Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Ct
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 05:43:04 AM »
was in there with Bear yesterday

he was asking me about the stalls, told him I have not seen it

claimed it only happens in CT on all the rides

he uses combat trim, i do not

when he tried following me combat trim turned off, he said the lw plane he was in flew the best it ever  had

do you other ppl with stall issues use combat trim?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dogsta04

• Zinc Member
      • http://http://www.geocities.com/no800sqdn/index.html
Ct
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 06:29:38 AM »
no stall limiter on, and its not a flat spin, it's a violent stall, that is most prevelent in the F and the G-10. try a spiral climb at slow speed. hell any speed. both planes should be able to outclimb and outturn an equal energy oponet thru this manuver. as for fighting against the Yaks, the 9-T in my experience can still be beaten by a patient 109 G series.

yes i agree that FM's change over time. but this seems to have happened overnight. and is quite oposite to how they all handled during BETA.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Ct
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 07:26:03 AM »
not stall limiter - combat trim

do you use it or do you manual trim?

both stall limiter (whatever that is) and combat trim should be "off" - manual trim and try it
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 09:18:29 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
not stall limiter - combat trim

do you use it or do you manual trim?

both stall limiter (whatever that is) and combat trim should be "off" - manual trim and try it

I dont use stall limiter but at times I do have to use combat trim. If I dont use combat trim in some planes I just cant over come the occilations (bounce)(sp?), however, combat trim with flaps is certainly a no no. Combat trim is usless with flaps down.

The dogfight I had with BigMax the other night was with a freshly downloaded game with minimum "nose bounce" and one of the bes fights I ever had. Aftaer a few hours, I can hardly land without crashing :eek: I get tired of rreinstalling AH once a week :(

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Ct
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 11:24:13 AM »
Originally posted by Mike_2851
In the current CT setup I find the LW planes (only ones I tried) basically unflyable because of the uncontrolable stalls.

I never flew the Beta version (figured it would totally confuse me), and I haven't had that much time in AH2, due to RW events.  I do note that it is much more difficult to keep airplanes in the air now, and I put that down to the new 16-point whatever-it-was measurement.  This affects different planes in different ways; my old favorite P-47 is much harder to fly, but I hardly notice a difference in the 202 or the 9T.  The G6 is a LOT harder to fly, it's true, but it also seems a lot more sprightly to me, especially in roll.  So:  I don't blame this on a program bug.  I just think that some of the planes fly different now that the program for their flight models is different.  My G6 flying by the end of last night was significantly better than it was at the beginning.  Hey, it took me years to get comfortable with AHI, I have to expect that it will take at least a few months to master AH2.

- oldman

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Ct
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2004, 11:46:28 AM »
looks like crying to me, last week everything luftwaffe was fine, and there has been no update.

Many planes have not been updated as of last mention by the HTC as far as I can tell.  That means some planes behave like before and others do not.

What is up with the reinstall thing?  Sounds like some real computer issues.  What OS is on that system curtiss?

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2004, 12:33:45 PM »
windows XP

This has been an issue with me for years and past computers. It started with USB game controllers. However, it only does this with AHI and AHII. It does not do it with Target Rubaul, WarBirds and Combat Flight Sim. It is an AH issue.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2004, 12:50:29 PM »
Why only you then?  If it were the game we would see it more often.  It is also strange that it would be occuring on more than one computer you have owned.  Do you have some strange piece of hardware you keep using?  Same sound card/scsi card/joystick?

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2004, 12:53:58 PM »
Eagler's right. Disable stall limiter and combat trim and you'll see a big improvement. BTW, thanks for the help yesterday Eagler!

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2004, 01:12:52 PM »
On the admin side for the record, stall limiter was disabled in the CT.  I decided to turn the option on (if you had stall limit enabled in your setup, it should kick in).

During testing, I found that it's still not working right (aircraft can stall faster than a hummingbird).

I'll submit a bug report to HTC.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »
What is not working fork?  Stall limiter?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2004, 02:00:01 PM »
I had a feeling it had something to do with Combat Trim. You know, its funny, almost eveyone says not to use Combat Trim, so I stopped a while back. In the course of talking to both Shane and Leviathan, I found that they both use it, so I turned it back on. I really cant tell any difference one way or the other while in combat, only when having to trim in level flight. While in a fight I dont feel any difference, but I also rarely use flaps, and if I do its only one notch, so maybe thats why.

I guess for the sake of my own curiosity I will turn it back off tonight after flying with it on for a while to see what difference I can find.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2004, 02:02:16 PM »
Yep, the stall limiter is not working as designed. Period.  Maybe the way it works has changed?  

I've asked HTC to look into it.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »
Ahh, I always thought it was silly anyway.  Just like combat trim.  To each their own.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Ct
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2004, 02:36:34 PM »
P-38 fights better without combat trim.