Author Topic: Creating Gunsights  (Read 807 times)

Offline Fangs

• Zinc Member
Creating Gunsights
« on: July 07, 2004, 11:08:31 PM »
Hello Everybody,

Well I used to play AH1 quite a long time ago. Since then I have been playing another flight sim. A good friend of mine told me a few weeks ago that AH had been revamped. So needless to say I have downloaded AH2 and have been getting used to it all over again. :cool: So with learning things over again and flying,I would like to create my own ginsight. :) However,I don't have a clue about doing such a thing. :confused: I have two paint programs so that shouldn't be a problem. ;) All help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :aok =S=

Offline Fangs

• Zinc Member
Creating Gunsights
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 08:19:25 PM »
Hello Again,

Can't anyone help me? :( It would be most appreciated if someone could help. :) =S=

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Creating Gunsights
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 08:15:36 AM »
There are posts on the boards if you run a search.

All my custom gunsights transfered and then I modified them without any trouble but I've never found the need for the alpha channel so I don't use it.

In the 'gunsights' folder, open any sight that doesn't have a corresponding '.a' file in MSPaint.  Use only the colors shown.  Make a new test sight and save it under a different name.

Launch AH and select the new sight, and 'Apply' or whatever the button says, ok won't install it without the 'Apply' first.

That's it.

If you want info on the alpha channel, search the boards.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Fangs

• Zinc Member
Creating Gunsights
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 02:36:22 PM »
Hello Easyscor,

Well I have just ran a few searches and didn't found anything. Nothing helpful anyways. If you could give me step-by-step instructions on how to create them it would be appreciated. Or if you can provide any links that would be helpful aswell. Thanks! :cool: =S=

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Creating Gunsights
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 03:38:18 PM »
Open your htc folder.
Open the AH2 folder
Open the 'sights' folder
Copy and paste the 'default' gunsight, it will show 'Copy of default' so rename it to mydefault (or whatever)
Right click 'mydefault' and open it with MSPaint
Draw a big honking black X across the bitmap
Save the file
Launch AH2 - Offline
Open Setup/Preferences/Gunsights
Scroll down the airplane list and highlight your test airplane by clicking it
Scroll down the sight list untill you see your new sight, 'mydefault' and highlight it
Click the button 'Set [airplane] position [position] to [mydefault]', then click OK
Go to hanger and select the test airplane
Deploy and look at the gunsight
Note that if the X you made touches any of the pixels along the border of your bitmap, then those pixels will smear beyond the sight and look terrible.

After you build your new sight, be sure to use .target offline and sight it in, see if you need to shift it around to center on the bullet pattern.

Hope this helps to put you on the right track.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Fangs

• Zinc Member
Creating Gunsights
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 06:55:40 PM »
Hello Easyscor,

Thank you for your help. ;) I think I should have no problem getting started now. Although,I do have on other question. :p Can you explain what the "Alpha Channel" is used for? I would be appreciated. :cool: Cya! =S=