Author Topic: Changing Countries  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Changing Countries
« on: July 17, 2004, 12:09:58 AM »
I was just wondering how most players feel about changing countries.  I don't like it when players switchs to a country that is near winning reset thinking they will get perk points & unbalancing the game.  I do understand changing countries to fly with friends, I have done that myself from time to time though not often.  I see some players switch to a country that has fewer players, though I wonder if they do it to balance out the game or to get perk planes at a lower price.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Boozer2

• Copper Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 12:22:21 AM »
I think this is bait laid out by pyro..

um,
    ****ry switch fer win is bad
    ****ry switch fer freind is guud

Offline Boozer2

• Copper Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 12:25:40 AM »
Now THATS funny, country without the O gets ****

alla sudden **** takes on a new meaning..

****  THANK GOD I'M A COUNTRY BOY ****
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 12:28:11 AM by Boozer2 »

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 09:31:28 AM »
i think the turn around time should be longer to get back to your own country, what is it now 24, 36 hours or something?

why not make it a week?

make it more of a hassle for all the spies who like to come over and see where were hiding thier cv's hey!

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 10:28:04 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
i think the turn around time should be longer to get back to your own country, what is it now 24, 36 hours or something?

why not make it a week?

make it more of a hassle for all the spies who like to come over and see where were hiding thier cv's hey!

I say when tour starts, or new account, u chose what side u want and u stay that side for the tour no changes allowed. or i guess u could allow 1 change during tour.

also to stop spying, cut off between country priv chat. u wana spy u should have to type it on open channel.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 11:46:35 AM »
I try to switch to the side with the least numbers when I think about it, or switch if there is a lack of good fights. Sometimes the other two countries are having a good battle somewhere.

Could care less about resets, winning the war, country loyalty, etc.

Charon

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 12:03:33 PM »
Nothing wrong with switching teams.  You don't get any reset perks by switching just before.  If you switch to the winning team, you get fewer perks for your kills given the perk ratio.  And I find it hard to see any even potential problem switching over to the losing team.

As for spies, even the 12 hour switch delay is a pain in the bellybutton for spying with.  The people who care enough to spy already, care enough to pay for second accounts for that purpose.

If playing for a certain country ceases to be fun for any reason (only a few vulched fields left, no radar, annoying teammates, whatever) there is nothing wrong with switching teams.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 08:15:04 PM »
Switching sides helps ballance the MA.

I hate to fly on the side with the most players. I fly for me not for my country, after that I fly for my squad and my fellow squad mates. I go where the fights are and so does my sqaud. If there are no fights on the side we are flying for we will switch things up to find a fight.

As for spying. Get a life. I have too many other real life things to worry about with out worrying about where a CV is hid away or what missions are being run ect. I honestly dont think many do spy but for those that do more power to you. You obviously have a very meaningless life and need to spend your time being the "007 of Aces High".:aok  

Again, I think those people are few and far between.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 09:01:26 PM »
all red suxorz...

all green suxorz slightly more.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 10:30:01 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
Switching sides helps ballance the MA.

I hate to fly on the side with the most players.  

ha! where were you tonight for us permenent knights morph?
could have used ya with us! matter of fact ive rarely seen you on the knights side mostly where do you play anyways bush or rook?

take a look at tonights slaughter!!!

what a muthirflocker:eek:

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 10:32:41 PM »
ooppps did i say bush? my bad!! alcholic slurrs are awesome:rofl

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2004, 12:25:39 AM »
More often than not I am a Rook. I bounce around a bit between Nights and Rooks. Nights are a hoot to fly with!

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2004, 07:41:14 PM »
Fubar was on at that time, I shoulda fragged him somehow for you guys   :lol

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Changing Countries
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2004, 09:43:43 PM »
Used to switch to the 'underdog' side. Moreso in Beta to even the sides and get better fights.

Of course I'm a Knit mostly and since we've been almost always outnumbered for a year or so now, I haven't seen a need to change in a LONG time.

If I was a rook squad I would have changed a while back. Not sure why people can't even things up for a fair fight unless it's just insecurity ie: fear of failure. Thanks to the 13th TAS for changing recently. They are good sports and it should help some.

If I fight 1 or 2 guys and they lose, as long as they fight they are winners in my book.

If they fight against 3 guys and lose they are winners in my book.

If they come in a swarm 5-20 and gangbang some low con and 'win' they are losers in my book.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2004, 12:22:39 AM »
I am pretty sure you can count AoM in on helping out the Knights.

Logged in this afternoon to see over 230 Rooks on line, while the Nits and Bish had a staggering 120 or so players. I dont fly all that often anymore, so when I log in the last thing I feel like doing is fighting the 30+ Rooks around me for a fight.

After I went Nit I had more fights than I knew what to do with. Getting ganged to death in the process but at least there were red guys and great fights to be had.

I also enjoy very much being called a spy.

Good times all round!