Author Topic: pisses you off  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
pisses you off
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2004, 11:54:32 PM »
I know this has been quoted a few times before (damned right too) but feel it's relevant:
Originally posted by Mathman
Morph is right.  I have played for extended periods on each of the three sides at various points since I started.  

Rooks, Kights, and Bish each have their share of the following (in no particular order): alt-potatos, dweebs, hoarde-monkeys, HO-tards, good sticks, newbies, luftwhiners, runstangs, roach drivers, flakpotatos, napoleans, exhibitionistic autofelatio practitioners, witty people, half-wits, niki dweebs, spitpotatos, crack monkeys, buff dweebs, score potatos, strat-geeks, nice guys, jerks, helpful people, alt-f4 lemmings, al gore rehash jokers, festabria bobbers, bearded clams, numbers geeks, suicide porkers, whiners, nazis, liberals, conservatives, jap-laggers, warpers, kill stealers, vulchers, twits, furballers, freeballers, sissy mary runners, wash-rinse-repeat "ACM" guys, cherry pickers, BnZ girls, stick-stirrers, el gay seven drivers, humble guys, pile-its, drunks, quiet guys, pubescent quakers, amish technophiles, dorks, jug tards, hellcrap dweebs, run-oh-nines, run-nineties, backwards firing typhoons, f-pork-u's, pee-fifty-runs, hunstangs, goon drivers, goon augerers, gv guys, l337 d00d's, campers, chute shooters, chute shooter whiners, Hartmann wannabees, Gabreski/Johnson wannabees, Rick James wannabees, Drex wannabees, Bong wannabees, bong smokers, "cheaters," cheaters, cable modem cable pullers, engine togglers, carbombers, milk-runners, insane-guys-who-jump-into-the-middle-of-fights-in-a-Ju 87 or 88-and-actually-shoot-everyone-down, beefdarts, lawndarts, Texans, inbreds, you're-a-peein's, Californicators, Kalifornians, Mavericks, Icemans, Sliders, overly sensitive '80s men,  etc.

:rofl

There's lots to dislike in this game if you let it get to you - choose the flip side 'n suck it up and laugh at what a bloody great time you're really having.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
pisses you off
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2004, 01:06:21 AM »
Did I ever mention that Drex is a little kill-stealing punk?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
pisses you off
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 04:45:57 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

-- Todd/Leviathn

No I've never heard him say that, no really. Seriously I've never heard him say that. Of course my vox has been out alot. Yea that's the ticket. My vox was out, yea that's it. That's what it was.

And no kidding Murdr. Don't know how many times your 'buddy' goes for your kill and leaves an enemy bearing down on both of you now instead of taking on the newcomer freeing you to finish your (even) fight and creating an (even) fight of his own.

Offline Fauxbra

• Zinc Member
pisses you off
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2004, 11:01:41 AM »
heres 2 things that Annoy me a little bit...

#1. Landing a damaged aircraft slightly off the runway and getting a ditch. I mean come on..... slide off the runway a  few feet with a dead motor and maybe no gear and you get ditched, but flip the plane over on the runway breaking off the wings and tail and get a successful landing LOL. Did they even have paved runways in the European Theatre during WWII.....i thought they took off from a grass feild.

#2. Shooting the wing or tail off an enemy plane or causing it to just explode and getting an assist is B.S. Just because some guy put a few rounds in the plane before you and maybe hit the aux fuel or started a oil leak does not mean he shot the plane down....shooting a wing or tail off causing the plane to plummet to earth is shooting it down. If anything you both should get the kill as both contributed to its demise. Its getting to the point where if i see a plane banged up or smoking im not wasting the E or ammo on it just to get an assist. And Im wondering if anybody has decieded to not help a friendly who may be getting bested by a damaged plane because they didnt wanna waste E and Ammo for an assist.I help when ever i can but i have said to myself "im wasting my time for an assist and probably gonna get shot down for doing this" as i dive in to help a countrymen.

Just my opinion and open to criticism..so fire away

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
pisses you off
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 11:12:20 AM »
Originally posted by DipStick
Steal killers do suck but what I hate is working on a guy for a bit, getting right in the saddle, fixing to pull the trigger and some moron shoots tracers over me and the bad guy starts flopping like a fish or dives to the deck.

If someone is in the saddle, DON"T interfere.

If an enemy is fighting 2 or more of your guys, DON'T interfere.

