Author Topic: Message To Squads....  (Read 1414 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by jihad:
The Knights have 15754 kills and have been killed 16172 times against the Bishops.

31926 total kills/deaths

The Knights have 10321 kills and have been killed 11678 times against the Rooks.

21999 total kills/deaths

The Bishops have 13765 kills and have been killed 14804 times against the Rooks.

28569 total kills/deaths

53925 total kills/deaths  Bish/Rooks vs. Knights

-28569 total kills/deaths  Bish vs. Rooks
--------
=25356

So basically the Bish/Rooks have been gangbanging the hell out of the Knights the whole tour.

Call it whining or whatever you like...it sucks to be on the toejamty end of the stick everytime you log into the MA.

ummm...what?!?

16,172 Kills of Knits by Bishops
13,765 Kills of Rooks by Bishops
------
 2,407 More kills of Knits than Rooks by Bishops

14,804 Kills of Bishs by Rooks
11,678 Kills of Knits by Rooks
------
 3,126 More kills of Bish than Knits by Rooks.

So, ummm, Bish/Rook what?  I must be missing something!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Message To Squads....
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2001, 12:25:00 PM »
The Knights have 15754 kills and have been killed 16172 times against the Bishops.

K/D = .974

The Knights have 10321 kills and have been killed 11678 times against the Rooks.

K/D = .884

So... you do better against the country with higher numbers?  Is that what you were trying to say?

AKDejaVu

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by SOB:

So, ummm, Bish/Rook what?  I must be missing something!
SOB

Yup, you missing the "whiner complex"...

;)
-SW

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Message To Squads....
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2001, 12:34:00 PM »
One thing I cannot understan is why two smaller countries never seem to fight against the largest country. It is always one of the smaller countries that gets gangbanged by the other two.

One small country may actually help the largest to win. What is the logic in that??? ... just going for kills against the easiest targets... right...

Why do we try to pretend to have any strategic game in AH at all?

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by BlauK:
One thing I cannot understan is why two smaller countries never seem to fight against the largest country. It is always one of the smaller countries that gets gangbanged by the other two.

One small country may actually help the largest to win. What is the logic in that??? ... just going for kills against the easiest targets... right...

Why do we try to pretend to have any strategic game in AH at all?

Its human nature to take the path of least resistence, you'll never change that...

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Message To Squads....
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2001, 12:40:00 PM »

Wasn't like that last night while I was on.  Not at all.  Knits and Rooks were pretty much hitting Bish exclusively.  At the time, numbers were about B:65, R:45, K:40.

AKDejaVu

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »
Also, I might add, my K/D ratio this tour and last have never been better, so, personally, I could care less about the gang bangs... but what I do care about is the mass log offs by folks being disgusted, folks canceling accounts... its pissing alot of folks off, so, its not about what you prefer, its more of a business decision for HTC.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2001, 12:43:00 PM »
Mark said it well. The 56th FG rotates but not on any particular timeframe. We dont do it every tour, just when it comes up we vote on it and the majority gets it. I personally like flying against the knights because like others..I get my kicks flying against historically correct enemy's in my P-47. The knights have a regular smorgasbord of Luftweenies, good ones at that. However in recent days they are leaving AH. But that maybe the reason why the 56th FG hasnt done time in Knights. In the past the knights didnt need it either. Wasnt all that long ago that they had PLENTY of people. None of them was changing sides either. nullAs a matter of FACT.. the same squads that are on trial here for rotating are the same ones that that made attempts at side balancing. None of the Non-rotaters will break down and rotate for parity..OH NO..we cant do that! But they can certainly whine about it. Wasnt till recently that AH community saw the numbers like they are. Also keep in retrospect that we were very small, less than 8 for a long time. Wasn't till recently that we have grown to 18 members. So we didtn unbalance anything. I am not convinced that we would make a difference if we did go to knights now either.

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2001, 01:01:00 PM »
Ammo, everyones noticed numbers flucuate up and down for any one particular country since beta, usually extending for no longer than 1 tour (most cases, 2-3 days)  Now its been 6+ weeks..its a problem, there are squads from AW organizing this on purpose, its sole purpose being that of winning it all , at all costs...so, you see, it really has nothing to do with country rotations as it does with a needed built in game play modifier to curb this type of behavior...(IMO)

I might add that I can't count the number of times I've subsided Knit whines of being low on numbers, I've always told them "Its our turn in the bucket...it'll change.."  Sure enough, it does...this time it has not, and its gone on for more than a tour..

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:

Yup, you missing the "whiner complex"...

;)
-SW

Why am I not surprised to see another smart bellybutton response from a PUNK with an overly inflated sense of self worth.

You bring nothing to the table at all with your remarks.

Instead of being a smart bellybutton punk all the time why don't you add something of worth occasionally?

I REALLY hope to meet you someday, I want to see if your willing to be a punk face to face.....

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
If you act the same way in real life, I will speak to you the same way I type.. I don't like self-pitying whiney people in real life either... so it won't change much.

As far as the "punk" comment... ooo! You got me there. Ouch!

"Bring something to the table"... like what? I tried to help with the situation, but it's kinda hard to do something when you aren't the squad leader.

Hblair switched your squad for whatever reason... now you are whining that you are on the toejam end of the stick... man the irony!

It's always easier to point the finger at someone else!
-SW

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2001, 01:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:
... but what I do care about is the mass log offs by folks being disgusted, folks canceling accounts...

All I got to say to that is refer to my earlier post....grow a backbone...if guys are quitting because of this than they probably had one foot out the door already and good riddance to them.

The bish have had their days as the overwhelming underdogs.  It happens to everyone from time to time

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
This all makes me wonder if there will be a fun little squeak-slapping contest at the convention?

hahahahah
Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2001, 01:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by sling322:

The bish have had their days as the overwhelming underdogs.  It happens to everyone from time to time

As I have repeated many times, it DOES happen from time to time, for everyone, however, this time I have metrics for 6 weeks...its nothing personal, its business, and HTC is gonna suffer because of it, something no one wants I would surely hope!

I might add, hardly anyone quits over one issue, its usually a conglomeration of issues, this one issue will push them over the edge of hitting that delete button, and if you think its not an issue, then do some post searching, its been a topic for 1.5 years now, my general response was "turn in the bucket" until I stubbled upon some inside info, and started scribbling down numbers to confirm it...

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »
I've already been told to bring a box of bandaids if I go.... boy, I wonder what fun adventures involves a box of bandaids.......

SOB, you would know...   :)
-SW