Author Topic: this helped my studder  (Read 268 times)

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
this helped my studder
« on: July 05, 2004, 12:31:33 AM »
Well i have created a 5 gig partition on my hard drive,without a pagefile, and installed AH2 to it ,  nothing else . The micro warps have stopped and even the texture loads are barely noticable, the other things i have done are disabled fast writes for my 9800 pro , which omega , and ati recomend for troubleshooting, I also cleaned up all my services in XP , i only have 11 processes running . Now if you are running on a single partition , one thing that made a difference on my machine, (in the past) was defragging the HD with the page file disabled , after the defrag, reinable the pagefile. Also i have used a program called disk keeper, it is a defrag utility that seems to work better than the original xp one , i was getting some free space in the drive that windows couldnt compact . one big difference i have notice since adding the new partition is that AH2 loads in about 7 seconds , before it took about 18- 20 sec. Sorry for the ramblings hope this will help a few of ya   38

system specs:

Amd xp3000+
Ati 9800 pro 128  4.6 cat
Asus a7n8x-dlx 2.0   4.24 nforce drivers
512 pc2700 dual channel mode

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
this helped my studder
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 02:10:40 AM »
Instructions on how to create the partition for those of us that can't find the power switch?