Author Topic: Message To Squads....  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »
....bah, your hardly worth it Deja..never mind.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2001, 03:19:00 PM »
:)   :(   :D   ;)   :eek:   :p   :rolleyes:   :confused:  
I figured this thread could use some more pointless and useless crap added to it.
-SW

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Message To Squads....
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2001, 03:25:00 PM »
And you are worth it Rip.

The whole "everyone gets their turn in the bucket" mentality promotes the lopsidedness seen in the arena.  The same arguments against lopsided teams are used to justify gang-bang attacks... and if the team being gang-banged doesn't have numbers then the "its your turn in the bucket" line comes up.

Everyone remember what it was like when you were getting the crap kicked out of you?  How much did you like it?  Did you wish the other sides would stop double-teaming?  Remember that the next time you have everyone flying out of one base attacking only one front.  Remember that when you have 50 people prioritizing a nation with only 35 people on-line.

It has nothing to do with rotating squads or squads that don't rotate.  It has to do with the behavior of each individual playing the game.  Time for everyone to take ownership of their own actions and worry less about others.

AKDejaVu

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2001, 03:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by hblair:
Swulfe, why don't you talk to curly and gordo, and see if you can work out some sort of trade. You'd fit right in there with animal and creamo, You could be the "Ringleader Bad-guy". You would be such a phat d3\/\/d then. And on occasion, they could all take turns breaking your nose.

Oh yeah, that'd rock!

;)

Good lord Hblair, it's bad enough that we already have Animal & Gordo, don't go putting ideas into SeaWulfe's head now too!  You're just mad because you have to put up with Milenko and Lizard!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Message To Squads....
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2001, 04:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

With some yes.. with others no.

BTW.. ever remember the time someone called for all squads <for one particular country> to be there on the same night?  Suppose that was for the sake of balance and making the night more enjoyable for everyone else on-line.

AKDejaVu

Deja, squad nights last one night, Squad rotations usually last a month, or have you guys started a weekly rotation now?

<g,d,r>

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2001, 08:03:00 PM »
Lemme see now... last time I looked in there were about 70 knits on; prime time US.

And, according to the numbers published above the Bish killed 'em all about SIXTEEN THOUSAND + TIMES.

Issit any wonder they squeak? Now; look here.. it should be obvious that if killin 'em 16,000 times won't make 'em stop squeakin, lettin 'em outta the bucket won't make 'em any less vocal.

:D

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2001, 08:22:00 AM »
2nd time this month I logged on and Knits actually had 7 more pilots than Rooks, Bish, amazingly, 30 min later, it was 45/45/45, then, around 6pm PDT, bish numbers were up again, but not 2 to 1....not bad, 2 days out of 12!

BTW, excellent fights with the 56th FG, they know how to handle their -11's! <S>

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Message To Squads....
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2001, 08:55:00 AM »
There were some great battles last night.  Saw two bases captured using LVTs (First I've seen it work).. and pretty even numbers all around for the 3 hours I was on.

I did get a chuckle out of someone using the "bishrook" phrase in another thread.  I can't help but think its more perspective than anything.

AKDejaVu

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
Let's just cut to the chase now shall we?

Who are the squads who are in cahoots and organising on the same side in pursuit of the perpetual pig pile.

Let's name em, mark em and quarantine em.

Then spank the dickens out of them! Every day as those who oppose thier methods can perform a seek and destroy.

Until HTC can provide a solution because it's plain obvious the players cannot.

-Westy

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
*If* they read the boards, that's for them to answer...as I stated before, I caught some 'CC' correspondence via email as I notified a few squads of last weeks Snap shot.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2001, 10:45:00 AM »
OK, so they're organizing a few squads to fly for one country and kick some butt.  Why is that a problem?  I'm still trying to figure out how this is differnt in any way from MAG-33.

In any case, I say they go Knit.  That way, we can end the whining and I'll have plenty of toejam to kill.  I hate having to fight over a target...especially with my poor gunnery and the 4 .50s in my 51b!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2001, 10:55:00 AM »
Most ever that MAG-33 has had online at once is 15, for our monthly squad meet.  And, its for 1 hour.  1 hour a month that is...

We have on a regular basis about 5-10 online at any given time.

Actually, I think squads that stay put, and squads that rotate is fine, if everyone rotated, we wouldn't ever fly with some squads...the thread is alittle off, but what it brings to lite is the imbalance issue that needs to be addressed or HTC will lose business.

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2001, 11:10:00 AM »
Ok everyone has its own solution,as... knights are always whining,... its not true they are outnumbered,... happens to every contry from time to time,.. its not true they are gangbanged (lol someone must be blind  :D), ..and so on.
Losting our Knights time writing here about theese things instead of fighting them hard!!  ;)
Come on gangbangers and blamers of whining, come with your hordes of chog and nikis, we are waiting to fight and shot you down, it will be fun ,though we will lost our bases one after the other and then you will reset.

:rolleyes:
No fear to be on the losing side proud to be Knights
 :D Gotta stop  mix beer and wine  :D
  :p  jokin Nib
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2001, 11:13:00 AM »
Why don't we try something unique? Instead of all this bickering we seem to have gotten into, lets come together and resolve the issue. Some of these posts are from people I enjoy flying with and against and I want to keep it that way, except for SOB of course  :D.

Aren't we actually talking about tactics versus strategy? Numbers, who ever has them at the moment, gives that country a tactical advantage. Once that country whittles you down, then takes out all radar, they then have a strategic advantage. It seems to me that were we to do away with in-flight radar and darbar for ALL countries, it would give even the fewest numbered country an opportunity to implement a tactical battle plan, an NOE attack, for example and maybe even allow them to fight their way out of the hole and win the day.

I am not naive enough to assume this is the cure all or the one and only answer, but I think you can see where I'm going? Lets at least start on problem resolution and not problem compounding.

<S>

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
Good post Apache, you say it so much more eloquently than me...