Author Topic: The VOSS CONSPIRACY... fascinating new book  (Read 103830 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The VOSS CONSPIRACY... fascinating new book
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 09:14:35 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Yea, not to worry Icer, Metapotato/Voss is now reflecting badly on the Hornets, you guys are off the hook ;)

Zazen

Oh, you mean the best squardron in AH? yeah, we're ashamed! LOL! ;)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 09:20:11 AM »
I remember the TAS scam, I was a beta tester as well, of course I was far enough down the list that I never sent any money. I do recall the screenshots as being far better than anything we'd seen on screens, this was the day of the DX50/66 processoras I recall, those screenies were so beautifull that I was skeptical. I had no idea the TAS scam and Voss were related. Regarding Voss I only knew about the CIA and P51 ownership thing.

LOL what a sad story and an even sadder little man. At this point I am wondering how you guys know that Voss is Michael Hobuss, and that metatron is Voss. If that is verified why is he allowed to fly with the Hornets? I know more than a few of them and they are all stand-up guys. I don't think they'd want Voss in their squad if it were true.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 09:23:59 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
I remember the TAS scam, I was a beta tester as well, of course I was far enough down the list that I never sent any money. I do recall the screenshots as being far better than anything we'd seen on screens, this was the day of the DX50/66 processoras I recall, those screenies were so beautifull that I was skeptical. I had no idea the TAS scam and Voss were related. Regarding Voss I only knew about the CIA and P51 ownership thing.

LOL what a sad story and an even sadder little man. At this point I am wondering how you guys know that Voss is Michael Hobuss, and that metatron is Voss. If that is verified why is he allowed to fly with the Hornets? I know more than a few of them and they are all stand-up guys. I don't think they'd want Voss in their squad if it were true.

I too was on the "Beta tester" list. But never got my hopes up high for a project that I didn't donate money to.  As far as Metatron goes, its just another name flying on a computer screen that bails his squaddies out of trouble when he's needed. (Shrugs)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 09:25:55 AM »
Ripsnort in the case of Voss reflecting on anybody (13th TAS or Hornets), at the very least I think I and Icer, are not talking about performance, stats, fighting capability or anything else of that nature. We are talking about having somebody who scammed people out of money and abused their trust and every now and surfaces and tries to deny any culpability about the event/situation reflecting on other people.

That is why Icer posted that 13th TAS has nothing to do with Voss. Or why I believe Icer posted that .. not a reflection on the person's flight sim capabilities but to point out that they don't want to be and are not associated with Voss because of his character.

Hornets are tough squad and always a challenge when we run into them in the MA from a game perspective (in my opinion).
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 09:28:48 AM »
metatron voss and paul hinds are all the same person
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2004, 09:29:22 AM »
Originally posted by ghostdancer
Ripsnort in the case of Voss reflecting on anybody (13th TAS or Hornets), at the very least I think I and Icer, are not talking about performance, stats, fighting capability or anything else of that nature. We are talking about having somebody who scammed people out of money and abused their trust and every now and surfaces and tries to deny any culpability about the event/situation reflecting on other people.

That is why Icer posted that 13th TAS has nothing to do with Voss. Or why I believe Icer posted that .. not a reflection on the person's flight sim capabilities but to point out that they don't want to be and are not associated with Voss because of his character.

Hornets are tough squad and always a challenge when we run into them in the MA from a game perspective (in my opinion).

Hmm, well...a squadron on a game is not like a squadron in the real airforce, marines, army or navy.  Its a freaking game! Reflection on ones squadron? In a game? WHO FARKING CARES! LOL! (Well, obviously "somebody" cares...thats a good case study in psychology!)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2004, 09:38:45 AM »
I say we start a Fester thread...lol
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2004, 09:39:31 AM »
Ripsnort humans are social creatures and make assumptions based on others about the company they keep. Also some of us don't forgive people when they cross a certain line of behavior that harms other people.

Your right its a freaking game. But in the case of Voss he purposedly fabricated the truth and bilked people out of money, etc., etc. (whole TAS situation).

So yes, its a game but at the same time its human behavior to show disapproval of one's actions that harm others by not associating with them. Which is why 13th TAS originally removed him from their squad and point out they have no involvement with him or the whole TAS scam.

