Author Topic: Working on a sound pack  (Read 590 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Working on a sound pack
« on: July 21, 2004, 05:44:21 PM »
Well, my boss had a baby, so no touring for abit, so I finally set-up my music editing suite to record some stuff. And I've started on a sound pack for ah2.
Hopefully I will have it up soon. gotta find a place to host it.
Right now I'm finishing up engine sounds / startup-shutdown sequences.

Little more time consuming than I though-  Having to denoise / declick alot of files that were badly recorded, as well as eq'ing.

I'm trying to tweak all the volumes / tones so there should be no need to mess with setting in the AH2 volume control.

I'm going to gear it towards more realistic audio properties than what most gamers would expect. Or at least what I can discern from audio properties of metals, frames vibrations, ect...and how those would blend in in a combat situation.

One of the main thing with engine sounds that I am facing is getting a realistic balance of how the planes sound internally and how they would sound externally in a flyby. But, i'm getting pleasing results.

Anyway,  with mitsu's coming out, and when this one's finished - there should be no shortage of good sounds out there for ah2.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 08:49:37 PM by Waffle »

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Working on a sound pack
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 08:03:49 PM »
I'm hoping there's a decent P-51D engine sound.

Offline Polaris

• Zinc Member
Working on a sound pack
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 02:57:28 PM »
Can't wait sir!  Wish I had the time to learn all this stuff.  Skins, sounds, etc.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
Working on a sound pack
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 03:05:27 PM »
get a job in the music industry - plenty of free time....lol

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
Working on a sound pack
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 04:59:50 AM »
Well - I guess this pack is about 3/4s done - all planes done (engine sounds, start-up, shut-down) -

remixed all of the damage sounds, scrapes, ect....finished all default gun sounds, explosions all the little bells and whistles

Just need to finish up country specific gears / flaps and test on models, then planes will be done except for country specific gun sounds / calibers, ect....

Then the Ground vehicles....

Played tonite some and like the way it's turning out. Taking some time to get used to after many years of defaults and mitsu's sounds :) Keep hearing stuff, and I am like "what the hell was that" :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 05:02:12 AM by Waffle »

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Working on a sound pack
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 05:10:20 AM »
Sweet Waffle! Thanks for creating some new sounds, I'm sure alot of folk will appreciate it, I know I will. :)