Author Topic: Please Read: Missing Child  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Re: GREAT NEWS
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2004, 01:01:59 PM »
Originally posted by Blammo
Great news and joy:
David was found in a nearby house at about 9 AM EDT this morning.  We are all rejoicing and giving God the glory.

David is fine and only have a few scratches and is mildly dehydrated.  He has already settled back into his room and is playing.

Thank you all for the prayers, support, offers of assistances, good thoughts and the constant attention this was given.

David is home.

Regards,
Robert, Stacey, Jessica and David Tippin

Outstanding. The outcome we've all been praying for. Savor the moment.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: GREAT NEWS
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2004, 01:09:20 PM »
Originally posted by Blammo
Great news and joy:
David was found in a nearby house at about 9 AM EDT this morning.  We are all rejoicing and giving God the glory.

David is fine and only have a few scratches and is mildly dehydrated.  He has already settled back into his room and is playing.

Thank you all for the prayers, support, offers of assistances, good thoughts and the constant attention this was given.

David is home.

Regards,
Robert, Stacey, Jessica and David Tippin

Great to Hear Blammo...God's ear was bent BIG time from all the prayers...Best to you and yours bud:aok
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Please Read: Missing Child
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2004, 01:44:57 PM »
Originally posted by xBarrelx
HE WAS FOUND!!!!!!!!!!

A little dehydrated but he was found safe and sound. Congrats Robert, see ya around.

thank god! have to see the news story

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2004, 01:45:45 PM »
Just the best possible news I coulda heard today!!!!

:) :) :D :D  :cool: :cool:  :aok :aok

did i mention... :) :)
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2004, 01:47:16 PM »

Offline DFATITAN

• Zinc Member
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2004, 02:02:22 PM »
You and your family were in our thoughts and prayers.  We couldn't be happier for you!
:D

TITAN
5" clay pigeon busting expert.

Offline snapperhead

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2004, 02:38:58 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
news

http://www.11alive.com/

Hear about it on local Atlanta radio on the way home, and I started clapping in the car and holerin........people next to me in traffic must of thought I was insane :)......Oh yeah here is the story

4-year-old Henry County boy reported missing Sunday morning headed home with his parents Tuesday hours after being found safely bundled in clothing at a home about a mile from his own.

Carried by his father out of Henry Medical Center, David Tippin told reporters that he had been hungry during his two-day excursion.

"The only way we got David back is because God brought him back," said his father, Robert Tippin. "Jesus is the one who brought him back."

David's parents thanked the Henry County police and masses of volunteers who helped search for their son.

"This morning I woke up and it was the worst day of my life and now it's just the best day of my life," said David's mother, Stacey. "I wish I had a fruit basket for everyone that's been out helping. I could never express to everyone how much I love them and appreciate them."

Doctors checked David out at the hospital, but discharged him within hours. Both his parents and doctor worried David would be dehydrated after two days on his own. He was not.

"He really wanted me to be done. He wanted some food, but he did not complain of any pain. He really had no complaints actually," said Dr. Okiki Louis.

"I was just back there with him. He's got some scratches on his face and, I mean, he is just talkative. It's just amazing," said Pastor Steve Waldron.

Tippin was discovered in a vacant rental home in the 200 block of Miller’s Mill Road, authorities said. The home’s owner, Bobby "Micky" Henton, said he found the boy after seeing a light on inside of the home and going inside to check it out.

"I went in the house and there he laid in the floor. I thought it was a fur or something I bought up at an auction, but I saw it was him and I picked him up," said Henton.

David was located asleep in front of a refrigerator, according to Henry police Chief Henry White Jr. He’d fashioned a make-shift bed out of items – including clothing – that he found inside of the home.

Chief White Jr. says the boy got into the home through a rear door. After their son's safe return, David's parents said a dead bolt would be installed on the locks today.

"We have heard that someone has volunteered to bring us a security system," said Stacey Tippin.

Authorities said Tippin apparently slipped out of his home in Stockbridge, Ga., early Sunday. The child’s father, told police he found his son's bed empty when he went in to check on him about 8 a.m. He found David’s toys scattered about the backyard.

Henry County police used helicopters and K-9 units to help track down the boy. Neighboring police and sheriff's departments also offered their aid.

Reports of David's disappearance drew dozens of volunteers to help find him. They vowed to continue their efforts Monday even after local police sought to end the search due to an overflow of volunteers.

Neighbor Josh Tew said, "My heart just really goes out to them and I'll do anything, be out here as long as I have to to help find him," said.

Volunteer Linda Johns said, "We'll find him. We searched our hearts out yesterday but we will find him today. We've got to," Monday.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 02:42:24 PM by snapperhead »

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2004, 03:14:44 PM »
im glad everything worked out some things words are inadiquate to express.

Offline Smiggyy

• Copper Member
great news...............
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2004, 03:16:13 PM »
Heard about it in the UK too, being a parent of two daughters my heart went out to you all.

Glad the wee chap is home safe and sound, the horrible feeling in my stomach has now subsided.

Just shows how the internet can unite a world in the click of a button!

All best to you and your family.

Smiggyy (UK)
Merc-Air

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2004, 03:24:15 PM »
A prayer of thanks sent for David's safe return...best news I've heard in ages!

DmdMax

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2004, 04:36:02 PM »
Whooo Hoooo!!

Thank God!

Crumpp

Offline Ode

• Zinc Member
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2004, 04:57:32 PM »
I was going to post my best wishes, and see the last post now...

very glad to hear your son is ok.
very glad indeed..

Odessa..

Offline AKWarp

• Copper Member
      • http://10mbfree.com/edlance/
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2004, 05:19:16 PM »
SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, this made my whole day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm callin the wife at work right now to tell her...........

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2004, 05:39:04 PM »
It's times like these that remind us that despite what we see on the television every night, there are many, many wonderful people in this world. People who would drop everything in an instant to aid a neighbor in trouble.

Does anyone still not believe in angels?

I am overjoyed that you found your beautiful little boy.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Squirrel

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mindspring.com/~p38
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2004, 06:24:02 PM »
Praise the Lord!  Awesome Awesom Awesome!!!
Sqrl