Your right its a game .. but say you found out that one of your squad mates in real life was a person you highly disapproved of (Bill Clinton ;) ) or say one of the executives from Enron, or a pedafile, or whatever. Yes, some people would say so what while others naturally would say I can't fly in a squad with that person or want people to think or make assumptions about me because he is my squaddie.

This is the probable reason why 13th TAS (Icer) posts these clarifications.

As for others .. they are pointing what Voss did in the past and believe they are warning others to watch out for what he is capable of. Basically they are in the category of "neither forgive or forget," rightly or wrongly .. depends on your point of view.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 09:41:37 AM by ghostdancer »
CM Terrain Team

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2004, 09:40:16 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
At this point I am wondering how you guys know that Voss is Michael Hobuss, and that metatron is Voss.

Michael Hobuss was the mark who was scammed. Voss is Paul Hinds.

The Voss=Metatron thing was pretty funny data analysis taken from the score page. There's a thread on it somewhere.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2004, 09:42:56 AM »
Its no mystery that Paul Hinds was Voss.  

CombatSim.com was giving extensive "interviews" with the "developer" of the wonderful new flight sim and listed his name prominently.  I remember when CombatSim later printed a retraction and full expose' of the scam and how they were taken just like the beta testers and financial backers.  

Now, Hinds later assumed another handle - MajPreddy - after his Voss handle was exposed in Aces High.  MajPreddy lasted a few months until Hinds was exposed again, and MajPreddy disappeared right about the same time that MetaTron appeared on the scene with a similar playing style of spawn camping in Tigers and score-whoring in Mustangs and field guns.  So, there appears to be a linkage of Voss->MajPreddy->MetaTron.

In any event, if you want to invest in a company, ask for a prospectus and do a background check on the officers before you lay out the dinero.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2004, 09:43:26 AM »
Interesting side your coming down on there Rip.

Seems to be at odds with your on line persona.

(edit - wasn't there another Voss? ASASIN?)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2004, 09:44:52 AM »
voss is megatron now?

I'll tell you though, when I was playing this game, a member of the 13thTAS in AH (back when voss was voss and a member of the 13th), he was a good guy to play the game with.  Kinda funny, when some one would saddle up on him voss would give us a blow by blow account as he got schooled "ahh...he's on my tail....ahh....he's....shooting....at.......me!  help guys, jeeze.  He's hitting me....ahh...there goes my rudder....ahh........uh, he got my radiator....ahh"  Then voss would explode and pout off for awhile.

Was a good time in the game back then.

Ive always said if all this stuff was true then the folks that got ripped shoulf have taken the guy to court or at least split his kneecaps.  Ive never put too much stock in all of it.

Next voss is a con artist story is due in approximately six months.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2004, 09:46:18 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Reflection on ones squadron? In a game? WHO FARKING CARES! LOL! (Well, obviously "somebody" cares...thats a good case study in psychology!)

Maybe I'm in the minority with this thought, but a man is often judged (rightly so) by the company he keeps. My grandpa always told me that one of the most important things in life is choosing your friends wisely. It is my beleif that a virtual squadron IN A GAME is nothing more than the sum of it's parts. If one of those parts is rotten then it reflects negatively on the whole group. If any member of the MOL was found to be guilty of cheating, or vulching a shade account, or being Voss he would be booted just like Shane was when he began embarrasing the squad with his mouth (typing) on channel 1.

Citabria, how do you KNOW that metaron=voss=paul? I seriously want to know, because those are pretty serious allegations and should not be taken lightly.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2004, 09:46:53 AM »
Uh, Yeager .. I say 6 months and 1 day. ;)

Any other bets?
CM Terrain Team

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2004, 09:56:26 AM »
I thought Voss was secretly pulling the strings of the 13th TAS from his CIA mobile headquarters with VP Dick Cheney at an undisclosed location...

Must have had bad intel.....

Does he still pilot the latest in military hardware... ?

Is he still a member of "Skull and Bones.."?

Does he still have radioactive scorpion senses..?

Stay tuned, "same Voss hour...  Same Voss Channel.."

Kaaaapooooooooooooowiiiiiiiii ii!!!!!!!

Blaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!!

Vosssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss!

2 Dinar,

DoctorYO