Author Topic: Adjustable views  (Read 470 times)

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
Adjustable views
« on: July 05, 2004, 07:04:54 AM »
In some planes the head position keys (PGUP, PGDN, UP, DOWN. LEFT, RIGHT) don't work correctly.
Example: I press keypad 5 + 4 for left upward view then RIGHT. Now I want go back to LEFT but the LEFT key doesn't work. I didn't test this seriously so I can't say if there is a pattern. Only thing I can say is that all head position keys always work in the default forward view.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Adjustable views
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 08:02:39 AM »
You are just seeing that it is not possible to press an unlimited number of keys at the same time.

HiTech

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
Adjustable views
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 11:07:16 AM »
It 's a maximum of 3 keys at a time. In some planes the adjustment of views works without problems.  And in AH1 I never had this problem.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Adjustable views
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 08:52:45 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
You are just seeing that it is not possible to press an unlimited number of keys at the same time.

HiTech

Im having similar issues suddenly. I havent changed anything. I can make it happen just sittin in twr or in the plane. Use hat to look rearward and it sticks. It will happen from any view. This is from my throttle. I can also get the same issue with buttons or trigger on my stick. If you think its vid card related Ill buy a Nvidea as I have the ati 9800pro now. Might as well spend more dollars as Ive already been through 3 brand new mother boards tryin to fix this problem:)
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Adjustable views
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 12:14:01 AM »
There is a bug in moving head position in the 109e4 in the right-up view.  If you press 5 and 6 to get into right-up, then you cannot move your head up and down (although left and right seem to work) and you can't save your head position.

Everything works OK in the left-up view.  There, you can use page-up and page-down to move your head up and down, and you can save the resulting head position.

This is for AH2, patch 8.

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
Adjustable views
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 03:28:55 AM »
For a workaround try this:
Push your hat to the right instead of keypad 6. Then press keypad 5 (with thumb). Now the headposition keys should work. Then press F10 without ever releasing kp5. It's not very comfortable though...

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Adjustable views
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 03:38:25 AM »
Hey, your workaround worked!  I had to use my chin and both hands to handle all the keys and the switch at the same time, but managed it.  Thanks.   That's a weird one.

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
Adjustable views
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 04:56:38 AM »
Improvement:
Call your cat and let her jump on the keyboard.
:D