelch. You, as a player who "when im not working and just out to have fun" could squelch. It was added for that reason, is not it? But you clearly abused the power you had in your hand. More sad is that you do not take it as a mistake, and try to justify what you did. Even more sad is that there are people who support such position. Interesting, how many of them NEVER whined on channel 1?

Fariz