Author Topic: News that makes you go.....  (Read 613 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
News that makes you go.....
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2004, 11:21:30 AM »
Originally posted by Red Tail 444
A Philly weatherman in dallas? I'm suprised he's been allowed to walk upright in Cowboy Country:rolleyes:

I guarentee if Amon Carter were still around he wouldn't.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 11:29:11 AM »
The best "news" story I've ever seen was a local reporter testing the theory that you can "fry an egg" on the hot summer sidewalk or on the dashboard of a car.

Obviously, since neither the sidewalk nor the dashboard remotely approached the typical temperature at which you'd fry an egg (well above water's boiling point), she just wound up making a big goopy egg mess all over some poor schmuck's dashboard.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2004, 11:37:06 AM »
Originally posted by Lizking
Pretty much all television news makes me go Duh! or WTF! or just puke on the carpet.  That is why I quit watching TV years ago.  Here, I can come and get news and then TELL the messenger how fluff'n stupid they are.

Thanks lizking. You helped me put my finger on what it is about this BBS that draws me back time and again.:D

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2004, 11:37:36 AM »
What does it take to fry an egg? 150 degrees? It can reach 110 in Texas and in a closed car easily reach 150. Still, without a constant heat source the dash would likely cool off pretty quick under the egg as the egg absorbed that heat. Ain't gonna try it in my car.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

storch

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2004, 11:39:47 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
What does it take to fry an egg? 150 degrees? It can reach 110 in Texas and in a closed car easily reach 150. Still, without a constant heat source the dash would likely cool off pretty quick under the egg as the egg absorbed that heat. Ain't gonna try it in my car.

Have seen it done on the hood of a black truck here in S. Florida

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2004, 11:52:45 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron

You might fry an egg at 150 degrees... in 10 to 20 minutes.  Even hard-boiling an egg takes several minutes of consistent boiling temperature.  There's just no way you're going to fry up an egg on the dashboard of your car.  Now the hood or the trunk... that I can believe.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 11:56:28 AM »
You read the newspaper for yesterday's news.

You watch the tv for news that happened 4 hours ago.

You read the Internet to see what's happening right now.