If an enemy is going down, DON'T waste ammo and E trying to steal a kill.

I always get a kick out of 6 guys chasing 1 P-51 or something. It's just so stupid!

I hear that.
 Im not so much worried about having kills stolen so long as the enemy dies. But DONT shoot over may shoulder to get him!
 If im in a situation like you mentioned where Im in the saddle I absolutly HATE when a friendly behind me starts shooting over my shoulder.
My latet move on this now is if I know its a friendly behind me Im gonna pull up into your bullets and cause his killshooter even if it means letting the badguy get away.

Dont like killshooter. Pick your own angle of attack and use the manners you were taught in kindergarden of leeting the person in front of you go first.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
pisses you off
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2004, 11:24:59 AM »
Originally posted by Hyrax81st
Yes... I love the countrymen who fly in between you and the enemy you have already saddled up on and while you are firing he gets into your bullet stream and YOU DIE...

Even then 9 times out of 10 its probably your own fault. Usually comes from  two things spraying and praying. And developing tunnelvision and only seeing the bad guy
Fire short 2-3 second  bursts unless you are getting consistant good solid hits on your target.

If you fire short 2 - 3 second bursts the slight pause between bursts will give you enough time to see  someone come in front of you most of the time and not pull the trigger for that next burst

In 2+ years of playing I've only had maybe 5-6  killshooters. (no system is perfect)
By contrast I've avoided dozens more by only firing short bursts.
Also helps when you can hear external engine sounds as opposed to music. then you can hear someone comming underneith/alongside/over you.

Just like any other aspect of this game your survival depends mostly on you.

The short burst rule works.
It also helps you conserve ammo so you can shoot at even more planes.

FLy a YAK around for a while.
I can think of no better plane to get someone in the habit then the Yak
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 11:27:33 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
pisses you off
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2004, 12:39:16 PM »
personally it has never happened to me.  i dont fight in furballs.  i hate those.  i fight what ever 1 on 1's and 2 on 1's i can get into, but i agree it must suck to hate a kill stolen.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
pisses you off
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2004, 03:29:54 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
personally it has never happened to me.  i dont fight in furballs.  i hate those.  

You must be a member of the Timid R a i n b o w  Warrior Squadron based out of San Francisco.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
pisses you off
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2004, 07:00:50 PM »
L~~a~~a~~a~~g   :)

Originally posted by 68DevilM
gentlemen here's a new one on me...

never had this happen to me before????

im left clueless

im tailing a high spit in a p51d he looks to be in auto climb right, he never see's me so i get with in 400, line up, open up with my guns and hit sprite hit sprite, then nothing! my rounds start flying through the guy as if he was never there then i fly right through him, like he was one of my fellow country men! and while im just dumb founded at what just happend i turn too look back and he opens up on me and im dead! WOW wtf just happened!:confused:

chalk one more up for the lag monster i guess huh?

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
pisses you off
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2004, 09:41:55 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
You must be a member of the Timid R a i n b o w  Warrior Squadron based out of San Francisco.

ack-ack
you fly higher than i do akakallite.;)
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
pisses you off
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2004, 10:53:21 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
you fly higher than i do akakallite.;)

But I'm not afraid to fight, oh member of the Timid R a i n b o w Warrior Squadron.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Polaris

• Zinc Member
pisses you off
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2004, 11:10:01 PM »
The only time I jump in is when someone CLEARLY isn't getting the job done.  Tonight I watched 5 Knights wrestle with a P38 near A61 for about 4 or 5 minutes.  I circled above the whole time not believing my eyes.

Finally got tired of it and jumped in the soup.  Ended up getting the kill.  Oh well.  Get it done, or get outta the way.  :)

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
Re: pisses you off
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2004, 11:25:13 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
when you shoot someones tail off an enemy in a quick 1 second burst and then break off to either land or move to the next enemy and the guy that was behind you follows YOUR kill to the deck and unloads into him, and steals your kill.:(

WTF!!!

Kleenex??

Should have finished the job first. ;-P

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
pisses you off
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 12:07:24 AM »

But I'm brave about it, aren't I?

Drex

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
pisses you off
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2004, 01:03:53 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
But I'm not afraid to fight, oh member of the Timid R a i n b o w Warrior Squadron.

ack-ack
neither am i akakallite.  i cant play in furball's cause of fps smartarse:p .
II/JG3 DGS II