Author Topic: Message To Squads....  (Read 1423 times)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
I've already been told to bring a box of bandaids if I go.... boy, I wonder what fun adventures involves a box of bandaids.......

SOB, you would know...    :)
-SW

Those band-aids were for the Swedish Bikini team's swim suit competition...they aren't going to the con though..they caught wind of the Bish hoards and the fact that they may gangbang the con has turned them off to the idea...Thanks Bish!   :)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2001, 01:35:00 PM »
I heard it was because all of the FDBs were going to the con that the Swedish SwimSuit Bikini team decided not to go...

Thanks you Phat DrUnk BaStardS ies!
  :D
-SW

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Message To Squads....
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2001, 01:42:00 PM »
Swulfe, why don't you talk to curly and gordo, and see if you can work out some sort of trade. You'd fit right in there with animal and creamo, You could be the "Ringleader Bad-guy". You would be such a phat d3\/\/d then. And on occasion, they could all take turns breaking your nose.

Oh yeah, that'd rock!

;)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2001, 01:44:00 PM »
If anyone takes me seriously, they are a few beers short of a 6 pack....
-SW

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:

... until I stubbled upon some inside info, and started scribbling down numbers to confirm it...

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Hmmmm....some top secret conspiracy then.  Dude, Ripsnort, you have been sniffing leather over there in Knitland for too long.  You are starting to absorb the whole "LW Conspiracy theory" attitude.

If people arent having fun in the arena then let them go.  They will be back....its been proven.   :)  If they really wanna blame the unbalance of the arena as their reason to leave then what can you say to stop them.  If you solve that problem, then they will find some other whine to explain why they are leaving.

I hate to see the player base get smaller Rip, but really, I think arena balance is a very weak excuse.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Think so sling?  Okay, come knit for 6 weeks.   :)

I will repeat myself again, its usually not one issue, its usually a combination of issues, but it takes only 1 issue (proverbial straw that breaks the camels back) to push em over the edge.  If a developer addresses these issues (see Chog whine) then there is more potential of revenue.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
Ammo, everyones noticed numbers flucuate up and down for any one particular country since beta, usually extending for no longer than 1 tour (most cases, 2-3 days)  Now its been 6+ weeks..its a problem, there are squads from AW organizing this on purpose, its sole purpose being that of winning it all , at all costs...so, you see, it really has nothing to do with country rotations as it does with a needed built in game play modifier to curb this type of behavior...(IMO)

I might add that I can't count the number of times I've subsided Knit whines of being low on numbers, I've always told them "Its our turn in the bucket...it'll change.."  Sure enough, it does...this time it has not, and its gone on for more than a tour..

Its not that i disagree with your post or your point of view rip, I was not even directing it your way. I was just following the line of thought starting with the title of the post. That is why I posted. So then you do agree that rotating squads are not at fault for the unbalancing numbers we have now? I am also not sure that this is that much of a problem that HTC needs to look into. Some do I know.

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2001, 02:36:00 PM »
Oh I agree, the post was off mark, I had one where I simply gave a <S> to the squads who do not rotate, ie. <S> long time friends in Knitland, but was flamed by Deja for even that...so, tough crowd to please, I was simply pointing out that it's always been a variable in the past, and it no longer is a varible.  Its a constant.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Message To Squads....
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2001, 02:55:00 PM »
I'll flame the same remark again rip.

You are also saluting people that are contributing to the problem.  If a squad has a squadnight with 30 people playing.. they are going to skew the numbers... but you salute that.

You cited people that you really enjoy teaming with on a regular basis, but you salute those you've never teamed with at all.

The post had, has and will always have two meanings.  And, as I said before... don't try to come off like it doesn't.  It wasn't a "salute to those I team with".

AKDejaVu

[edit]Oh.. and my flame consisted of  phrase: "Sure you are"[/edit]

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: AKDejaVu ]

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
Think so sling?  Okay, come knit for 6 weeks.    :)

I would, but you got too many LuftWhiners over there.  And besides, I am just a latrine scrubber....I dont get to make those tough decisions.   :)  You have to talk to the top dogs like Gordo....if you can ever find him in the arena.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Message To Squads....
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
All squads of all three countries have squad nights, usually one night a week. You think thats gonna cause the same number imbalance that rotating squads do when they all bungle into the same country every couple of months?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2001, 03:03:00 PM »
Deja, yes it was a compliment to my fellow flyers, its just that your just anal retentive, its not very becoming of you... :D

Mirror mirror on the wall....

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2001, 03:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by sling322:

I would, but you got too many LuftWhiners over there.  And besides, I am just a latrine scrubber....I dont get to make those tough decisions.    :)  You have to talk to the top dogs like Gordo....if you can ever find him in the arena.

Excuses excuses, now you use "rank and file" for that loose ship you call FDB for an excuse...you know what?  You couldn't handle it Sling, ya just couldn't handle it, you'd quit after 1  week..just admit it.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2001, 03:09:00 PM »
And you are a dickhead Ripsnort... one that really knows how to carry a grudge.   :D

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2001, 03:11:00 PM »
All squads of all three countries have squad nights, usually one night a week. You think thats gonna cause the same number imbalance that rotating squads do when they all bungle into the same country every couple of months?

With some yes.. with others no.

BTW.. ever remember the time someone called for all squads <for one particular country> to be there on the same night?  Suppose that was for the sake of balance and making the night more enjoyable for everyone else on-line.

AKDejaVu

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: AKDejaVu ]