Author Topic: Vote Bug  (Read 4556 times)

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 11:51:43 PM »
The lastest CT staffer added, had 11.5 hours in the CT and OVER 47 hours in the MA!

I do believe, Slash was the "latest CT Staffer" you are referring too in this post......am I wrong????  This is definitely tossing him into your ranting and raving.

And yeah, I did have fun tonight...when I found the CT having problems, I went and flew with a bunch of folks that I have come to enjoy *playing* this game with in the MA.  It's unfortunate you cannot, and have to let everyone know about it
Duke

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 12:01:07 AM »
Originally posted by 1Duke1
The lastest CT staffer added, had 11.5 hours in the CT and OVER 47 hours in the MA!

I do believe, Slash was the "latest CT Staffer" you are referring too in this post......am I wrong????  This is definitely tossing him into your ranting and raving.

And yeah, I did have fun tonight...when I found the CT having problems, I went and flew with a bunch of folks that I have come to enjoy *playing* this game with in the MA.  It's unfortunate you cannot, and have to let everyone know about it

That was in reference to the CT staff's selection not the CT staffer himself.  I'm sorry that you're not educated enough to understand this, but I have enough on my plate already.

My advice to you is to ignore it then.  Didn't ask for you opinion in the first place.  What you see as ranting and raving I only see as the facts.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 12:06:34 AM by TheBug »
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 03:53:46 AM »
If your going to "refer" to me then use my name. Go add up all the time Ive spent in the CT , or does that not fit your agenda?

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 03:55:31 AM »
Am I gonna count as an absentee ballot thingy?...

:p
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 04:39:28 AM »
Since january 1

TheBug has 179:31:32 in the CT.

Slash27 has 189:03:29 in the CT.

Did I win?

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 04:42:17 AM »
I must agree, CT staffers need to put the CT first before flying in any other arena.

I expect to see the "staffer of the Week" in the CT offten making sure problems are.

During non-squd times I will even do what I can to help new guys.

storch

Vote Bug
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 06:56:37 AM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
I must agree, CT staffers need to put the CT first before flying in any other arena.

I expect to see the "staffer of the Week" in the CT offten making sure problems are.

During non-squd times I will even do what I can to help new guys.

Let's see what the dysfunctional ADD suffering CT community has come with in the way of votes thus far.

We have 20 posts most of which are nanny nanny boo boo posts.

We have 4 votes for changing the membership of the CT Staff.

Does anyone else care to Vote?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 07:03:33 AM »
Originally posted by storch
Does anyone else care to Vote?

Guess I'll throw in my bit.

I don't think anyone is happy that the CT has been down for....what....nearly a day?  Looking at my calendar, though, I note that this is the heart of summer vacation time.  And I think back over the past year, or two years, and it seems to me that this is a very rare event.  In fact, I can't think of another time it's happened, and I keep reasonably close watch on the CT.

What I do notice is that a number of old CT staffers are gone, and it seems to me that one of the reasons they are gone probably is that they got tired of people whining about the setups and other aspects of being a CT manager (or CM, or poohbah or whatever the official title may be).  I don't plan to do that here.  Dung happens, but it doesn't happen often in the CT, and I'm pretty happy about that.

If making Bug a CM will cut down on the complaining, then I'm all for it.  But I'm just a bit surprised at all the noise over one night's disruption.

So that's my vote.

- oldman

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 10:07:44 AM »
I guess the 20 hours reflected my inability to manage the CT - or maybe seeing how it was a holiday for me, taking my family out for a nice day is too much for you guys?  Heaven forbid I have a life outside the CT.  

I also didn't see a SINGLE email in my account in the past 20 hours.  Since that takes 30 seconds to send the CT staff an email (you know, email mister_fork@hitechcreations.com or ctstaff@hitechreations.com),  guess it was too much work for the lot of you to send us an email.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 12:45:11 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2004, 10:12:09 AM »
Or wait, cause none of us fly in the arena, how would we even know? We're all inept limpdiks anyway.  That's right, none of us fly in the arena, do we storch?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

storch

Vote Bug
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 10:34:32 AM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
Or wait, cause none of us fly in the arena, how would we even know? We're all inept limpdiks anyway.  That's right, none of us fly in the arena, do we storch?

No reflection on you Fork.  I think you are well liked and respected.  Last week you offered up some very sound suggestions for positive change in the arena.  The last 24 hour's occurance has merely underscored the need to implement those ideas, sooner rather than later.  The arena is still down.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 11:49:23 AM »
You guys remind me of my Condo Association.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

storch

Vote Bug
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 12:02:59 PM »
Originally posted by Dux
You guys remind me of my Condo Association.

actually it has come to that hasn't it hehe

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
Vote Bug
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 12:37:44 PM »
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
Vote Bug
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2004, 01:01:39 PM »
Ok, I'll jump in on this and open myself to all of the usual insults that follow a post.

I vote to maintain the structure as is-for now. Fork and others have some good ideas that should be refined to what the community wants-then implemented. I think the current staff does the best they can with what they have at their disposal

Hawk said it best, when he said that when somebody asks for input-they basically don't get it. All they get for their effort is a bunch of whines and a load of crap-I'm not going to quote here but just review the posts.

The mentality of: I want what I want-and I want it RIGHT NOW-has got to go away. for us it is a game that we pay money to play, therefore we feel that we have a right to demand certain things to enhance our enjoyment and playability-not going to happen (at least right away). To HTC it is a passion but most importantly a business. So the way I see it-most of HTC's bread and butter comes from the vast MAJORITY of players that fly in the MA. That arena and those players will get priority, everything else will come in at a lower priority (hopefully CT is second on that list).

In case you've forgotten-we are still in a transition phase here. The CT needs a lot of "stuff", it will come, and be the CT we were used to and hopefully even better than it was in AH1. In AH1 I absolutly despised the MA, but now that is the arena that is getting "most" of the attention-so I am spending some time in there and having quite a bit of fun, but I still consider myself a dedicated CT'er.

Finally, there have been many good and productive ideas thrown out there by many people. For those with the time, desire, and responsibility-compile those ideas (current CT staff-hint, hint) and make a working document-a mission statement of what the CT will become and who will play what roles to make the CT better than it ever was.

Oh Yeah, Bug, (just my opinion-take it for what it's worth) you don't get my vote. You have some good ideas, you seem to be passionate for what you believe, and you appear to have the best intentions for the common good of the CT. But in reading your posts I don't feel that you have the "diplomacy" needed to fill a CT Staff position.

There you go, flame away  :aok