Author Topic: Let's see if I got this straight?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Let's see if I got this straight?
« on: July 18, 2004, 01:17:18 AM »
Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good...
Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad.

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good...
Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad.

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad.

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists - good...
Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad.

Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good...
Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad.

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good...
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad.

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good...
Recession under Bush - bad.

Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good...
World Trade Centers fall under Bush - Bad.

Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad.

Clinton denounces terrorist training in Afghanistan - good...
Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad.

No mass graves found in Serbia - good...
No WMD found in Iraq - bad.

Milosevic not yet convicted - good...
Saddam in custody - bad.

Ah, it's so confusing!   :rolleyes:
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 01:23:27 AM »
Its called a double standard....librals want power and they scream and stomp like a 2 year old kid cause they dont have it.  Get used to it.....its America nowadays.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 04:09:28 AM »
Reply to double standard.

You are so right,does it seem to anyone that right is becoming wrong and wrong is becomeing right?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 04:36:20 AM »
Originally posted by demaw1
Reply to double standard.

You are so right,does it seem to anyone that right is becoming wrong and wrong is becomeing right?

yes nothing matters anymore to the left except beat Bush.  to me It looks like they wouldnt mind bringing the entire country down with them if it meant getting kerry elected.....BUT.  I just see a CLEAR double standard applied today.  If you are conservative or for bush you are immediaitly one of the following:

fascist
nazi
redneck
neocon
warhawk

It doesnt matter what you belive.....pretty sad

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 09:13:39 AM »
LOL Bodhi...so true.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 09:21:56 AM »
I think that post, wherever you got it from, is stoopid.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 09:42:12 AM »
One more to add:
Clinton didn't get a UN resolution declaring war on Serbia - Good...

Bush didn't get a UN resolution declaring war on Iraq - Bad.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 09:45:01 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
I think that post, wherever you got it from, is stoopid.

Nash,  why?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 10:13:12 AM »
I can't even get my brain around it...

I wish I was better with language 'cuz I don't even know the terms that would be used to decribe the like, 2 dozen things wrong with what's going on in it.

The entire thing makes no sense to me. But I am not stoopid. Therefore the post is stoopid. :D

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 10:19:59 AM »
You're gonna hafta disguise this a bit Bodhi if you want any libs to read past the first line. May throw in a Bush is Hitler in bold every now and then. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline J318

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 10:38:43 AM »
Hummmmm that thread isn't biased;)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by J318
Hummmmm that thread isn't biased;)

Everyone older than two is biased. Being biased does not make someone wrong. Some are biased in favor of truth while others favor their agenda over truth.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2004, 10:48:39 AM »
so true iron so true,darn that was a good post.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2004, 10:54:30 AM »
lol

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2004, 11:51:17 AM »
Well let me try to help because you are either incredibly ignorant or at the very least misinformed.

Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good...Actually not good.

According to the Government Accounting Office (GAO), a February 1997 study showed that a Brown and Root operation in Bosnia estimated at $191.6 million when presented to Congress in 1996 had ballooned to $461.5 million a year later.

All told this former Yugoslavia contract has now cost the taxpayer $2.2 billion over the last several years. Examples of overspending by contractors include flying plywood from the United States to the Balkans at $85.98 a sheet and billing the army to pay its employees' income taxes in Hungary.

A subsequent GAO report, issued September 2000, showed that Brown and Root was still taking advantage of the contract in the Balkans. Army commanders were unable to keep track of the contract because they were typically rotated out of camps after a six-month duration, erasing institutional memory, according to the report. The GAO painted a picture of Brown and Root contract employees sitting idly most of the time. The report also noted that a lot of staff time was spent doing unnecessary tasks, such as cleaning offices four times a day. Pentagon officials were able to identify $72 million in cost savings on the Brown and Root contract simply by eliminating excess power generation equipment that the company had purchased for the operation.

Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad. Can you say conflict of interest? Despite Cheney's claim to the contrary, he was paid over $150,000 per year in 2001-3 and is scheduled for payments in 2004 and 2005. He also has $433 grand worth of unexercised stock options in Haliburton now worth over $10 million.

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good...Dunno about "good" but it did stop the genocide going on over there and it was a cooperative NATO operation, not an American invasion.

Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad. Heh, probably a lot more than that--this number is not even close to being all-inclusive. Read the paper today about the AQ links in Iran? Oops! Maybe we invaded the wrong country, eh?

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good... Actually NATO imposed the regime change. Try to get it right.
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad. On our own, without cause, at the cost of thousands of Americans killed and wounded and oh, an additional 10-13,000 Iraqi civilians killed.

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists - good... On behalf of Albanian "terrorists"?? Where do you get this stuff? Please provide more info.
Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad.At great cost to American lives--We'll see if they actually appreciate it.

Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good... You must be a little kid not to remember this--embarassment over bad intel and restitution paid to China. That was good?
Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad. Actually it was Clinton that bombed the terrorist camps.

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good... I have little respect for Clinton but he was never convicted of any felony. Here's a webite you would appreciate: http://members.tripod.com/~GOPcapitalist/clinton-scandals.html

Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad. Not bad, just stupid and pretentious--a premature announcement that shows what a poor grip Bush has on what he's gotten us into. No, don't even say he didn't say the war was over--he declared victory in Iraq--read the transcript of the Lincoln speech if you don't believe it.  http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bush.transcript/

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good... Actually the bear market started in 2000 and continued til 2003--how did your 401K do? Not even in the top ten of stock market crashes.
Recession under Bush - bad. Yup, bad. Millions of lost jobs, a tax cut and then a useless war. Yup bad.

Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good...Again, where do you get this stuff? Clinton ordered OBL killed. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1558918.stm
World Trade Centers fall under Bush - Bad. So you would want this to be "good"? What a maroon. Bush did absolutely the right thing in the attack on Afghanistan--few would disagree (well perhaps you would)--it was after that time that the wheels came off.

Clinton denounces terrorist training in Afghanistan - good..."Denounces training"? What does that mean? I find nothing other than Clinton going after OBL--he was the one that lobbed cruise missles in there, remember? http://www.cnn.com/US/9808/20/us.strikes.01/
Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad. Why "bad"?

No mass graves found in Serbia - good... Um, they did find several mass graves there.
No WMD found in Iraq - bad. Yup and because that was the stated prime reason we invaded as we were in immediate danger-- it was very bad.

Milosevic not yet convicted - good... How did you come to this conclusion?
Saddam in custody - bad. How do you come to this conclusion? Sounds like you're not only confused but whiney.

Ah, it's so confusing! To you it does seem to be. Try reading.

h
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 11:53:42 AM by Horn »