Author Topic: dems - your veep  (Read 657 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
dems - your veep
« on: August 08, 2004, 07:20:22 PM »
another reason you'll lose in NOV  -  LOL

Problems With John Edwards
July 21, 2004 by Phyllis Schlafly
A presidential nominee's choice of a running mate is supposed to
balance the ticket. John Edwards doesn't balance John Kerry's ticket ideologically, since they have the same ultra-liberal voting record. Or geographically, since Edwards can't even carry his own state, and that's why he chose not to run for reelection to the Senate.
Edwards' balance for the Democratic ticket is to provide the
fundamental quality that Kerry lacks. Edwards is said to be a
compelling speaker who knows how to sway emotions, while Kerry just isn't likeable.
The last time the Democrats picked a nominee because of his
extraordinary speaking ability was William Jennings Bryan in 1896. The tactic didn't succeed then, and it won't succeed this year after the voters look at the history of Edwards' histrionics.
Edwards honed his oratorical skills by manipulating juries with a
combination of junk science and demagoguery to believe that
obstetricians are to blame for causing cerebral palsy by not
performing a Caesarean section immediately after a fetal heartbeat monitor indicates a warning. After his first spectacular $6.5 million verdict using this theory, he filed at least 20 similar lawsuits and won verdicts and settlements of more than $60 million, typically keeping about a third of the winnings.
The result of Edwards' lawsuits against obstetricians is that fears of career ruination from malpractice litigation have raised the rate of Caesarean sections in the United States to 26 percent from only 6 percent in 1970. However, this change has not caused any decrease in the rate of cerebral palsy.
The ongoing medical debate includes concern about needless
Caesarean deliveries which carry the risks of major surgery, and
studies which have found that the electronic fetal monitors used
during delivery often give false signals. Most studies indicate that
cerebral palsy is caused by fetal brain injury long before labor begins.
The current large numbers of Caesareans are costly, harmful and
inappropriate in the big majority of cases. Because of hucksters like Edwards, doctors now practice more out of fear of litigation than doing what is best for the patients.
The malpractice insurance crisis has driven doctors out of many
regions of the country, leaving patients without care. Frivolous and exaggerated lawsuits have made insurance unaffordable for doctors in many key specialties such as obstetrics and neurosurgery.
The obstetrician who delivered my six children in the 1950s and '60s was never sued during a lifetime of delivering babies. Now, an obstetrician neighbor, one of the last obstetricians in private practice in the county, is closing her practice and moving away because her malpractice insurance premium has soared to $300,000 a year.
John Kerry is hoping that Edwards will be as successful with
American voters as he has been in handpicking juries susceptible to his rhetoric. But Edwards can't pick his jury this November, and
taxpayers are the opposite of jurors who are willing to make large
awards at someone else's expense.
American voters know that lawsuits will not protect our country from terrorists or create a single job for our economy. How will Edwards react to a deadly attack by terrorists - sue them?
Thirty years ago, California placed a reasonable limit of $250,000 on "pain and suffering" and other dubious "non-economic" damages (of course, not limiting economic damages). As a result, there is no malpractice crisis in California and doctors are not leaving the state.
Americans have probably never had a national candidate whose large personal and political money is identified with one particular
economic group: trial lawyers who file dubious lawsuits claiming
wildly exaggerated damages. Edwards' presidential campaign raked in $9.3 million from lawyers.
Edwards' nomination for vice president "will get their adrenaline
pumping and it will open up their checkbooks to a degree never seen before," observed political science professor Larry Sabato. A glance at the lawyers' reaction to the choice of Edwards confirms this view.
The trial lawyers plow their lawsuit winnings back into politics to
prevent anyone from interfering with their game. Nearly three out of every four dollars that attorneys contribute to political campaigns are to Democrats.
The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA) was holding its
annual convention in Boston when the news of Edwards' pick arrived.
The ATLA attorneys broke into "a whole lot of cheering and foot
stomping," explained New York State Trial Lawyers Association
president Shoshana Bookson; "the mood was excitement beyond
description."
ATLA is the national group that defends the shocking $2.9 million
judgment against McDonald's for making hot coffee that a customer spilled on herself while riding in a car. The ATLA website defends that award (later reduced) by saying that it "equals about two days of McDonald's coffee sales," as though that justifies redistributing wealth.
It is no surprise that Edwards has voted against every bill in
Congress proposing limits on non-economic damages.
=================
then again the typical dem believes he deserves something for nothing..maybe they will relate this thief..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 08:35:29 PM »
wow......an hour and 20 minutes after an attack on a libral and no responses.

This has got to be a forum record or something!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 09:35:26 PM »
wow....2 hours and 10 minutes.....you librals asleep out there?  It must be true

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 09:44:28 PM »
may need better bait
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 10:21:42 PM »
Nice spacing
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 10:27:02 PM »
he killed the bait is why.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 10:44:13 PM »
I at least gave it the good courtisy hour before I posted

I do happen to agree with it in its entirety

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 10:58:49 PM »
Edwards is said to be a
compelling speaker who knows how to sway emotions, while Kerry just isn't likeable.

That right there is a balancing..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 11:07:55 PM »
Bah bah Eagler.  Most political analysts believe it will without a doubt be a very close election (pre debates). I also notice, in spite of all the sheep talk in the OC, few know how rank George W. in the context of past Presidents. He's mediocre at best. He has the score of a 1 term President. His weaknesses are intelligence and domestic policy. His strength is foreign policy, even though it is definitely polarized. A generous score for articulation/charisma is average (I still shake my head at one his most important speeches containing "evil doers" and his stupid "bring it on" diatribe).

