Author Topic: pull the trigger disco bug  (Read 1716 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
pull the trigger disco bug
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2004, 09:53:32 AM »
Devil: Your still confusing me, this is why I asked to not mix the issues. In your post you say you got the message "lost connection with tcp", the deal is I don't know of such a message.

There is a host connection lost message box.

There is also a lost UDP switching to TCP message.

If you got either of those it is a Disco. I.E. a communication failure.

So did you get one of those messages?

The resone I asked you not to mix the issues, is the answere to you last question.

Of course we will fix the problem of the CTD's, but It is not an easy task to find the problem , when I havn't been able to reproduce it on my computer. So I look for comonalities between people who have had the CTD's to get an idea where to start looking. When you post an unrelated problem as the same thing, it makes it much more difficult for me to track it down.

HiTech

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2004, 10:22:15 AM »
im willing to say my CTD's are with CANNON planes only... never had one in a plane without cannons. Unless someone is firing cannons AT me, sometimes that CTD's me (and the guy firing)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2004, 10:22:37 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Devil: Your still confusing me, this is why I asked to not mix the issues. In your post you say you got the message "lost connection with tcp", the deal is I don't know of such a message.

There is a host connection lost message box.

There is also a lost UDP switching to TCP message.

If you got either of those it is a Disco. I.E. a communication failure.

So did you get one of those messages?
HiTech

i get the not receiveing updates switching to tcp?? i think everytime i log on. (does this mean theres no updates availble or theres something wrong??) sorry side question

on a couple occasions i got the lost connection message and the experiance that i posted about with the multiple ejections, i didnt get any message, was just shot back to windows

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2004, 10:34:37 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
i get the not receiveing updates switching to tcp?? i think everytime i log on. (does this mean theres no updates availble or theres something wrong??) sorry side question

on a couple occasions i got the lost connection message and the experiance that i posted about with the multiple ejections, i didnt get any message, was just shot back to windows

as hitech said, your mixing the issue

the lost TCP is when the loading the textures takes too long and the arena (or the game) times you out.......

this thread is about people that pull the tigger and CTD
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2004, 03:50:38 PM »
ur right got off topic

ok back to pull trigger:aok

ps yes this has happens to my self from time to time and fellow pilots:D