Author Topic: The dirty little secret  (Read 2439 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2004, 08:46:37 PM »
Jeez Mash that sucks. I own three cars. Everyone of them was produced before 1990.

There's a rule somewhere written by someone that if you own a car of that vintage, it's a "hoopdee"

I own three hoopdee's.

You have a hoopdee too.

Don't tweek, it's beyond that. It's time for a new car.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2004, 08:58:05 PM »
I know I'm only missed by my squadmates.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
The dirty little secret
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2004, 09:11:48 PM »
Mashburn, you missing somthing in your zone alarm setup.

HiTech

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2004, 09:19:55 PM »
mash, if you have XP press alttab or ctrl alt delete when trying to log on, and i bet you have alittle ZA box asking you what to do........... ;)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2004, 09:24:58 PM »
Try this.  As soon as AH locks up type "ALT-y".

Offline sonar732

• Copper Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2004, 04:13:38 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I haven't been able to get into AH2 for almost a month.

P3 800Mhz
XP Home
GeForce 3 64MB Ti200
384RAM

I freeze up upon hitting the ok buttin on the Password screen.  I played AH2 beta without a hitch, with my ZoneAlarmPro 4 ON, I've turned it off.  Still nothing but a lockup that needs to rebooted.  Dunno.  It sucks not being able to shoot some of you down, and get shot down.

<>

Karaya

Masherbrum,

This is actually being discussed in the "Help and Training" area.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/defaultframe.html

Right mouse button click the aceshigh.exe and check "Changes Frequently".

Hope this helps!

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2004, 08:20:17 AM »
Karaya,

This is what I had to do with zonealarm..

I had added and removed it so many times for the updates/patchs and such that I had some unremoved instances of AH in Zonealarm(ZA)... I have to remove the instance of AH in ZA, then shutdown ZA and restart it. AH would still be there so i had to remove it again.. I did this about 4 times and finally AH stopped showing up when I would restart ZA.. I added AH and gave permissions and such and all is well..

I dont have the option on my ZA for 'program changes frequently'...  But, I have the free version and its prolly old...

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2004, 11:35:27 AM »
ya know , Tweety, after doing a search on your posts, I've noticed  that:
 1-You don't do any thing but complain about a game you've played less then 2 years, which means you don't have a Clue about the way HT works.
 2-you make no effort to help get the problems fixed,i.e. system posted, what was going on when problem arose, etc.
3- you have a habit of attacking HT
 So, who are you, Wild Bill ?
 and BTW, AH2 is WAY more stable then AH1 was at this stage

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2004, 01:24:13 PM »
ZoneAlarm is a bunch of wastecode.

Tried it once, left it for what it is.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Re: Dirty little secret
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2004, 01:37:25 PM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
oops my bad I thought this was a thread exposing SKUZZY as also being Mr. Black:D

Really? I thought he was the "cigarette smoking man", you know the one that killed Mulder's father?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2004, 02:54:02 PM »
TweetyBird, if you can get one..try a 128M vid card. :)  You have the ram and front end bus for this game.:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2004, 03:33:24 PM »
Please show me ANY software that works with EVERY computer 100% of the time

no problem here with AH2
XP Pro with 1MB of ram
XP2600 AMD
ATI 9800 Pro card - latest ati drivers
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2004, 03:37:44 PM »
>>TweetyBird, if you can get one..try a 128M vid card.  You have the ram and front end bus for this game.<<

The way I have my sliders set and the resolution I use, I don't use half of the 64mb of vid ram I have. Frame rates aren't a problem -70ish fps.

I'm gonna take a break from the game till September. Maybe by then it will be better. As is it just agravates me induces me to post angry :D

Still debating whether to delete my account till then.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2004, 03:48:20 PM »
>>Please show me ANY software that works with EVERY computer 100% of the time <<

Photoshop is pretty rock solid.
DiabloII works fine in Win95,98,2000,ME, and even XP with patch 1.10
Never had a problem with 3DStudioMax or Microsof office.
Adobe premiere runs like a champ, as does CivIII.

Your point is well taken, but I don't think it applies to this situation. Its not one or two configurations having a problem, its many. Thats because the mistake is in the code and not the configuration. The way textures are handled was completely redesigned last patch according to release notes. So, I think its safe to assume the first version of the redesign has a few bugs in it. See ya in the fall :D

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
The dirty little secret
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2004, 04:42:08 PM »
I know there are a few of you people running around like Niedermeyer in 'Animal House' screaming "ALL IS WELL - ALL IS WELL!"  Fact is, this IS buggy software, and yes they are doing their best to resolve the situation - I understand that.

It's crazy to flame people for complaining about it!  People are paying a subscription fee, and as customers they have a RIGHT to complain.  I am sure that the HTC crew would rather hear a number of complaints so that they can fix it rather than have a great number of people simply sneak out the back door quietly.

I am positive that my system is in top shape for the hardware and software installed.  I have had CTDs and massive stutters (freeze frames), some lasting as long as 5 seconds.  Somehow even though i have no folder customization, my cache folder keeps being reset to "Read Only" attribute, as well as a number of my .cfg files are randomly setting themselves to "Read Only".  Clearly, this IS a bug, and has been posted as such.

I am a network administrator and also write minor applications (certainly far less complex that this game) for internal use by my company, so I am aware of the processes they must go through to track down the bugs - I don't envy their position.

But get off of the backs of those who are complaining, it is percisely because of these same complaints that the game will be fixed quicker. (The squeaky wheel always gets the oil)  I do not have any of these problems playing IL2, Warbirds or WW2OL.  I am confident that they will be resolved, but anyone who is paying for the service has every right to complain.