Author Topic: "Not receiving updates switched to TCP"  (Read 310 times)

Offline Connection

• Copper Member
"Not receiving updates switched to TCP"
« on: July 22, 2004, 05:31:39 PM »
Since about last week I have been receiving this update as soon as I enter the main arena. I know its not a good thing.

I shut down my anti-virus (avast!) like it is recomended in the connection help sticky, but it still always happens without failure as soon as I enter the arena.

My connection is a 512/128 dsl  that has worked fine with AH since forever. No other major system changes. No firewall installed.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 05:52:10 PM »
I get that a lot too on a 10 Mbit broadband connection. Not sure what causes it maybe bad connectivity, non isp related but somewhere along the route.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 05:59:14 PM by 33Vortex »

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 06:39:49 PM »
When you first log on, the host times out , try logging out, and relogging right back in, it should clear up the scond time.......

there is a thread in the bug forum ( think it's a sticky at the top by hitech ) explaining this procedure and reason for it.

Good Luck
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 12:58:46 AM »
The problem is the connection times out while the game is loading from your hard drive to your RAM and video memory. On my system, it will actually freeze up hard, I have to hard reboot to get going again.

I have cured it by the following:

When you start AHII, click on the Offline first. That will load up your memory from the hard drive. Wait till your in the tower and everything has settled dow on your screen.
Then quit offline, but immediatly click on Online. You should pop right in, no lost UDP. Works great for me.

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 02:44:11 AM »
I started getting lost UDP messages for the 1st time when I DL'ed the Omega drivers.  Soon as I binned them and went back to the Cat 4.7's, everything returned to normal and no more lost UDP.

Ive no idea why. thats just how it happened :)

Offline Connection

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 02:48:45 AM »
Originally posted by MOSQ
The problem is the connection times out while the game is loading from your hard drive to your RAM and video memory. On my system, it will actually freeze up hard, I have to hard reboot to get going again.

I have cured it by the following:

When you start AHII, click on the Offline first. That will load up your memory from the hard drive. Wait till your in the tower and everything has settled dow on your screen.
Then quit offline, but immediatly click on Online. You should pop right in, no lost UDP. Works great for me.

Makes sense to me. Will try it out and report back.

-edit-
yes, that was precisely the problem.
re-logging and going offline to load the textures does not works. it seems the software dumps the memory buffer when you exit an arena.

it works if i choose not to preload the textures. too bad, since preloading makes the stutters go away. i hope the bug will be squished soon.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 02:54:03 AM by Connection »