Author Topic: Question regarding looters in Charley's aftermath  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Question regarding looters in Charley's aftermath
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2004, 06:09:27 PM »
Hey listen Floriduhians...

How soon can things be expected to return to normal down there?

Im trying to get in touch with people in Fort Myers and West Palm Beach... but to no avail.

The FM people I can understand being out of the office, but the WPB people should be working again... right?

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2004, 06:12:49 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
I would shoot to wound...Pinky finger, big toe, appendix.

Thrawn, that's a noble ideal.  But, if you don't kill them they're going to sue.  Think about it....

storch

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2004, 06:15:53 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Hey listen Floriduhians...

How soon can things be expected to return to normal down there?

Im trying to get in touch with people in Fort Myers and West Palm Beach... but to no avail.

The FM people I can understand being out of the office, but the WPB people should be working again... right?

Normal?  Florida Normal?  Not in our lifetimes.  Just never as abnormal as The People's Republics of Kalifornica,  Newt Iork or Mass a chew sits.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2004, 06:33:53 PM »
It might be hard to really know who is a "looter' and who is not. I saw the news today and some 78 yo woman has no family, and needs help. IF she got help ( someone that the neighbors don't know) and they helped her look for some of her items that are blown across 3 cities and YOUR YARD, It would be a really tough call.

NUTTZ

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2004, 07:19:27 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ
It might be hard to really know who is a "looter' and who is not. I saw the news today and some 78 yo woman has no family, and needs help. IF she got help ( someone that the neighbors don't know) and they helped her look for some of her items that are blown across 3 cities and YOUR YARD, It would be a really tough call.

NUTTZ

The stuff we picked up was on the beach I am sure it belonged to some of the 30 odd bars that were totally destroyed by Eloise
but I guess I coulda got shoot by some irate bar owner who felt shooting kids was kosher if they toted off some floating beers...

Nice to know who the murdering bastages are tho ;->

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2004, 07:37:01 PM »
Originally posted by Leslie
Some of the biggest looters were "carpetbaggers" bringing in ice and selling it for $10 a bag, 'til the National Guard confiscated their trucks and gave the ice away.

Freaking commies.

"Thrawn, that's a noble ideal. But, if you don't kill them they're going to sue. Think about it...."

Maybe they will, but tort law is very different here in Canada.  I would rather have to go through a lawsuit than judge and execute someone for the crime of stealing some stuff.  I imagine just showing off a firearm would do the trick anyway.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2004, 07:54:52 PM »
If it was Alabama rednecks it would.:D

Les

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2004, 08:00:59 PM »
Looters???

Shoot them all, Let GOD sort them out!!!

God Bless America and pass up the ammo Maggie.

MacMAW