Author Topic: Your Nemesis  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Your Nemesis
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2001, 11:42:00 PM »
Can't think of any off hand!  Everyone probably has an equal share of my buttocks!    

For some reason I do not run into the pilots who are named here.  We just dont meet in the air that often. The pilots that has taken me to school most often would have to be Torque and Hblair.  Haven't run into them in awhile. Don't see Hang very much (that's good news).  I think I've run into Cit only 2 or 3 times.  I guess Im lucky!    

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 01-05-2001).]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Your Nemesis
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2001, 05:06:00 AM »
Wardog, Jekyll, Regurge, Snefens... damn which one do I pick ???

Have yet to shoot one of these down !

There are many more, <S!> to all of you  

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Your Nemesis
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
I'd have to say Torque.

Haven't run into anybody lately who has regularlyl given me trouble.

Back when I was flying the D-Hog, after the C-Hog came out I tangled with Torque several times.  He is great at forcing the overshoot and killing me.  I got him a few times to, but I had to be very careful about it.  Torque uses a snapshot plane, he flies for the snapshot opportunity, and his is a great shot and can make them pay off.  It is VERY difficult to fly in a manner that will deny a good pilot a snapshot opportunity at some point, and Torque plays that perfectly.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
Your Nemesis
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2001, 09:11:00 AM »
1. Electronic Arts

2. The ground

-Smut

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
Your Nemesis
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2001, 09:42:00 AM »
Torques a panzy
Citi we still got another duel comin...
Never heard or ran into this Nath guy.
Nash is alot of fun.....
Hangtime is hard to hit unless you suprise him.
Ice....run ICE RUN!!!
As far as a SIM goes I think we have a very HIGH caliber of pilots in AH. In WB's there were always a large number of newbies in the MA to pick on but in here I gotta say the level of good pilots is MUCH higher. Due to the fact that many of the old AW and WB's vets have all migrated to this SIM.

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Your Nemesis
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
Drex gave me a fit on a few occasions. He was in a P-38 and absolutely squirrely! I didnt think a p-38 could do what he had his doing.

RA, a fellow P-47 lover it seems..will get your blood pumping.

There are others too. Like someone elase suggested, there are alot of good sim pilots here. You just never know who you are fixing to tangle with.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
Your Nemesis
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
I gotta single out Regurge.  He's a real pain in the butt.  He has a nasty habit of beating me in fair fights and in fights in which I started with an advantage.

Hooligan

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
Your Nemesis
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
I havent fought him this tour, but in the last few Torque just smacked me silly.

There are 2 times when i absolutely know i will die in the next few seconds:

1)my plane is pointed up and Torque is incoming
2)I know he's around somewhere but cant aquire him.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Your Nemesis
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
From Pongo Not that I have never beat any of them. But they always make look at any 51, F4U or Jug with respect until I can guage if its one of these clowns behind the reflector sight...
<S>

LOL, you still have your acid sence of humor I see. Can't wait for u to bring your nose back in Pongo.

Else for my contribution to this ego boosting "look I'm the best" threat that I hate I would say :

Ra and Regurge, because they are both fellow P47 drivers and great ones. On my side, Ammo and Sancho, Nomde because when working as a team we kick butt  

Nath is good, does things in an A8 where you want to say he's cheating. I would respect him if his ego wouldn't be so miserable.

Cita is on my team, he is good, winging with him one day we racked the jackpot, like 3-4.5 kills shared. But there again, for me a great pilot is as much as a good stick as a good nature, and Cita as a tendency to insult and swear those days, too bad  

Hangtime, never dogfighted him, but helps to clean an area when around you  

KBman, he is sure good at the ACM stuff, but can't really judge him as he flies a Chog often, the couple of pings death kind of ruins some great fighting Vs I need to spray you for 2 secs before I rip your wing.

That would be for the stick part, sure I'm omitting lot of good guys, no offense.

For the good spirit aces, maybe pilots who are not killing machines but definatly of good sport, I cannot forget any of the Thunderbirds. Wolf, Bloom, Mathman, Gritz and Tom, you guys are "aces" to me, even when u all 5 dive on my poor low/slow P47 and rape me, I smile because it's you guys. have a beer for me!

Anyway, almost whoever shot me down or I shot down not flying a "dweeb plane" I enjoy it. Sometimes I ear pingpingpingcrack and see KBman blahblah you... hey, hello KB, nice to see you. No need to be mad, this game is fun I tell you.

------------------
Olivier "Frenchy" Raunier

SFRT Aces High web page http://home.cfl.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm

SFRT pages http://www.sfrt.net

[This message has been edited by SFRT - Frenchy (edited 01-07-2001).]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
Your Nemesis
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
Victory 1.000.000 by Citibra
Citbra just shot you down.

Nath-BDP

Your Nemesis
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
Correction Frenchy, I can do things in any plane that would make you think I'm cheating. <G>

I would respect him if his ego wouldn't be so miserable.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Your Nemesis
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
Agreed Nath. You have an undeniable edge in anything you fly.

Man; I hate gettin old. Lightning young pup reflexes like yours vs my tired old dog synapses must be the reason.

I hope.  

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Your Nemesis
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2001, 03:06:00 PM »
I don't know, always met you in FW. But I guess you like me, after xxxxxh in a P47, when u grab a niki, the average Niki dweeb don't understand what u can do with it.

(and neither you believe what u can do with it either) I always wondered how I could still win some turnfight Vs Niki/spit/yak...geez.

[This message has been edited by SFRT - Frenchy (edited 01-07-2001).]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Nath-BDP

Your Nemesis
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2001, 03:29:00 PM »
lol Frenchy, I recall fighting you a few times in my 109, don't you remember that time I killed you with just MGs in my G2 when you were afk? You just said "go ahead nath"... lol.

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
Your Nemesis
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2001, 03:38:00 PM »
My nemesis?  

Carrier landings!!