The only question is whether or not Kerry could be better than a mediocre President.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 11:13:33 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 11:14:22 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
Bah bah Eagler.  Most political analysts believe it will without a doubt be a very close election (pre debates). I also notice, in spite of all the sheep talk in the OC, few know how rank George W. in the context of past Presidents. He's mediocre at best. He has the score of a 1 term President. His weaknesses are intelligence and domestic policy. His strength is foreign policy, even though it is definitely polarized. A generous score for articulation/charisma is average (I still shake my head at one his most important speeches containing "evil doers" and his stupid "bring it on" diatribe).

The only question is whether or not Kerry could be better than a mediocre President.

sayeth one sheep to the rest of the flock

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 11:26:14 PM »
Find me a real issue about Kerry, something that shows he would be a mistake, and I'll show you how much of a sheep I am. This military record crap is not only absurd, its outright DUMB considering the shroud of secrecy that surrounds Bush's military service and whether or not he went AWOL. I've serched more than 75  sources and even searched the agenda of the sources and still can not find an adequate explanation of George W.'s on again off again relationship with the National Guard.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 11:36:01 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »
still can not find an adequate explanation of George W.'s on again off again relationship with the National Guard.

I know alot of people that have that type of relationship w/ the guard.  Especially pilots.  Some jobs are not just a one weekend a month type deal, you work a week here and a week there until you have enough points for a successfull drill year.

As far as him not sticking around, my dad was a Naval Aviator Officer Canidate right around the same time he was in the guard.  They were having a draw down of pilots and it was too the point that if you fail one test you are done.  That would be my only explination for his outright release.

Now as far as kerry is concerned....his service record is completly aplicable.  It is one of the basis his campagn.

Other than that I dont see anything that he stands for.  He doesnt mention his record in the senate, nor does he mention his term as lt. govener.  That being said he falls back on his service record and to me 4 months in vietnam does not make you qualified to be commander in chief even if the other guy didnt go.

What I'm trying to say is other than 4 months in vietnam Kerry hasnt done a thing.  I havnt heard of one good bill that he had his name on.  Not a one.

To top it off while campagning he hasnt voted like 70% of the time in the senate.

The only reason Kerry was nominated was because howard dean did that YEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH thing

at this point its all about beating Bush and that to me doesnt cut it.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 12:01:35 AM »
>>I know alot of people that have that type of relationship w/ the guard. Especially pilots. Some jobs are not just a one weekend a month type deal, you work a week here and a week there until you have enough points for a successfull drill year.
<<

So is this the adequate explanation? Everyone does it? No one remenbers him  even showing up in Alabama. Are you telling me you think he showed up there and no one marked it down? Most things, you can get to the bottom of on the internet. The things you can't find really intrigue me because mostly there's a concious effort to conceal them. The man is President. These question surrounded him in the campaign of 2000 and still no answers?
Where the hell was he? He did his duty in Alabama or he didn't - but I'll be damned if I can find an answer.

Again - from another thead..

google these terms

+"George W. Bush" +cocaine
+"George W. Bush" +alcoholism
+"George W. Bush" +awol
+"George W. Bush" +dui

Then go back and substitute "John Kerry" for "George W. Bush."
Make up your own mind, be critical of the sources, and ask yourself if any deception is going on.

I don't understand how all these question from the first campaign remain unanswered.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 12:08:44 AM by TweetyBird »

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 12:41:43 AM »
>>I know alot of people that have that type of relationship w/ the guard. Especially pilots. Some jobs are not just a one weekend a month type deal, you work a week here and a week there until you have enough points for a successfull drill year.
<<

So is this the adequate explanation? Everyone does it? No one remenbers him  even showing up in Alabama. Are you telling me you think he showed up there and no one marked it down? Most things, you can get to the bottom of on the internet. The things you can't find really intrigue me because mostly there's a concious effort to conceal them. The man is President. These question surrounded him in the campaign of 2000 and still no answers?
Where the hell was he? He did his duty in Alabama or he didn't - but I'll be damned if I can find an answer.

Again - from another thead..

google these terms

+"George W. Bush" +cocaine
+"George W. Bush" +alcoholism
+"George W. Bush" +awol
+"George W. Bush" +dui

Then go back and substitute "John Kerry" for "George W. Bush."
Make up your own mind, be critical of the sources, and ask yourself if any deception is going on.

I don't understand how all these question from the first campaign remain unanswered.

So you are saying even if somone is wholey unqualified he should be nominated beacause he can beat bush.

I say this cause you say nothing about kerry....all you do is talk down Bush.

all I hear about kerry is he went to nam and bush was awol from the guard....that's not even a remotely intelligent way to pick a president even in third world countrys let alone the US

all this jib jab about Bush and the guard means you dont have a clue what kerry stands for or what he'll do to this country....it just means he'll beat bush wich isnt saying much.

if that's all you got Again I say sheep talking to the flock

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
dems - your veep
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 01:37:36 AM »
I'm asking about Bush's military record as it compares to Kerry's ONLY because it has been questioned the the dittoheads. I really don't care - it means squat. The whole non issue tells more about Karl Rove than Kerry or Bush.

How dumb is Karl Rove? Why in the hell would military records become a focal point when Bush has severe discepancies in his?
If Kerry wants to toot his horn as Rambo - let him. No one is gonna make a decision based on that. Challenge it, and the whole Bush- AWOL thing gets brought up again and people MIGHT base their decision on that. Its just completely stupid for the GOP to even enter the ring and fight about military records. Let Kerry sport his. The consequences for trying to rip it down will be grave.

And as far as me waving pom poms for Kerry, I haven't decided anything yet. I DO know, G.W., is a mediocre President - a little better than Ford, a little worse than Carter - but I DON'T know if Kerry can be better than a mediocre President. Thats why I'll be watching the debates and ignoring Karl Rove.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 01:46:37 AM by TweetyBird »