Author Topic: Tracers  (Read 349 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Tracers
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:59:48 AM »
I would like to be able to have tracers on primary guns but be able to turn them off for secondary.  Is it posible to have separate check boxes for them.  The reason is I like to have my tracers off but many time I wish they could be turned on when a bogie is on one of my countrymens 6 and I know I can't hit him but try to get him to break. Maybe even have it set-up were tracers can be set on or off for each plane
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 04:25:27 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Tracers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 07:33:19 AM »
I'm afraid its all or nothing on tracers.

HT might see & redo the tracer control.

I might win the powerball this weekend also.

If your having trouble hitting with secondary weapons you need to

A check convergience.  (try mg's at 300, 20mm at 350)

B Get closer. For cannons, except 37mm I very seldom shoot beyond 300. 150 is my prefered range.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Tracers
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 09:27:27 AM »
Read it again Ghosth ...

I don't think he is having trouble with gunnery, he is simply saying that he may be ... say 600 to 800 behind an enemy that is on the 6 of one of his buddies. He wants to send some tracers by the bad guy using his primary guns (still knowing that he might not get a kill shot) causing him to break off his attack. Yet, at the same time, his secondary guns do not have tracers on. Probably cause he wants to use these to start a kill without alerting the enemy.

Xargos ... sounds like a good idea to me ... wether HT will implement it ... thats another story.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Tracers
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 02:39:37 PM »
I agree I think it would be nice. For instance, I'd like to use the 303s with tracers to scare a baddie into turning while keeping my cannon with no tracers. If I have no choice I have to stay with no tracers at all.

You can't tell me pilots didn't use different tracer loads for different guns.

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Tracers
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 07:15:59 PM »
Interesting point.

I have no idea of the historical facts, but would pilots choose to load tracer rounds into all guns?

Eg. If you flew a Spit1 or say a P47 would you load tracer rounds in all 8 guns? What would be the point if they all were set to the same convergence?

Would you load tracer rounds in all .50s and the 20mm cannon if you flew a P38?

I guess the only reason you might load tracers in all guns is you were never sure if (and which one) a gun with tracers might jam.

Offline Jasta

• Copper Member
Tracers
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 03:03:02 PM »
it sounds logical, and seems like it wouldnt destroy the historical realism of the game.

A pilot could have surely chosen to load just tracers in primaries in WWII. Now whether they did it or not? I dont know... but i think its a good idea.