Author Topic: Vets,moderates and conservatives.....  (Read 1032 times)

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Vets,moderates and conservatives.....
« on: August 06, 2004, 03:20:48 PM »
I have been invited to a meeting next week. This meeting is not just for vets but most are...It is to discuss whys to support the vets who have come out against kerrys vietnam record.. They and I guess I do also,believe the news media and dems are going to be vindictive and untruthfull about them.

More important, the main thrust of debate, is to see what they personally can do, to protect those that  come back from iraq, from the liberals.  Now this is more dear to my heart, It seems they want to stand up for the military, and stop those that would from spitting,calling them baby killers etc.

I thought I better say this isnt suppose to be some get your guns thing, just being a support ,barrier,thing. He did  laugh and say someting like spiting might equal a bloody nose he he.

Anyway he said it seems because of the way the dems ,hollywood and the media are becoming there is a ground swell beginning, the saying being something like ,never again.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 04:46:47 PM »
Any member of the American Armed Services been spat on or been called a baby killer lately?

nope didn't actually think so......but what the heck - why spoil a evening of righteous indignation getting your piss in a froth with a little thing like reality.

let us know how it turns out - plse take pics!!!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 04:50:41 PM »
Maybe neo-con means paranoid?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 05:28:07 PM »
"to protect those that come back from iraq, from the liberals. "

Your time would be better spent focusing on protecting the returning Iraq vets  that might be critical of the war they just fought, from the hatefull attacks of people like yourself. How ever you might define yourself.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 05:36:09 PM »
excuse me...all I did was ask a question, .

and with respect you might want to take your head out of sand  because the vicious language has begun a little .Who said it was going to get out of hand?

Where did you see rightous indignation or anywhere I said spitting or anything like that happened yet?

Now, the baby killing thing has been said about bush, well if you believe that ,then who is next in line?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 05:40:23 PM »
I am proud to call myself a liberal, and insinuating that I or people like me would call returning soldiers from Iraq or Afghanistan "baby killer" or anything similar just makes me want to say 2 words to you...

**** off.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 05:46:54 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I am proud to call myself a liberal, and insinuating that I or people like me would call returning soldiers from Iraq or Afghanistan "baby killer" or anything similar just makes me want to say 2 words to you...

**** off.

When you wallow in the mud, you become muddy...here are your liberal friends.  

http://users.lmi.net/zombie/sf_rally_march_20_2004/anti-american/

http://users.lmi.net/zombie/sf_rally_march_20_2004/idiots/

http://users.lmi.net/zombie/sf_rally_march_20_2004/anti-bush/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 05:49:04 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 05:50:07 PM »
"I am proud to call myself a liberal..."

Wtg MT.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 05:52:19 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Wtg MT.

Yeah, WTG MT!  (Looks like your body hiding behind the sign..)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 05:52:26 PM »
Oh please!

Here are some of your "conservative" friends:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 05:54:05 PM »
THere are more liberals than KKK members.  We're doomed as a nation.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2004, 05:56:39 PM »
I guess that sound you heard was the point wizzing on by. Posting picks of fringe idiots to make your point is well...... pointless.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 06:02:15 PM »
I guess that sound you heard was the point wizzing on by. Posting picks of fringe idiots to make your point is well...... pointless.

All the (real) liberals I've met in person were fringe idiots.  I think you just play one on the BBS.

Can't say I have met any KKK members, knowingly.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Re: Vets,moderates and conservatives.....
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 06:03:42 PM »
Originally posted by demaw1
I have been invited to a meeting next week. This meeting is not just for vets but most are...It is to discuss whys to support the vets who have come out against kerrys vietnam record.. They and I guess I do also,believe the news media and dems are going to be vindictive and untruthfull about them.

More important, the main thrust of debate, is to see what they personally can do, to protect those that  come back from iraq, from the liberals.  Now this is more dear to my heart, It seems they want to stand up for the military, and stop those that would from spitting,calling them baby killers etc.

I thought I better say this isnt suppose to be some get your guns thing, just being a support ,barrier,thing. He did  laugh and say someting like spiting might equal a bloody nose he he.

Anyway he said it seems because of the way the dems ,hollywood and the media are becoming there is a ground swell beginning, the saying being something like ,never again.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Geez, demaw. Are you that paranoid? I have to echo MT sentiments. The liberals are NOT spitting on troops, calling them babykillers or the like. I personally find it insulting that you insuate that I and other liberals do.

I am an american veteran and G**D*** proud of it. If anyone EVER dared to spit on, at, or in the general vicinity of a member of the armed services in my presence I would not hesitate 1 second before defending them by flattening the scum.

Yes, there is a groundswell. It's the nausea of the american people against the policies and actions of this administration. You see, the flag belongs to all americans, not just George W. Bush and his supporters.

Not that it matters, but have you ever served? I'm pretty sure I know the answer.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 06:19:10 PM »
Thanks ripsnort ,I would have done that but I dont know how yet.