Author Topic: Message To Squads....  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
"...correspondence between no fewer than 3 AW squads are doing this on purpose"

IMO this is fine.  I think those who do not like this (ME for instance) should rally together with thier squads, in another country, to hand out a spanking. And do this for a few tours.

-Westy

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:
[QB][/b]
Mark for many months, each country had 'their turn in the bucket'...and it would ebb and flow pretty consistently..now, with the influx of AW and FA recently, we're seeing them all join the same country (I know for a fact that correspondence between no fewer than 3 AW squads are doing this on purpose). Now, its come down to 2 countries in the bucket, for 6 weeks now. Thats a record.

QB]

I've caught wind of this, that is why I started this thread. In the past it hasn't been as loopsided as the last 6-7 weeks. The MOL have tried to help even out the numbers by not joining the country that has the obvious advantage, but we don't have enough numbers to really make a difference without the cooperation of some of the other squads, and that just isn't happening.

The MA land grab game for some is what AH is all about, others see the MA as practice for the special events. The frustration, because of the lopsided numbers, some feel is because, while having the short end of the stick, their gameplay is relegated to base defence for most of the players. Although it is possible to mount an assult on a base under these circumstances, the resulting loss of territory because of the lack of numbers causes some people to log in frustration. We don't need to have players doing that because, in the long run it is bad for AH and it's reputation.

So, what's it gonna be? Are we going to try to even out the numbers a bit so that the game is more enjoyable for the majority of the players, or are we going to let the lopsided numbers drive people away and create some bad juju for AH?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
MrLars, see a re-post of suggestions from users in the past, in the GAMEPLAY forum I posted this morning..HTC is aware of it.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Message To Squads....
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
Am I the only guy who breathes a sigh of relief when squads rotate out of my country?

:)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Message To Squads....
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
No.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by hblair:
Am I the only guy who breathes a sigh of relief when squads rotate out of my country?

I feel the exact same way when I leave the current country I'm flying.

You wanna know the first thing that comes into my mind when I switch to the next country?
  :)
-SW

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
air`s been bishes since the early days and we  decided to stay there. Anyway it has been days that i have got the choises to either use a chainsaw and trying to cut my neck away, or trying to lift  off from one of the last single base and not choose to change countries in the last minutes like some does to get some lousy earned perkys   :D

airguard

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: air_guard ]

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
    For what its worth…

I have twice as many kills against Bishop’s as I do for the Rooks as they also have twice as many kills on me as the Rooks do.  I try and go where the battle is and it seems to be bishop so far.

For all you batiges that were at A34 last night and were wondering where the spontaneous combustion problems were coming from.  Knights had a death ray installed by S.P.E.C.T.R. and we were blasting you from the hillside.  Or it could have just been the cannons from my LA7  :D

Zippatuh

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2001, 11:16:00 AM »
Geez....maybe the knits should grow a spine or something.  This is the worst bout of whining I have ever seen in my life.  I mean, really, you got all those superior LuftWhiner squads over there so you should not have any problems being outnumbered, right?   ;)

The only problem I have with the rotating is when the rotaters show up in Bishland and start infesting our country channel with thier whining.....if yer gonna do that, do it in Knitland.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2001, 11:36:00 AM »
MrLars, see a re-post of suggestions from users in the past, in the GAMEPLAY forum I posted this morning..HTC is aware of it.

Yeah, I've read it. I was hopeing that the players would do something about it rather than having HTC spend their resources on something that could be fixed by us though  :(

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2001, 11:43:00 AM »
Has the customer base ever solved any lopsided or game play issue anomolies?  :D(Hint: answer is NO, but, we're damn good at exploiting anomolies!)  ;)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
Has the customer base ever solved any lopsided or game play issue anomolies?    :D(Hint: answer is NO, but, we're damn good at exploiting anomolies!)    ;)

LOL...you're right Rip. If this problem follows the trend then in the next patch or version there will be a change and it will come about just like the whole C-Hog debate caused the minimal perk on that bird. Problem fixed and on to new problems, that is the HTC way I belive   :)

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: MrLars ]

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by sling322:
[QB]Geez....maybe the knits should grow a spine or something.  This is the worst bout of whining I have ever seen in my life.  I mean, really, you got all those superior LuftWhiner squads over there so you should not have any problems being outnumbered, right?    ;)QB]

The Knights have 15754 kills and have been killed 16172 times against the Bishops.

31926 total kills/deaths

The Knights have 10321 kills and have been killed 11678 times against the Rooks.

21999 total kills/deaths

The Bishops have 13765 kills and have been killed 14804 times against the Rooks.

28569 total kills/deaths

53925 total kills/deaths  Bish/Rooks vs. Knights

-28569 total kills/deaths  Bish vs. Rooks
--------
=25356

So basically the Bish/Rooks have been gangbanging the hell out of the Knights the whole tour.

Call it whining or whatever you like...it sucks to be on the toejamty end of the stick everytime you log into the MA.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2001, 12:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by jihad:

So basically the Bish/Rooks have been gangbanging the hell out of the Knights the whole tour.

Call it whining or whatever you like...it sucks to be on the toejamty end of the stick everytime you log into the MA.

I could of sworn, a few weeks back Hblair said he was moving to the Knights because of this....

If you don't like the situation, WHY did you move to that country?
-SW

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
[/b]
Mark for many months, each country had 'their turn in the bucket'...and it would ebb and flow pretty consistently..now, with the influx of AW and FA recently, we're seeing them all join the same country (I know for a fact that correspondence between no fewer than 3 AW squads are doing this on purpose).

LOL!  Those evil bastards!  They should call themselves MAG-66.   :p

[/b]
Something should be done so that one day when YOUR in the bucket for 6+ weeks, you'll have some sort of relief...

I must be one sick bastard, because this wouldn't bother me at all.  Screw the relief, bring on the targets!  I just hope the numbers get skewed the other way soon, so I don't have to read the squeaking.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!