Author Topic: IMHO  (Read 466 times)

Offline marcof

• Zinc Member
IMHO
« on: November 28, 2000, 12:29:00 PM »
Hello pilots!!,
Just a short post to say that although iam not flying A/H so much anymore ( well not at all), iam still keeping my account active.

Two reasons for this firstly, A/H is a great game run and produced by guys with great tallents.

Secondly i hope that one day they might do the right thing and bring in early war stuff.

IMHO A/H is going the wrong way.....they NEED EARLY WAR PLANES, how can you run a WW2 sim without planes like Ju87, Me109, spit Mk1, Hurricane,Mk1c and P40's, not to mention early war zekes.and on and on, there is a gapping hole in this game and i urge the Hitech team to sit down and address this issue, before ww2online captuers the market.

I,ve seen lots of post with pilots going elsewhere and heading off to wait for ww2on line. seems a shame as Hitech and the gang are great guys.
<S> to Hitech creations.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
IMHO
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2000, 01:21:00 PM »
I agree, Marcof. But from the beginning the die was cast for a late-war heavy sim. IMHO, HTC should finish the late war planset and then start heading backwards in time. I'm afraid it could be a couple years before we get to see the BoB as a large scenario.

AKSeaWulfe

IMHO
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2000, 02:43:00 PM »
Don't understand why you want an early war planeset when they are available all over the internet. Pyro stated that there's very few out there doing late war plane sets.. he's right. If you think early war plane set will be any different, it really won't be.. just slower flight times, but you will die just as quick. 109E, 2x20mms. P40, 6x.50s just like the pony. A6M2 and A6M3, 2x20mms. Spit1 will be the only oddball, exception being the C202, 8x.303s. No one will fly that when the MkVb is available.

Anyway, I want the late war set finished before we trudge backwards into the depths of the "been there done that" era.
-SW

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
IMHO
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2000, 06:17:00 PM »
backwards... I can't imagine anyone saying "I can't wait till the p40's are here after they've just climbed out of a spit xiv.....lol. A lot people fly these sims because they have an interest in the history of those times and to build a sim around the end of that period seems to me to be backwards. To some its not about kills but the thrill. Heck I'd love to be in formation of stukas about to get bounced. Any thing that can bring to life the slightest experience (without actually killin me) is cool. Early warbirds if we dont gettem soon why bother? let em have their f8 give me a 109e......
ohh and about there being all over the net , that my be but but this is still hands dwn the best and if you can hope for your late war models we can hope for those earlies.
oh and look at the up coming snapshot just screamin for early warbirds....wheres the huricanes.....the he111....?
------------------

[This message has been edited by Wotan (edited 11-28-2000).]

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
IMHO
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2000, 06:42:00 PM »
HT have done what i consider a great job of modelling the Late war stuff, i'd like to see what the EW stuff is gonna be like!
Hell i'd love to see a ww1 sim based on this engine +)

AKSKurj

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
IMHO
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2000, 04:08:00 AM »
I agree Marcof. An early-mid war aircraft set would mean a Rolling Plane Set and balanced historical scenarios. But we are far from it.

We are still waiting for the Navy, then we need the 190D-9, the Spit MkXIV and the La-7 and only then, I'm afraid, HTC will give a look at the 1940-42 stuff.

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
IMHO
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2000, 09:29:00 AM »

Originally posted by SKurj:

Hell i'd love to see a ww1 sim based on this engine +)

AKSKurj

HELL YES!!!!!!!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
IMHO
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
-My camel is undermodelled

-Lewis MGs are lazers

-S.E.5 FM is a joke.

-I WANT MY FOKKER D-VII, why do the Allieds have the Sopwith Snipe and I dont have my Fokker D VII????!!!!!!!

-Oh, why all latewar planeset...why not an early war Morane bullet, for a change?

-We have too many German planes, E-I, E-II, E-III, E-IV and an Albatros V. I dont know why do Luftwobbles whine.

-Don't run you S.E.5 Dweeb!!!

-etc...

<G> Yeah ,would be something to be seen. <G>

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 11-29-2000).]

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
IMHO
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2000, 09:59:00 AM »
No, they'll get the DVII, just the one with the weaker motor so it can't spiral climb against F1s.
RAM, experience does teach us that there will always be whining.  Heck I remember them fondly:
"The Camel should have a blip throttle"
"The Camel should not have a blip throttle"
"The Camel's blip throttle should not work this way"
"The Camel should spin easily -- many rookies died in it"
"The Camel should not spin easily -- some guy wrote that all you have to do is center the controls in a spit.  So all we should have to do is let go of the stick and let the springs do their magic"
"The Camel retains E too well"
"Pork the Camel."
Then of course, the Dr.1 was improved...

But I can never imagine a complaint that the guns in a WWI sim are too deadly (mnybe that they don't jam enough, or that they don't pause for mag reload).

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
IMHO
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2000, 10:27:00 AM »
 fix the damn spad 7's turbolazers...er lazer.

Bahh some people are just happier whineing. Makes em feel important, or they like the attention or whatever. Which is why i like nntp better than crappy bbs's like this. You can filter out the bulls-it rather than have to wade through it. In the arena, doesnt bother me, im there to fly and can always just ignore the radio buffer "often do" but here there are a half dozzen people I would just as soon not have to bother loading their worthless drivel, but if I want to read a thread i must.

HTC I want a nntp news group or im leaving!!! WAHHHHHHH WAHHHH WAHHHHH

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
IMHO
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »
Torque's Zeppelin *is* actually overmodeled. He cant do those flip-turns with *that* thing at 25mph IAS ...
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown